FSU Invitational (Pre-State) 2017

• Chris Sumner
    Site Admin
    LFCSumner3
    Looking ahead to possible issues that may linger from Irma, I would HIGHLY suggest teams finalize their hotel plans for Pre-State ASAP. In the event football moves any cancelled games to that open weekend, it will be nearly impossible to find anything within an hour of Tallahassee. FSU plays Miami next weekend, but if the destruction is too bad, there may be a chance that game gets moved.

On a personal note, I wish everyone down south the best as this storms hits. Please be safe.
  • Coach
    PRO
    coachdowdy
    Coaches - please call and confirm your hotel reservations. I made reservations at the Fairfield Inn and Suites two weeks ago and was informed today that my reservation had been canceled. I called to find out why and was told that the hotel was now overbooked by 12 rooms - MY 12 rooms - since the football game was changed. Now I am scrambling trying to find a room somewhere. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.
  • Chris Sumner
    Site Admin
    LFCSumner3 Edited
    Dear Coaches:

Thank you for your quick response regarding hotel rooms and after looking at all the options we have decided to leave the meet as originally scheduled. College races Friday morning October 6 followed by Middle School and JV races Friday night and all Varsity races Saturday morning October 7. We understand this is a very sensitive time for Floridians and will refund any team unable to make it due to storm related reasons or cannot find hotels rooms for their team. We look forward to another great event with even better competition.

Our continued thoughts and prayers are with all affected by Hurricane Irma. We want to make this meet better each year and we welcome your feedback.

Sincerely,

Amanda Heidecker
    Assistant Director of Sports Visit Tallahassee,
    A Division of Leon County