Every year the Bolles Bulldog Classic attracts the top runners from around the state to compete for one night on one track. This means only one thing; insanely fast times, and this year was no exception. The meet produced over 40 national elite times and over 100 elite times.
- Complete Results & Meet Coverage
- Featured Photo Album by Mike Leary (Over 500 Photos!)
- User uploaded videos
The distance events were labeled as the marquee events of the night and they lived up to that billing. Mackenzie Wilson of Bolles kicked off the event leading the host Bulldogs to a 4x800m relay crown in a new meet record time of 9:27.84. In her first individual event of the day, she won the 1600m in a FL#2 and new personal best time of 5:09.73. Later in the night she won the 3200 in the fifth fastest time this year in Florida. (11:09).
On the boy’s side, the man, the myth, the legend, Sukhi Khosla of Leon had another spectacular performance on the Bolles track. Last year, he went 9:16.72 and went on to win the 3A Cross Country Finals. Khosla started his impressive night with the fastest 1600 meters in the country, going 4:13.02. That is an eleven second personal best from his 4:24 last year! Not to be outdone he came back just a few hours later to compete in the deuce. Khosla lighting up the track under the lights ran away from the field and never looked back clocking a US#2 mark of 11.70.
According to historian Mike Warre, Khosla's performance is the first of the year to crack the Nason Line, a list of Florida's all-time best 3200m and two mile runners.
"This past Friday Sukhi Khosla become the first runner this season to crack the Nason Line (9:22.52) at the Bolles Bulldog Classic. He finished nearly 30 seconds ahead of the next finisher. This is the same race in which Khosla ran his best 3200 meter last year with a 9:16.73. Khosla is not a new member to the Nason Line list, but with this performance Khosla moves from 89th into the Top 50 just ahead of Largo's Chris Palmer. Sukhi now in 49th overall is just sitting behind Bobby Brooks of Northeast HS in St. Pete whom in 1970 was number one on this list. One might think that this would be a school record and at most schools you'd likely be right. However Khosla is just another in a long and impressive group of runners who have represented Leon HS in the past such as current record holder Matt Mizerck, 8:55.75 ranked 6th on the Nason Line List and Herb Wills 8:57.76 a converted 2 mile time, ranks 8th all-time.Khosla has had and will continue to have an impressive running career and is certainly Florida's next likely sub 9:00 3200M runner."
See how it all looked in this user uploaded video by Zac Buchholz!
Rayford James of Robert E. Lee also ran two amazing races on Friday running 4:23.56 in the 1600m and 1:56.42 in the 800m where he edged out Donovan Mundy of Andrew Jackson.
In the sprints FSU signee, Kendal Williams of Stanton Prep cruised to victories in the 100 (10.84) and 200 meter dash (US#11 - 21.48). Te’Aira Singleton of Bartam Trail ran a 14.91 for the 100m hurdles.
The star of the field events was Harry Glasser of Bolles who once again cleared an impressive 16 feet in pole vault. See the clearance here.
Two time state champ Nicole Greene of Ponte Vedra High school also blew her competition out of the water winning the high jump at a height of 5-6.
Host Bolles proved to be too strong winning both the boys and girls team trophies on their home turf.
- 100 Meter Hurdles - Te'Aira Singleton (Bartram Trail HS) 14.91 SB; Jordan Fields (Creekside HS) 15.21; Olivia West (Mandarin HS) 15.80 SB; Nikki Aiosa (St. Johns Country Day School) 15.84 SB;
- 100 Meter Dash - Chelsea Francis (Atlantic Coast HS) 12.40; Kayla Heard (Stanton Prep) 12.42 SB; Tymiah Montgomery (Oak Hall School) 12.49;
- 1,600 Meter Run - Mackenzie Wilson (Bolles HS) 5:09.73 SB; Emily Stallings (Providence School) 5:12.09 SB; Eden Meyer (Providence School) 5:14.37 SB; Ally Hajda (Bolles HS) 5:18.25 SB; Emma Tucker (Columbia HS) 5:21.40 SB; Rachel Shapiro (Bolles HS) 5:21.89 SB; Sloan Sylvan (Providence School) 5:22.13 SB; Jessica Van Cleave (Creekside HS) 5:22.45 SB; Shelby Smith (Holy Trinity Academy) 5:22.48 SB; Kaitlin Rocker (Creekside HS) 5:23.91 SB;
- 200 Meter Dash - Gabrielle Gayles (Holy Trinity Academy) 24.64 SB; Chelsea Francis (Atlantic Coast HS) 25.60 SB; Kayla Heard (Stanton Prep) 25.68 SB;
- 300 Meter Hurdles - Jordan Fields (Creekside HS) 45.88 SB; Grace Damron (Bartram Trail HS) 46.04 SB; Nikki Aiosa (St. Johns Country Day School) 47.07 SB;
- 3,200 Meter Run - Mackenzie Wilson (Bolles HS) 11:09.18 SB; Karen Xiang (Nease HS) 11:11.22 SB; Eden Meyer (Providence School) 11:17.31; Hannah Giangaspro (Bartram Trail HS) 11:27.47 SB;Brittney Olinger (Oak Hall School) 11:30.37 SB; Kayley Delay (Fletcher HS) 11:37.66 SB; Ashton McMurray (Chiles HS) 11:38.13 SB; Colleen Openshaw (Creekside HS) 11:38.83 SB; Maria Isabella Poole (Ponte Vedra HS) 11:43.59 SB; Ashley DeHechavarria (Bolles HS) 11:44.07 SB; Meaghan Slack (Mandarin HS) 11:48.70 SB; Alexandra Wallace (Chiles HS) 11:54.60 SB; Jessica Taylor(Creekside HS) 11:56.16 SB; Talia Carlson (Oak Hall School) 11:57.18 SB;
- 400 Meter Dash - Gabrielle Gayles (Holy Trinity Academy) 55.60 SB; Janaya Chambers (Stanton Prep) 59.09 SB; Jasmine Burkett (Bolles HS) 59.45; Caitlyn Collier (Bolles HS) 59.54 SB; Nicole Greene (Ponte Vedra HS) 59.96 SB;
- 4x100 Meter Relay - Buchholz HS 49.62;
- 4x400 Meter Relay - Stanton Prep 4:01.11;
- 4x800 Meter Relay - Bolles HS 9:27.84; Providence School 9:28.70; Oak Hall School 9:43.20; Creekside HS 10:05.18; Atlantic Coast HS 10:05.22;
- 800 Meter Run - Kayla Thomas (Stanton Prep) 2:20.72 SB; Avery Chatmon (Atlantic Coast HS) 2:23.07 SB; Lily Arnold (Bolles HS) 2:24.48 SB;
- Discus - Angel Alston (Fleming Island HS) 122-4 SB; Sierra Ourada (Buchholz HS) 120-3 SB; Danielle Spence (Bolles HS) 118-0;
- High Jump - Nicole Greene (Ponte Vedra HS) 5-6;
- Long Jump - Daryth Gayles (Holy Trinity Academy) 19-5.5 SB; Brittany Bowald (Atlantic Coast HS) 18-4 SB; Jasmine Maina (Bolles HS) 17-1;
- Pole Vault - Nikki Vandervelde (Episcopal School of Jacksonville) 11-0; Frances Rice (Bolles HS) 10-6; Bailey Ranson (Creekside HS) 10-0 SB; Dallas Hampton (Buchholz HS) 9-0 SB;
- Shot Put - Angel Alston (Fleming Island HS) 37-5.75 SB; Angie Greene (Fleming Island HS) 36-10.5 SB;
- Triple Jump - Brittany Bowald (Atlantic Coast HS) 38-5 SB; Britta Buchanon (Buchholz HS) 35-9 SB;
- 100 Meter Dash - Kendal Williams (Stanton Prep) 10.84 SB; Stanley Dye (Ridgeview HS) 10.92;
- 110 Meter Hurdles - Justin Cromartie (Chiles HS) 14.40 SB; Jemarruse Amos (Raines HS) 14.43 SB;
- 1,600 Meter Run - Sukhi Khosla (Leon HS) 4:13.02 SB; Rayford James (Robert E. Lee HS) 4:23.56 SB; Adam Wallenfelsz (Leon HS) 4:23.68 SB; Avery Bartlett (Chiles HS) 4:23.70 SB; David Yarborough (Bishop Kenny HS) 4:32.20 SB; Wesley Norton (Stanton Prep) 4:32.81 SB; Dalton Hodge (Pedro Menendez High School) 4:33.55 SB;
- 200 Meter Dash - Kendal Williams (Stanton Prep) 21.48 SB;
- 300 Meter Hurdles - Justin Cromartie (Chiles HS) 39.66;
- 3,200 Meter Run - Sukhi Khosla (Leon HS) 9:11.70 SB; Noah Kemp (St. Augustine HS) 9:37.53 SB; John Weaver (Mandarin HS) 9:41.75 SB; Andrew Cacciatore (Holy Trinity Academy) 9:44.61;Cade Zimmerman (Chiles HS) 9:52.40 SB; David Cash Tampa (Creekside HS) 9:53.97 SB; Crisman Jones (Ponte Vedra HS) 9:54.41 SB; Jared Grigas (Chiles HS) 9:54.45 SB; Austin Decker (Bolles HS) 9:58.55 SB;
- 400 Meter Dash - Jontue McDowell (Raines HS) 49.33 SB; Tyrik Stacy (West Port HS) 50.32 SB; Daniel Fisher (Episcopal School of Jacksonville) 50.49 SB;
- 800 Meter Run - Rayford James (Robert E. Lee HS) 1:56.42 SB; Donovon Mundy (Andrew Jackson HS) 1:56.53 SB; Avery Bartlett (Chiles HS) 1:57.25 SB; Ryan Aponte (St. Augustine HS) 1:57.56 SB; Tyrik Stacy (West Port HS) 1:58.71 SB; Pd McCawley (Episcopal School of Jacksonville) 1:59.21 SB; Daniel Welch (Holy Trinity Academy) 1:59.64 SB;
- Discus - Jeremiah Theus (Bolles HS) 150-9; Reid Harris (Bishop Kenny HS) 143-9;
- High Jump - Isaiah Ford (Trinity Christian Academy (Jacksonville)) 6-4;
- Pole Vault - Harry Glasser (Bolles HS) 16-0; David Bell (Bishop Kenny HS) 15-6 SB;
- Shot Put - David May (Fleming Island HS) 54-0.5 SB;
- Triple Jump - Ashton Butler (Unattached, FL) 44-5; Joel Sampson (Ridgeview HS) 44-10.5; Naquan Howard (Buchholz HS) 44-10.25