(Photo by Tyler Copeland)
The 2017 FHSAA State Finals are in full swing with day one in the books. Flrunners.com will be on-site all weekend long with a team full of photographers, videographers, writers. Keep it locked on the site as well as on social media, Twitter, and Facebook, for the latest in LIVE updates, LIVE results, and all the pre and post race coverage you crave!
Day One Meet Highlights:
- Queshun Watson of Sebastian River had the longest jump of the day in the long jump, going 23-11 in the 3A competition. Arian Smith from Mulberry High won the 2A Long Jump with a jump of 23-7.25.
- Zatoria Thompson won 4A girls high Jump with a jump of 5-7, Carshayla Harrison wins 3A with a 5-5.75 to win for Northeast (Oakland Park)
- Anne Gutierrez of Ransom HS and Laine Roberts of Bolles School tie for the 2A Championship in girls Pole Vault, both going 11-5.75. Clearwater Calvary Christian's Morgan Brown wins 1A pole vault with 11-2.25.
- James Thorpe won 1A boys shot put with a throw of 54-10.75 for Indian Rocks Christian. Jarez Parks threw 58-1 to win 3A championship for Sebastian River HS.
- Markeisha Lewis from Miami Carol City HS threw 141-2 to win the 3A girls discus title. Cooper Monn won the girls 1A discus for Mount Dora Christian by eight inches, tossing 125-10.
- Kristlin Gear ran the fastest of all times in the Girls 800m run, finishing in 2:10.29, other champions: Kayla Johnson, Miami Southridge won in 2:10.39 (4A), Caitlin Collier, Bolles won in 2:10.65 (2A), Grace Blair, Oak Hall School won in 2:13.43 (1A).
- Miami Northwestern won the Girls 4x100m Relay in Class 3A with a US#1 45.20 in 3A. They clocked Florida's fastest 4x100m time in history on Friday.
- John Rivera of Lakewood Ranch ran the fastest time in the Boys 800m run, going 1:53.16 to take the 4A championship. Joseph Storey from Creekside went 1:53.26 to win 3A, Danny Ferro of Ft. Lauderdale Calvary Christian ran 1:54.07 to take 2A, while Justin Bridgewater came from behind and won 1A in 1:55.11.
- Tiara McMinn had the fastest Girls 100m Hurdles time of 14.37 in 2A and had the highest jump of the day with a 5-10.75 leap for Miami Jackson in 2A. Damion Thomas ran 14.01 for Northeast in 3A.
- Palatka's KaTia Seymour broke the IMG Academy stadium record with an 11.51 in the 2A 100m prelims. Tyrese Cooper from Miami Norland (3A) clocked a 10.63 to have the overall fastest time of the day.
- Jan'Tajiah Ford from Northeast ran the fastest prelim time in the 400m in Class 3A going 54.54. Cooper finished in 46.29 to have the fastest time overall.
- Kaylah Clark from Miami Northwestern threw 42-11.75 in the 3A shot-put to win that competition while Monn threw 38-11.50 to complete the double and win both shot-put and discus.
- Jarez Park threw 210-5 in the 3A discus to take the championship for Sebastian River, while Edward Shelikoff of Niceville HS threw 200-8 to be the only two throwers to eclipse the 200-foot mark.
- Dunbar HS had the fastest time in the boys 4x100m relay, but what was more surprising was Plantation American Heritage's failure to qualify after two bad handoffs put them in 5th and .08 away from qualifying.
- Palm Beach Central's Karimah Davis ran 54.69 while Southridge's Symone Mason clocked a 54.84 in the 400m to advance to Saturday's finals in 4A.
- Meet Preview Girls Virtual Meet (Based On Regional Bests)
- Boys Virtual Meet (Based On Regional Bests)
- Girls Individual Rankings
- Boys Individual Rankings
Remember to keep it locked on the site as well as on social media, Twitter, and Facebook, for the latest in LIVE updates, LIVE results, and all the pre and post race coverage you crave!