the condition of the farm
09/18/2018 10:48:03 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Just went on their website,and saw that they are having a mudd bogger race? race next week, im pretty sure that will tear the course apart. It also says they are having one of those races on the same day as the regional cc meet. Is this true? your 4a pollster, Go Rams thanks
Just went on their website,and saw that they are having a mudd bogger race? race next week, im pretty sure that will tear the course apart. It also says they are having one of those races on the same day as the regional cc meet. Is this true? your 4a pollster, Go Rams thanks
09/19/2018 11:21:54 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@paul a opitz Paul, Pull some strings and please get the Regional moved away from that course. It is an awful course to run one week before State. Someone is going to sprain ankle. Not to mention it is unsanitary running through cow poop and puddles filled with who knows what disease.
@paul a opitz Paul, Pull some strings and please get the Regional moved away from that course. It is an awful course to run one week before State. Someone is going to sprain ankle. Not to mention it is unsanitary running through cow poop and puddles filled with who knows what disease.
09/19/2018 12:00:33 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I was under the impression that the B3R invatational was on the regional course and it seemed like a fast course based on times. Any chance the mud bogger is a different area away from the course?
I was under the impression that the B3R invatational was on the regional course and it seemed like a fast course based on times. Any chance the mud bogger is a different area away from the course?
09/19/2018 1:08:22 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@coolestname I would recommend emailing Alex from FHSAA. Actually recommend anyone with concerns to email him.
@coolestname I would recommend emailing Alex from FHSAA. Actually recommend anyone with concerns to email him.
09/19/2018 1:37:55 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Actually, if you go their Facebook page they have aerial photos of the mud drag races and they show two parallel, mud-filled tracks carved into the pasture running the length of the 600-yard starting straightaway...which in itself was ridiculous! While Dusty and B3R put on quality, well-organized events, the course/venue at the Farm were DEFINITELY not up to their usual standards and certainly shouldn’t be used as a regional course. To begin with, the actual starting lines are a half mile away from the team tent village. To get to them you have to dodge fire ant hills, gopher holes and cow pies, all while slogging through deep, smelly mud bogs. I agree...who knows what diseases and infections could come about to anyone with an open sore or wound! The only real, safe warmup option is to use the adjacent dirt road. Of course, no one can control the weather...we get that. But this course seems inherently susceptible to wet, muddy conditions. Throw in the fact that they are evidently PURPOSELY pumping in water to create even more mud for the mud drag races, and tearing up the opening straightway to do it, should certainly be reason enough to move the regional course to something more suitable. Especially considering one of the mud drag races is scheduled for the same day...on November 3rd!
Actually, if you go their Facebook page they have aerial photos of the mud drag races and they show two parallel, mud-filled tracks carved into the pasture running the length of the 600-yard starting straightaway...which in itself was ridiculous! While Dusty and B3R put on quality, well-organized events, the course/venue at the Farm were DEFINITELY not up to their usual standards and certainly shouldn't be used as a regional course. To begin with, the actual starting lines are a half mile away from the team tent village. To get to them you have to dodge fire ant hills, gopher holes and cow pies, all while slogging through deep, smelly mud bogs. I agree...who knows what diseases and infections could come about to anyone with an open sore or wound! The only real, safe warmup option is to use the adjacent dirt road. Of course, no one can control the weather...we get that. But this course seems inherently susceptible to wet, muddy conditions. Throw in the fact that they are evidently PURPOSELY pumping in water to create even more mud for the mud drag races, and tearing up the opening straightway to do it, should certainly be reason enough to move the regional course to something more suitable. Especially considering one of the mud drag races is scheduled for the same day...on November 3rd!
09/19/2018 2:42:12 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@Longhorn Not sure whose times you looked at but my girls were 30 to 40 seconds slower than what I thought they would run. I just emailed Alix about moving regionals to another location. I hope everyone else does the same. aozuna@fhsaa.org
@Longhorn
Not sure whose times you looked at but my girls were 30 to 40 seconds slower than what I thought they would run.
I just emailed Alix about moving regionals to another location. I hope everyone else does the same. aozuna@fhsaa.org
09/19/2018 4:36:25 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I agree with @coolestname about what he mentioned above and that the meet needs to be moved. North Port is our regional host on the FHSAA Website and I know I have expressed my concerns with Coach Phu already. Coach Phu does an amazing job on his course and putting on a meet so I hope its moved at least to North Port to host the meet. I really hope everything gets handled without everyone having to write the FHSAA about this course.
I agree with @coolestname about what he mentioned above and that the meet needs to be moved. North Port is our regional host on the FHSAA Website and I know I have expressed my concerns with Coach Phu already. Coach Phu does an amazing job on his course and putting on a meet so I hope its moved at least to North Port to host the meet. I really hope everything gets handled without everyone having to write the FHSAA about this course.
09/19/2018 6:02:45 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Interesting conversation. My boys didn't say anything negative about course itself but I did think it was ridiculous how far away starting line was from team tent area. I was not impressed with the opening straightaway as the terrain was terrible and the abundance of fire ants did present a problem as I have a runner with a very specific allergy to them.
Interesting conversation. My boys didn't say anything negative about course itself but I did think it was ridiculous how far away starting line was from team tent area. I was not impressed with the opening straightaway as the terrain was terrible and the abundance of fire ants did present a problem as I have a runner with a very specific allergy to them.
09/27/2018 9:57:10 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
anyone get an update one way or the other?
anyone get an update one way or the other?
09/27/2018 10:33:10 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@Longhorn We called FHSAA about getting it moved to Holloway and were told that the meet venue would not change.
@Longhorn

We called FHSAA about getting it moved to Holloway and were told that the meet venue would not change.
09/27/2018 10:53:39 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=mastersrunr]@Longhorn Ok so I have never been there before. What should I expect about the type of course, parking, etc? There was a race there earlier this year and the website listed it as a pr course and the times seemed quick. Am I wrong? Thanks We called FHSAA about getting it moved to Holloway and were told that the meet venue would not change.[/quote]
mastersrunr wrote:
@Longhorn
Ok so I have never been there before. What should I expect about the type of course, parking, etc? There was a race there earlier this year and the website listed it as a pr course and the times seemed quick. Am I wrong? Thanks

We called FHSAA about getting it moved to Holloway and were told that the meet venue would not change.
09/27/2018 10:57:45 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@Longhorn I would say read the earlier conversations in this thread. We did not run the earlier race at The Farm either.
@Longhorn

I would say read the earlier conversations in this thread. We did not run the earlier race at The Farm either.
09/27/2018 1:33:22 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@Longhorn That was the 1st race at the venue,2nd race will be the regionals. yeah. Bring money for parking and toliet paper
@Longhorn That was the 1st race at the venue,2nd race will be the regionals. yeah. Bring money for parking and toliet paper
09/28/2018 10:50:09 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
i'll pack the charmin ultra soft! @paul a opitz
i'll pack the charmin ultra soft!

@paul a opitz
09/28/2018 12:42:25 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Why ask to move it to Holloway when it can be just moved to North Port High who is the school host? having all those races at Holloway wih teams running at 10am was one of the main issues. I'll be writing the FHSAA about this and will get with the rest of our county coaches to do the same.
Why ask to move it to Holloway when it can be just moved to North Port High who is the school host? having all those races at Holloway wih teams running at 10am was one of the main issues. I'll be writing the FHSAA about this and will get with the rest of our county coaches to do the same.
09/28/2018 2:09:51 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@CoachAnthony It's a no brainer to move it to North Port HS since they have the facilities, experience of a quality meet, and hosted regionals in the past. Also, North Port is most southern school in 4A-R2, which means not one school in 4A-R2 is in Charlotte County. Hotels are scarce around the farm. Alex at FHSAA seems unwilling to look at other places besides the farm with no real explanation why. It is a shame runner safety is not in the forefront.
@CoachAnthony
It's a no brainer to move it to North Port HS since they have the facilities, experience of a quality meet, and hosted regionals in the past. Also, North Port is most southern school in 4A-R2, which means not one school in 4A-R2 is in Charlotte County. Hotels are scarce around the farm. Alex at FHSAA seems unwilling to look at other places besides the farm with no real explanation why. It is a shame runner safety is not in the forefront.
09/28/2018 2:23:24 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I sent an email to Alex and he did not even have the decency to respond to me.
I sent an email to Alex and he did not even have the decency to respond to me.
10/09/2018 8:56:39 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
We booked hotels yesterday, closest hotel is 30 minutes from the course. The information on the website is not correct. They didn't know anything about being one of the mentioned cross country hotel accommodations. No discount as stated on the website or knowledge of the event. Looking at the previous event photos, mud, standing water, and ankle issues abound and a week before states I can see why concerns are being raised.
We booked hotels yesterday, closest hotel is 30 minutes from the course. The information on the website is not correct. They didn't know anything about being one of the mentioned cross country hotel accommodations. No discount as stated on the website or knowledge of the event.

Looking at the previous event photos, mud, standing water, and ankle issues abound and a week before states I can see why concerns are being raised.
10/09/2018 11:05:46 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@CoachGCracker Our hotel was one of the ones listed as well and had no information on the meet for both the Farm and regionals. We were not given a discount either.
@CoachGCracker Our hotel was one of the ones listed as well and had no information on the meet for both the Farm and regionals. We were not given a discount either.
10/09/2018 11:55:30 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
The footing is like hopping from one divot to the other divot. And maybe making a few complete strides inbetween divots. The race director is top notch. Dusty puts on a fantastic meet. I am sure he was limited in venue options to race at in SW Fl. But loops around a soccer complex would be much better and safer.
The footing is like hopping from one divot to the other divot. And maybe making a few complete strides inbetween divots.
The race director is top notch. Dusty puts on a fantastic meet. I am sure he was limited in venue options to race at in SW Fl.

But loops around a soccer complex would be much better and safer.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.