Middle School State Meet - No Exceptions for Late Entries

• Jason Byrne
    Site Admin
    PRO
    jason Edited
    I have stated this already, but since I continue to receive numerous emails, voice mails, and even faxes every day this week... let me re-state it. I'm sorry but we are unable to make any exceptions to either the entry deadline or entry standards. They are firm and unmoving. Yes, I feel bad telling you "no". Yes, I feel sorry for your kid. But please understand that I am already receiving a dozen others just like it and I can not make an exception for one and not the other.

I have confirmed with the FLYRA Board of Directors and this is the policy they are having me enforce.

We have a deadline for a reason and it has been posted since the meet opened for registration in February. I realize other meets bend with you and make exceptions, but we can not. Our yes is yes and our no is no.

We thank you for understanding and encourage you to make the deadline next year.
  • Bill Convey
    User
    PRO
    BConvey
    @jason Although we would like everyone who qualified to be able to participate, the practical reality is that Jason will probably continue to receive requests to enter the meet all the way til Friday, and as a practical matter, we can't continually verify all these athletes and reseed all affected races. There is no principled way to allow some people to miss the deadline and not others. We will discuss the timing of the deadline for next year.

Bill Convey
    FLYRA PRESIDENT
  • Jason Byrne
    Site Admin
    PRO
    jason
    Bump. Keep getting more into tonight.

Deadline is a deadline and we all need to start sticking by them so that people will learn that and stop expecting exceptions.