As we pushed through September and just finished up with a huge flrunners Invitational weekend, let's see how the top teams and individuals from around the state are looking with the new FACA XC State Rankings!
GIRLS STATE RANKINGS
1A Girls Rankings
By Sue O'Malley Father Lopez Catholic High School
Team Rankings: Six Weeks of Racing Season
Commentary: It has been some exciting racing these past six weeks. Coming out strong in their quest to the state meet and embracing the challenges and conquer their dreams are the following teams. Top 15 teams now all have teams have team averages below 23:00! Two new teams: Indian Rock Christian, Shorecrest Prep and St. Joseph Academy move into the top 15. Great competition these past two weeks and the next two weeks will be just as exciting with Pre State meet on October 13th.
Let's keep working on our challenges and conquering our goals and dreams as we enter the tail end half of our 2018 season.
Rank. (Previous Rank) School, Region # = Comments
1. (1) Circle Christian = Defending Champions! 19:57 Has the #2, #9 and #13 ranked runners. This team is going to be hard to beat in the next month! They get faster as the season goes on every year! The Centurions have been a solid and very persistent and consistent team thus far. At Katie Caples (Elite race) the team finished 6th with a solid 20:19 team average and then came back this past weekend and ran a very impressive team average time on the challenging Holloway Park course of 20:34 to finish 9th in the ROC at Flrunners. Let's see this team keep it rolling into the Pre-State meet on 10/13.
2. (2) Oak Hall= Oak Hall=20:53 The Eagles are starting their quest for the podium! Team average keeps dropping every week. Lauren Jones has been a solid #1 runner for this team. The Eagles won the Alligator Lake XC Invitational with a team average of 20:56. Lauren Jones paced the team with her 2nd place finish. This team will be ready to run a solid race at Pre-States in two more weeks!
3. (3) Father Lopez Catholic High School=20:59 The Green Wave team has never had a team average below 21:00 at this point of the season. This is truly turning into a magically season for this team. The team finished 3rd at the Atlantic Sharks Invitational on 9/22 and did not run their full team this past weekend at West Orange taking a bye week with some of the girls to prepare for the upcoming Great American XC Festival in Cary NC.
The Green Wave will finish their regular season trying to take some bounty at the Ameila Island Pirate Invitational on 9/13. To keep the magic going may have to contact the Head of the Horsemen for help.
4. (4) Holy Trinity Academy=21:09.3. Coach Sully is still starring in the movie sequel "Now You See Me". Everyone needs to see Sully now! Sully has the number 1 ranked runner in the state and one of the best in the country! But where are the other horsemen to help him with his magic! They have yet to compete as a full team. The Tigers competed at the Katie Caples Meet and performed well! The tigers will face the G.O.A.T's team this weekend at the Great American Race! Sully is such a copycat. He goes where the G.O.A.T goes to try and Baa! Baa! Her away, but The G.O.A.T will have no part of Sully's magic or his horsemen's not this weekend at least!
5. (4) Canterbury School in Fort Meyers= 21:34.7 The Cougars had a team average of 21:48 at the North Port XC Invitational on 9/22. The team competed in the Invitational division of Flrunners. Jessica Edwards competed in the ROC at Flrunners. The Cougars will compete next this up- coming weekend at the MIA Ray Inivte.
6. (8) Out of Door Academy= 22:18.7 The Thunder stays consistent in the top 10. This team made lots of Thunder at the North Port XC Invitational by winning it. The team was led by Maria Shaw. The team competed in the small school division at the Flrunners Meet this past weekend to finish 6th. The team will compete in the Tri-County Championships on 10/5 and The Palmetto XC Invite on 10/13.
7. (6) Maclay School=Team average 22:21. Maclay team rather quiet these past to weeks. It looks like competed in two smaller meets. Coach Droze is getting this team ready for their post season for sure. The team is scheduled to compete at the Pre State Meet on 10/13.
8. (NR) Indian Rock Christian=22:26 Welcome to the top 10! The Golden Eagles flew at the Big Pirates Invitational this past weekend. They took all of the loot and left the other teams walking the plank! Not sure where the Golden Eagles will land next.
9. (12) Southwest Florida Christian Academy=22:30 Up three spots! The Kings competed at the North Port XC and the invitational race at Flrunners. Can this team make a chess move again and move up? Not sure here the Kings will make their next move.
10. (15) Cardinal Mooney High School=22:32 This team moves up 5 spots to 10th! Must have put a call to the big man upstairs! This team finished 2nd at their first Annual Invite this past weekend. They also competed at the North Port XC Invitational on 9/22. Not sure where this team will be competing maybe at a conclave with the other Cardinals in the area. Watch for this team to possibly move up even higher, another call to the big man upstairs!
11. (7) Bishop Snyder= 22:10.4 The Cardinals team competed at the Katie Caples race on 9/22 and was led by Gianna Forte's awesome race of 18:48. The team competed this past weekend at the Craig Specziale Invitational finished 9th. The Cardinals will host their home meet-Region 2 Preview meet this coming weekend and they were going to have to be on the lookout for that FLCHS team and try to beat their squadron and steal some pirate bounty from FLCHS at Ameila Island. "ARR!" Matey! Let's drink some Gatorade to that! But they will be walking the plank to compete on Friday night 10/12. The Cardinal "Coach Richard" alais The harrier will he walk the plank too?
12. (13) The King's Academy= 22:07 Lions dropped their team average by 20 seconds these past two weeks. The lions finished 10th in the small school division at Flrunners this past weekend. The team was led by Mia Rodriquez who finished 5th overall in the race. The Lions will compete at the Sebastain River shark on 10/13 and the Palm Beach County Championships on 10/18.
13. (NR) St. Joseph Academy= 22:47 From Danny "with great power ( which by the way he thinks he had now in 1A) comes great responsibility (trying to lead his team into the rankings)"
Coach Danny Weed "The Flash" is speeding his team's way into the rankings! The Flashes competed at the Katie Caples Meet on 9/22 and finished 5th in the Varsity race with a team average of 23:13. They competed this past weekend at the Craig Speziale Invitational. Two super villains will collide this weekend at the New World Fall Spectacular Meet. Danny "The Flash" takes on Richard "Cardinal." Will Danny bully his arch rival? Who will prevail? Stay tuned!
14. (NR) Shorecrest Prep=22:40. Welcome to the top 15! Shorecrest prep finished 5th in the small race division at Flrunners this past weekend. Not sure where their team will compete in the next two weeks.
15. (9) Westminster Christian School 22:42.6 Westminster raced on 9/21 at the Pine Ctest XC Invitational. Their team will be competing on 10/13 at the 305 Classic in Miami.
Other teams to watch out for:
Providence, Tampa Bay HEAT, Baker Senior HS, Jupiter Christian, St. John Paul II Academy and Miami Country Day School
Commentary: Here are the individual rankings after six weeks! Two new girls-Katie Beam (First Baptist Academy) and Callie Friske join the top 15! More exciting races these next two weeks especially on 10/13 at the Pre State Invitational! Twelve girls under 20:00! Six girls under 20:00 are all in Region 3. Let's hope for some fall weather as we enter the last part of regular season! Pre-State could bring some newcomers into the rankings! YGG! YOU GO GIRLS!
Rank. (Previous Rank) Name, Grade -- School = Comments
1. (1) Carly McNatt, 8-Holy Trinity =WOW! This young lady is ranked 67th in the nation with her very impressive time of 17:45.7 run on the very competitive and challenging Holloway Park course this past weekend! Carly won both the Flrunners ROC and the elite race at Katie Caples. Carly will compete in the Nike elite race next weekend at the Great American Festival in Cary NC. This will be a preview of what is yet to come for the rest of the season including the Nike national meet in December. Carly is one to keep your radar on!
2. (2) Sinkenesh Parker, 10 -- Circle Christian = 18:32. Sinkenesh ran two strong races these past two weeks with identical times of 18:46.0. Sinkenesh placed 5th in the Elite race at Katie Caples and 10th in the ROC at Flrunners. Watch this young lady and her teammates at the Pre- State Meet in two weeks.
3. (3) Gianna Forte, 12-Bishop Snyder= 18:48.0 another new personal best. Gianna is having a spectacular season! Gianna shaved another 7 seconds off of her PR to finish 10th in the Elite race at Katie Caples with a time of 18:48. Look for her to keep getting faster as we end the regular season soon and begin the post season. Gianna will be racing at Pre-state Meet in two weeks and will go for the win next weekend at their home meet of Region 3 1A Preview meet.
4. (6) Laci Watford, 9-University Christian School 19:03.0=Laci moves up two spots and drops 20 seconds off of her PR to a new PR at Katie Caples of 19:03.0. This freshman has run very strong throughout the season and now let's see what she can do in the last two weeks of the post season! Laci and her team will be racing at the Preview region 3 1A Meet next weekend and Amelia Island on the 13th of October.
5. ( 4) Lauren Jones, 7-Oak Hall=19:10.5. Lauren finished 2nd at the Alligator Lake XC Invitational this past weekend. Look to see and her team at the pre-State Meet on 10/13.
6. (5) Mia Rodriguez, 9-The King's Academy=19:13.8. Mia placed 3rd at the Bobcat Invitational with a time of 19:57.7.She ran a 21:10 at Flrunners this past weekend. Mia and her team will be competing at the Sebastian River Shark Invitational on 10/13.
7. ( 8) Jessica Edward,10-Canterbury School(Fort Meyers)= 19:15.0. Jessica running very consistent and strong these six weeks of the season. Jessica finished 9th at the North Port XC Invitational with her new PR time of 19:15. Jessica continued her 19:00 streak at Flrunners finishing with a time of 19:43. Jessica and her team will compete at Marco Island Meet this upcoming weekend.
8. (NR) Katie Beam, 8-First Baptist Academy=19:24.0 Katie joins the elite 10 this week. Katie finished 11th at the North Port XC Invitational on 9/22 with her new PR of 19:24. Katie won the Cardinal Mooney Invitational this past weekend with a time of 20:47.Not sure where Katie and her team will be racing the next two weeks. Welcome to the top 10!
9. (7) Brooke Mcewen, 11 -- Circle Christian 19:33.8. Brooke ran a 20:39 in the Elite race at Katie Caples on 9/22 and ran 20:04 at the Flrunners ROC this past weekend.
10. (11) Mary Peck, 9-FLCHS=19:35.9 Mary ran a 14 second PR this past weekend at the west Orange Invitational to finish 4th overall. Mary was 3rd at the Sharks Invitational on 9/22. Mary loves to play Ms. Pacman. The Green Wave school record of 19:16 is in danger of being broken by this young lady and Claire McDonnell next weekend at the Great American XC Invitational.
11. (9) Claire McDonnell, 11-FLCHS= 19:46.7 Claire ran her season's best time of 19:46.7(1:03 faster than last season on this course) this past weekend at the West Orange Invitational this past weekend. Claire finished 3rd at the Sharks Invitational on 9/22. Claire has run consistent all season. She is hoping for a break out race next week at the Great American XC in Cary NC.
12. (10) Kempar Reback,12, Jupiter Christian= 19:49.9 Kempar and her teammates must have taken the past two weeks off to train.
13. (12) Archike Parker,10- Circle Christian= 20:07. Archike finished 30th in the Elite race at Katie Caples on 9/22 and ran a 21:02.8 at the Flrunners ROC. Archike and her team will be racing next at the FSU Pre state meet on 10/13.
14. (13) Lauren McGraffic 8-Miami Country Day School=20:11 Lauren finished 3rd at the small school race at Flrunners on 9/28. Her time was 21:08.6. Lauren and her team will race on 10/12 at the 305 Classic.
15. (NR) Callie Friske, 12-Calvary Christian(Clearwater)= 20:11 senior Claire Friske ran a new PR of 20;11 at the Weeki Watchee Invitational 9/29. Not sure where Claire and her team will race the next two weeks.
Other individuals to watch out for:
Mia Taylor (Jupiter Christian), Amber Lopez (St. John Paul II Academy), Audrey Woods (Providence), Emily Horgen (Benjamin School) and Mulunesch Parker (Circle Christian), Zosia Yurkiewcz (Father Lopez), Emma McLaughlin (Tampa Bay HEAT) and Claire Kennedy (Westminster Christian School)
2A Girls Rankings
By: Ryan Raposo, Gulliver Prep / St. Thomas University, firstname.lastname@example.org
Commentary: Most of the top teams stayed the same in the top ten with a flip-flop on the podium positions. Some teams are still racing without full squads and there has not been a lot of change for most of the rankings. Perhaps we'll see more in a couple of weeks if everyone races their full squads at Pre-State.
Rank. (Previous Rank) Team, Region # -- Comments
1. (2) Bolles, R1 #1 -- Won by a near 40 point margin at Katie Caples with a 19:16 team average and a 35s spread. With the way this young team continues to improve they're quickly making their claim for the top spot on the podium this season.
2. (1) Pine Crest, R4 #1 -- Picked up the easy win at their home invite running a 21:11 team average. Still not running a full squad yet, but considering we're halfway through the season they're going to drop in the rankings until the rest of their team gets back on the line.
3. (3) Montverde Academy, R2 #1 -- 20:06 team average to finish 4th at the flrunners ROC which followed their 19:44 team average and 3rd place finish at Katie Caples. Their performances have put them in contention for a podium spot if up against an incomplete PC team.
4. (4) Citrus Park Christian, R3 #1 -- 19:58 team average to finish 2nd at a fast North Port race.
5. (5) Trinity Prep, R2 #2 -- Ran a half squad at Hagerty this week, which followed their Katie Caples performance where they finished 4th with a 20:08 team average.
6. (6) Rockledge, R4 #2 -- 20:31 team average to finish 6th at the flrunners ROC which followed an easy win at the Merritt Island Invitational where they ran a 20:28 team average.
7. (7) St. Brendan, R4 #3 -- Back to back wins at L&P the past two weeks with a 21:30 team average at the Gulliver Invite followed by a 21:29 team average at the Larry Wooten.
8. (8) Calvary Christian Academy, R4 #4 -- Ran a 21:30 team average to win the flrunners Friday varsity division. They keep improving and are looking to move up the rankings.
9. (9) Satellite, R4 #5 -- Ran a 21:29 team average to finish 9th at Katie Caples without their #3, which was followed up by a 21:21 team average and 3rd place finish at Alligator Lake.
10. (10) Titusville, R4 #6 -- Ran a half squad at Merritt Island and followed that up with a 21:39 team average to finish 16th at the flrunners ROC.
11. (11) Bishop Verot, R3 #2 -- Ran a 21:39 team average without their #4 to finish 13th at speedy North Port which was followed by a 23:14 team average and 3rd place finish at flrunners Friday varsity race division, again without their #4.
12. (15) Lake Highland Prep, R2 #3 -- Ran a 22:07 team average without their #3 at Hagerty after running a solid 21:35 team average to finish 10th at Katie Caples.
13. (18) Bishop Kenny, R1 #2 -- Had an amazing performance at their own Katie Caples Invitational as they ran a 21:29 team average to finish 12th. Biggest jump of the rankings!
14. (12) Berkeley Prep, R3 #3 -- Ran a 22:04 team average to finish 4th at Wiregrass Ranch without their #3 and #5, followed up by a 22:15 team average to finish 10th at flrunners Invite without their #4 and #5.
15. (13) Academy of Holy Names, R3 #4 -- Ran a 22:01 team average to finish 3rd at Wiregrass Ranch, followed up by a 21:51 team average to finish 4th at flrunners Invite.
16. (14) Tavares, R2 #4 -- 21:58 team average to finish 9th at the flrunners Invite.
17. (16) Episcopal, R1 #3 -- Ran a 22:13 team average to finish 5th at Craig Speziale Invitational.
18. (20) Nature Coast, R2 #5 -- Ran a 22:18 team average to pick up the win at Weeki Wachee.
19. (17) West Florida Tech, R1 #4 -- Ran a 23:51 team average to finish 18th at TR Miller Challenge without their #2 and #5.
20. (19) Citrus, R2 #6 -- Ran a 22:40 team average to finish 3rd at the Mitchell Invitational, followed up by a 22:59 team average and 19th place finish at flrunners Invite.
21. (21) South Walton, R1 #5 -- Ran a half squad at Gulf Coast Stampede.
22. (22) Frostproof, R3 #5 -- Ran a 22:25 team average to finish 2nd at Ridge Community Invite followed up by a 22:40 team average and 14th place finish at flrunners Invite.
23. (24b) Pensacola Catholic, R1 #6 -- Ran a 22:55 team average to finish 3rd at Katie Caples varsity.
24. (NR) Lely, R3 #6 -- Ran a 23:42 team average to finish 2nd at North Port Small Schools, followed by a 23:23 team average to finish 2nd at Don Bishop.
Dropped from the rankings / be on the lookout:
(23b) McKeel Academy, R3 #7 -- Ran a 23:42 team average to finish 2nd at Colt Bolt.
(23a) Clearwater Central Catholic, R3 #8 -- Ran a 24:38 team average to finish 8th at Mitchell Invitational followed up by a 24:01 team average and 4th place finish at Cardinal Mooney, both races without their #4.
(24a) Wakulla, R1 #7 -- Ran a 23:33 team average to finish 10th at Katie Caples varsity without their #2 and #4, followed up by a 23:58 team average and 3rd place finish at Alligator Lake Green without their #2.
(BOLO) Ransom Everglades, R4 #8 -- 21:46 team average to finish 3rd at the flrunners Invite
(NR) Cardinal Gibbons, R4 #10 -- 22:08 team average to finish 7th at the flrunners Invite
(BOLO) Carrollton, R4 #7 -- 22:08 team average to finish 8th at the flrunners Invite
Commentary: For those athletes who have been IDLE I have shifted them out of the rankings to give other girls an opportunity to move into the rankings. Some small shuffling, but it's the same group of girls for the most part.
Rank. (Previous Rank) Name, Grade -- Team = Times & Comments
1. (1) Tsion Yared, 11 -- Pine Crest = 18:25 for the win at her home Pine Crest Invitational
2. (2) Rebecca Clark, 12 -- The Villages = 18:11 to finish 4th at flrunners ROC
3. (3) Lily Henne, 9 -- Montverde Academy = 18:20 to finished 6th at flrunners ROC
4. (5) Jacqueline Abanses, 10 -- Citrus Park Christian = 18:37 to finish 6th at North Port
5. (6) Kendyl Cardwell, 10 -- Montverde Academy = 19:03 to finish 14th at flrunners ROC
6. (12) Billie Castillo, 11 -- Titusville = 19:07 to finish 17th at flrunners ROC
7. (9) Eleanor Tymorek, 10 -- Saint Andrew's = 18:48 to finish 2nd at the Boca Bobcat
8. (15) Helena Kummings, 11 -- Bolles = 18:58 to finish 8th at Katie Caples
9. (11) Natalie Varela, 11 -- Gulliver Prep = 19:21 to finish 19th at flrunners ROC
10. (16) Audrey McAnally, 11 -- Trinity Prep = 19:02 to finish 9th at Katie Caples
11. (14) Elizabeth Csikai, 8 -- Bolles = 19:12 to finish 12th at Katie Caples
12. (11) Lydia Friedman, 11 -- Citrus Park Christian = 19:16 to finish 10th at North Port
13. (BOLO) Maxine Montoya, 10 -- Bolles = 19:17 to finish 14th at Katie Caples
14. (BOLO) Ella Mickler, 8 -- Bolles = 19 = 19:24 to finish 16th at Katie Caples
15. (7) Emily Faulhaber, 11 -- Pine Crest = 19:51 to finish 2nd at her home Pine Crest Invitational
Other individuals to watch out for:
(4) Mahdere Yared, 10 -- Pine Crest = IDLE; has yet to debut this season
(7) Maya Beleznay, 11 -- Pine Crest = IDLE; has yet to debut this season
(13) Emily Vargas, 11 -- Avon Park = IDLE
(BOLO) Maeve O'Riordan, 12 -- Bolles = 19:33 to finish 17th at Katie Caples
(BOLO) Jillian Candelino, 8 -- Bolles = 19:39 to finish 18th at Katie Caples
(BOLO) Margaret Ward, 12 -- Rockledge = 19:38 for the win at Merritt Island / 19:49 to finish 30th at flrunners ROC
(BOLO) Cristal Gomez, 9 -- Frostproof = 19:49 for the win at Ridge Community
(NR) Andrea Hunt, 9 -- Trinity Prep = 19:46 to finish 21st at Katie Caples
(NR) Moriah Friedman, 9 -- Citrus Park Christian = 19:51 to finish 17th at North Port
(BOLO) Ryleigh Sperry, 9 -- Montverde Academy = 19:53 to finish 23rd at Katie Caples
(BOLO) Catherine Kunz, 10 -- Bolles = 19:59 to finish 25th at Katie Caples
(NR) Madison Monroe, 9 -- Ransom Everglades = 20:00 to finish 2nd at flrunners Invite
(NR) Magnolia Lake, 12 -- Rockledge = 20:04 to finish 2nd at Merritt Island / 20:09 to finish 38th at flrunners ROC
(BOLO) Nicole Matysik, 12 -- Key West = 20:07 for the win at Larry Wooten
(NR) Marie Groppel, 12 -- Satellite = 20:07 to finish 26th at Katie Caples
(NR) Gabriella Rybinksi, 10 -- Frostproof = 20:09 to finish 3rd at Ridge Community
(NR) Skylar Grant, 11 -- West Florida Tech = 20:09 to finish 8th at Gulf Coast
(BOLO) Hayley Barrett, 12 -- Rockledge = 20:11 to finish 4th at Merritt Island
(BOLO) Layne Rivera, 10 -- Bolles = 20:21 at Katie Caples and 20:35 at Alligator Lake
3A Girls Rankings
By: Steve Farnsworth, Lecanto HS, email@example.com
Commentary: Lots of head to head racing in this two-week period, which makes for easier rankings than trying to compare times from different courses. The rankings are now based solely on performances since September 17th to eliminate ranking skew from earlier fast and questionable courses, and to keep the rankings as current as possible. This poll lists the top six teams in each region, plus the next best team as a wild card. Teams that are top-25, but were bumped out by being in a tough region are listed under honorable mention. Team averages are given for reference only and are not the only basis for rankings, and do not follow them completely -- course conditions, head to head competition, and team depth is also considered. Times from known or suspected fast courses have had time added to them, while known slow courses had time deducted. Times from questionable courses were not used when possible.
Rank, (Previous Rank), Team, Region, Team Average/Comments
1. (1) Chiles, 1, 19:48. Although the Timberwolves individually did not post particularly good times, they ran well to take the top team spot in the FLRunners Race of Champions.
2. (2) Creekside, 1, 19:37 (+10). The Knights were second to Bolles at Katie Caples on a possible fast course, but slipped a bit to take fifth in the FLRunners Race of Champions.
3. (4) Naples, 3, 20:46. The Eagles had an off meet at North Port, but came back to take tenth in the FLRunners Race of Champions.
4. (7) Ft. Myers, 3, 20:22 (+30). The Green Wave took third on a fast North Port course and eleventh in the FLRunners Race of Champions.
5. (3) Osceola (Seminole), 3, 20:47. The Warriors were fourth at North Port and 12th at FLRunners ROC.
6. (9) Viera, 4, 21:18. The Hawks claimed third at the Hagerty Invitational against mostly 4A schools.
7. (HM) Niceville, 1, 21:17. The Eagles bounced back nicely with the return of their No. 1 runner and took fifteenth in the FLRunners Race of Champions.
8. (8) Cape Coral, 3, 21:17. The Seahawks were ninth at North Port and eighteenth at FLRunners ROC.
9. (14) St. Augustine, 1, 21:01 (+20). The Yellowjackets finished eighth at Katie Caples and won the Craig Speziale Invite on a fast course.
10. (12) Ponte Vedra, 1, 21:02 (+20). The Sharks took second at their Craig Speziale meet on a fast course.
11. (10) Robinson, 3, 21:24. The Knights claimed seventh at North Port and 19th at FLRunners ROC.
12. (5) Sunlake, 2, 21:27. The Seahawks were second at the Mitchell Invite and 20th at FLRunners ROC.
13. (15) Gulf Breeze, 1, 20:38 (+50). The Dolphins won the J.D. Mac Invite on a questionable course.
14. (23) South Fork, 4, 21:29. The Bulldogs took second at the Merritt Island Invite and have run much better with their No. 1 runner back in action.
15. (6) Charlotte, 3, 21:02 (+30). The Tarpons have struggled in their last two meets, finishing eighth at North Port and 21st at FLRunners ROC.
16. (11) Harmony, 2, 21:19 (+20). The Longhorns won the Ridge Community Invite on a fast course, but ran in the slow Friday race at FLRunners.
17. (NR) Pace, 1, 20:52 (+50). The Patriots have been steadily improving and claim the wild card spot this week.
18. (18) Ocala Vanguard, 2, 22:02. The Knights placed sixth at the Alligator Lake XC Invitational.
19. (NR) Miami Northwestern, 4, 22:23 (-20). The Bulls get back in the rankings with a nice second place finish at the Larry Wooten Invite.
20. (20) Gainesville, 2, 22:10. The Hurricanes finished eighth at the Alligator Lake XC Invitational.
21. (22) West Shore, 4, 22:13. The Wildcats took fourth at the Shark Classic and fifth at West Orange.
22.(17) Matanzas, 2, 22:32 (+10). The Pirates have struggled in their last two meets, placing 16th at Katie Caples and running in the slow Friday race at FLRunners.
23. (21) Land O'Lakes, 2, 22:51. The Gators are barely hanging on to the sixth spot in Region 2.
24. (19) Dillard, 4, 22:54. The Panthers took second in the Pine Crest Invitational.
25. (24) Jensen Beach, 4, 23:15. The Falcons claimed fifth at the Merritt Island Invitational.
Bartram Trail, 1, 21:28 (+20). The Bears were third in the Craig Speziale race and are seconds away from being ranked.
Ft. Walton Beach, 1, 21:48. The Vikings need to give Kambry Smith some more support.
Nease, 1, 21:44 (+20). The Panthers took 19th at Hare and Hounds in North Carolina.
Gulf Coast, 3, 22:29 (-20). The Sharks seem to be alternating good and bad meets, which hurts their ranking prospects.
Leon, 1, NT. The Lions did not run in a competitive race in this ranking period.
Commentary: The last two weeks' times and the course adjustments are being used in the same way as in the team rankings. Two-week season bests are listed, but are not the sole factor in rankings - head to head competition, and consistency in times is also considered.
Rank, (Previous Rank) Name, Grade, Team, 2 Week SB / Comments
1. (1) Valerie Lastra, 11, Mater Academy, 17:45. Placed second in FLRunners Race of Champions behind Carly McNatt.
2. (3) Parker Valby, 11, East Lake, 17:46 (+30). Won North Port Invite on a fast course that is 50% hard surfaces.
3. (7) Claire Openshaw, 11, Creekside, 18:30. Third at Katie Caples, eighth in FLRunners ROC.
4. (6) Natalie Abernathy, 12, Land O'Lakes, 18:42. Finished ninth in FLRunners ROC.
5. (5) Liina Winborn, 11, Sunlake, 18:59. Won Mitchell on a slow course, took 13th in FLRunners ROC.
6. (2) Cheyenne Young, 12, Cape Coral, 19:04. Has struggled a bit in the last two weeks and took fifteenth in FLRunners ROC.
7. (13) Elizabeth Iliff, 10, Creekside, 19:06. Finished seventh at Katie Caples, 16th in FLRunners ROC.
8. (14) Isabella Coogan, 12, Port Charlotte, 19:15. Placed eighteenth in FLRunners Race of Champions.
9. (9) Ani Veltcheva, 9, Gainesville, 19:20. Won Alligator Lake XC Invitational.
10. (17) Taylor Stone, 10, Osceola (Seminole), 19:22. Took 20th in the FLRunners Race of Champions.
11. (11) Alyson Churchill, 11, Chiles, 19:28. Finished 24th in the FLRunners ROC.
12. (12) Estefania Acosta, 12, Land O'Lakes, 19:34. Claimed 25th place in the FLRunners ROC.
13. (NR) Isabella Babilonia, 10, Viera, 19:35. Gets back in the rankings with a nice fourth place finish at the Hagerty Invitational.
14. (18) Kambry Smith, 10, Ft. Walton Beach, 19:37. Won the FLRunners Invitational race in a time that would have placed her 26th in the Race of Champions.
15. (21) Erica Fisher, 12, Pace. 18:49 (+50). Won J.D. Mac Invite on a questionable course.
16. (4) Emily Culley, 12, Chiles, 19:40. Had an off day at FLRunners, placing 26th in Race of Champions.
17. (15) Abby Schrobilgen, 12, Chiles, 19:46. Claimed 28th place in FLRunners ROC.
18. (8) Caitlyn Wilkey, 11, Chiles, 19:47. Also had an off day at FLRunners, taking 29th in the ROC.
19. (23) Morgan Palmer, 12, Palmetto Ridge, 19:52. Finished 33rd in FLRunners Race of Champions.
20. (NR) Nina Burgos, 12, Miami Northwestern, 20:12 (-20). Gets into rankings with a second-place finish at the Larry Wooten Invite on the always tough L&PT course.
21. (22) Blake Petrick, 10, Creekside, 19:42 (+10). Took 19th at Katie Caples, but slipped to 48th in FLRunners ROC.
22. (19) Hannah Spooneybarger, 12, Gulf Breeze, 19:05 (+50). Finished second at the J.D Mac Invite.
23. (NR) Meadow Millett, 10, Mitchell, 20:17 (-20). Gets back in rankings with a second-place finish at the Mitchell Invite sand fest.
24. (16) Josephine Gregory, 11, Pace, 19:17 (+50). Finished third at J.D. Mac Invite on a questionable course.
25. (NR) Hannah Martin, 11, Sunlake, 20:07. Took third at the Merritt Island Invite, 43rd in FLRunners ROC.
On the Bubble:
Sara Schultz, 11, Ft. Myers, 19:41 (+30). Placed twelfth at North Port Invite.
Zoe D'Antonio, 10, Naples, 19:42 (+30). Finished thirteenth at North Port Invite.
4A Girls Rankings
by Paul Opitz, Sarasota Riverview HS, firstname.lastname@example.org
Commentary: The team battle for 1st looks like one for the ages, Just like 2011 when HB Plant won again with 73, Ferguson with coaching wizardry, the guy that wheels everything, 75, and St Thomas Aquinas 77, led by that famous master runner Pat. Basically a 4 way tie for top team, can't do it
Rank. (Previous Rank) Team -- Comments
1a. (4) Lake Brantley = won West Orange 55 pts avg 20:07
1b. (3) Winter Park = 2nd West Orange 58 pts avg 20:36
1c. (5) Winter Springs = won Hagerty Invite 20;24, got 2nd to Lake Brantley by 4 pts at St Cloud, finished behind the W Park at the Horse Park
1d. (1) Newsome = 3rd at FL ROC 20:19 avg. ,led by Scallon and a very strong pack of 2-8 separated by 26 seconds all under 21 on hilly course.
5. (2) HB Plant = won West Hills on not an all out effort, that's 3 races
6. (9) Fleming Island = 5th at Katie Caples avg 20:19, led by Mei Chiang 19:22
7. (6) G Holmes Braddock = 7th FL ROC 240 pts avg 20:32
8. (8) George Jenkins = 8th FL ROC 250 pts avg 20:21
9. (10) Sarasota =
10. (12) Wharton = N/R
11. (15) St. Thomas Aquinas = 13th FL ROC 348 pts 21:01 avg
12. (16) Spanish River = 14th FL ROC 361 pts 21:01 avg
13. (NR) Oveido = 3rd at the West Orange Invite
14. (13) Steinbrenner = N/R
15. (7) OLOL = 17th at FL ROC 399 pts 21;22 avg
Other fast teams:
Lake Minneola, Lakewood Ranch and Spruce Creek
Commentary: I heard Holloway was long about 98 feet. (Raposo note: 92 feet / 28 meters long)
Rank. Name, Grade -- School = Comments
1. (1) Alyssa Hendrix, 11 -- Riverview = still undefeated against 4a girls, maybe she will race against Ashley K at Pre -State. 2nd at North Port 18:03. 3rd at FL Roc 18:04
2. (2) Ashley Klingenberg, 11 -- Lake Brantley = wins West Orange Invite over Cadi Rowe in a close race till the end in 18:41, has won all of her races this year, with a fastest at St Cloud in 18:22. Awesome racing
3. (5) Rylee Pustilink, 11 -- 3rd at North Port 18:18, 5th at FL Roc 18:20
4. (12) Alicia Ruiz, 10 -- George Jenkins = 7th at FL Roc 18:27
5. (7) Cadi Rowe, 12 -- Lake Minneola = 4th at Katie Caples 18:43, 2nd at West Orange 19:03
6. (9) Caroline Lehman, 9 -- Manatee = 5th at North Port 18:30, 11th at FL Roc 18:51
7. (15) Keleigh Scallon, 10 -- Newsome = 12th at FL Roc 18:51
8. (3) Amber Schulz, 9 -- Timber Creek = 2nd at the Shark Invite 18:26, did not race last Sat?
9. (8) Mary Ellen Eudaly, 9 -- HB Plant = won West Hills at one of the Al Lopez Courses
10. (4) Mackenzie Czurak, 11 -- Winter Springs = 3rd at St Cloud 18:56, N/R
11. (6) Elayna Bahr, 11 -- Winter Springs = won the Hag Invite in 19:09
12. (NR) Rebecca Bergnes, 11 -- G. Holmes Braddock = 21st at FL Roc 19:23
13. (13) Anna Senter, 11 -- George Jenkins = 23rd at FL Roc 19:28
14. (10) Pia Beaulieu, 10 -- Boca Raton = 2nd Spanish River, N/R ?
15. Elayna Bahr, 11 -- Winter Springs = 4th at ST Cloud 19:03. N/R ?
16. (11) Chloe Hyde, 12 -- Lake Brantley = 3rd at West Orange 19:15
17. (14) Alexandra Del Re, 11 -- Jupiter = 32nd at FL Roc 19:51
Other fast girls:
Emma Noel 10-Winter Park, Jordan Stevens 12-Lake Brantley. Caroline Wells 09 -Winter Springs, Jordan Shapiro 11 -Miami Palmetto. Isabella Jester 12-sarasota, Mya Bodrato 10- Lake Mary, Mei Chiang 10- Fleming Island
BOYS STATE RANKINGS
1A Boys Rankings
by 1A Pollster, Ghost Writer HS -- email@example.com
Rank. (Previous Rank) Team -- Comments
1. (1) Mount Dora Christian Academy - Nothing changes at the very Top. The team race appears for 2nd. Gabriel Curtis ran another PR (15:28) at the "Chile Pepper" in Arkansas - team average is down to 16:55
2. (NR) Admiral Farragut -- This team came out of nowhere to win the "Big Pirate" invite in St. Pete, with a team average of 17:41. Nice 1-2 punch in Alex Fiorillo and Philip Henderson
3. (2) Seffner Christian -- Placed 19th in the ridiculously competitive FL Runners race of champions. Need to tighten up 5th man.
4. (3) The King's Academy -- Last team in the State with a "sub-18:00" average (17:59) -- Took 2nd in "the people's race" Friday afternoon at FL Runners (without their #4 and #5)
5. (NR) Pensacola Christian -- Had a sterling morning at the JD Mac Invite -- winning and defeating Crestview -- Every boy in the top 5 ran a season-best with an 18:07 average and a 1:44 split
6. (NR) Indian Rocks -- Average of 18:17 and a very solid split of 1:18 -- finished a close 2nd to Admiral Farragut at Big Pirate -- every boy in Top 5 ran a season best
7. (6) Oak Hall -- Oak Hall -- Giving them the slight nod over The Benjamin School this week -- placed 9th in a stacked field in the Invitational Division of Alligator Lake
8. (5) Benjamin School -- Placed 2nd in the Tommy Lacayo Invite Monday -- times were slow but it was hot !
9. (8) Marco Island - Team running well but still with a 5th man problem -- (1:26 between #4 and #5) -- if this closes to about 30 seconds, team rank would probably shoot from 9th to 4th
10. (10) Bishop Snyder -- Very impressive split of 54 seconds between 1-5 (18:01-18:55) -- If they can get Top 2 closer to 17:00, this could be a Top 5 team at State. Compete onhome turf at New World this Saturday.
11. (NR) St Joseph's Academy -- Coach Weed already making his presence known -- moving him up a little higher than his "paper ranking" due to some insider information -- tune in at New World on Saturday !
12. (7) Providence -- This team has been "in hiding" -- but I predict a big showing and bump up in ranking after this weekend at New World
13. (NR) St. Johns Country Day -- Excellent 1-2 punch in Ben Kailes and Matthew Stratton (16:30-16:46) -- watch for "Coach Birm" 3-5 to improve dramatically next few weeks -- St. Johns will also compete at New World this Saturday.
14. (NR) Father Lopez - If Sue O'Malley will work a little harder on coaching and a little less on her "stand-up comedy routine" this could be a Top 10 team ! (In all seriousness, I love you Sue) -- this team has a solid 3 … if they can get 4 and 5 in the "18:30s" -- this could be a Top 5 team
15. (9) Circle Christian - Tight pack with a 18:40 average and a 1:30 split -- It's very tight in 1A this year, as a 40 second improvement per man separates #4 team from #15
5 other teams to watch for:
Trinity Christian (Jacksonville)
The Pine School
Southwest Florida Christian Academy
Commentary: BIG SHAKE UP THIS WEEK -- WITH 5 NEW BOYS IN THE TOP 10 !
Rank (Previous Rank) - Name, Grade -- School - Comments
1. (1) Gabriel Curtis - 12 - Mount Dora - hands-down #1 after his 15:28 at Chile Pepper in Arkansas -- A minute ahead of #2
2. (4) Ted Twyman - 12 - The Benjamin School -- Threw down a solid 16:28 PR at The Boca Bobcat on September 22nd !
3. (NR) Ben Kailes - 12 - St. Johns Country Day -- Very impressive 16:30 PR at The Craig Speziale Invitational this weekend at Ponte Vedra
4. (2) Joseph Anderton - 11 - South Florida HEAT - Has run 16:33 twice this season (Park Vista and Spanish River)
5. (6) Jackson Pruim - 12 - Mount Dora -- Ran a very solid 16:33 at Chile Pepper and followed that up with a
6. (3) Austin Montini - 10 - Oak Hall -- 3 times between 16:37 and 16:51 this year -- placed 8th at Bale and Trail against a very tough field
7. (NR) Alez Fiorillo - 12 - Admiral Farragut -- Busts into the ranking on a strong 16:39 this weekend
8. (NR) Matthew Stratton - 9 - St. Johns Country Day - Another newcomer to the rankings with an outstanding 16:46 PR this weekend at Craig Speziale
9. (NR) Bryson Yamnitz - 12 - Lakeland Christian Another newcomer running 16:48 this weekend
10. (NR) Derek Oare - 12 - Keswick Christian - 16:52
The other 5 that have broken 17:00 this season:
11. Cameron Dunn - 11 - The King's Academy - 16:53
12. John McKenzie - 11 - Seffner Christian - 16:56
13. Philip Henderson - 11 - Admiral Farragut - 16:58
14. Xander Peacock - 11 - Blountstown HS - 16:58
15. Jonathan Pitchford - 10 - Marathon HS - 16:59
2A Boys Rankings
By: Carlos Maymi, St. Brendan / St. Thomas University, firstname.lastname@example.org
Rank. (Previous Rank) Team- Comments
1. (1) Bolles HS- the best team by far in the whole state, winning Katie Caples Invitational with an impressive score of 33 points, and 4 runners in the top 10 of the meet. Did not run Their "A" team Alligator Lake XC Invitational.
2. (2) Satellite High School- with another impressive run at Katie Caples Invitational. Second place with their fastest team average of the season 16:36. They will need their 4th and 5th runner to step up if they want to give Bolles a run for their money. Also won Alligator Lake XC Invitational beating Bolles "B" team.
3. (3) Bishop Kenny - The host of the Katie Caples meet strike again with 40 second split between their 1-5. Solid back pack for this team
4. (4) Lake Highland Prep - At Katie Caples they ran a sub 30s split and just 1 second average off Bishop Kenny as well as their 6th runner being just a few seconds away from their 5th. In addition they won Hagerty Invitational. I think this team might be contenders for the podium in November.
5. (6) Lakes Wales - Great run by their top 2 at Katie Caples and solid win at
Don Bishop Invitational.
6. (NR) Fernandina Beach - After last week not running, they came out strong to win Alligator Lake XC Invitational Varsity Boys Green division with 4 of their best runners in the top 5.
7. (12) Cocoa Beach- solid win at Merritt Island XC Invite. Third place at Hagerty Invitational beating many teams in 2a making them climb an impressive 5 places in the rankings. They will need their 4 and 5th runner to step up if they wish to continue climbing
8. (5) Astronaut - Solid win at Shark classic. Not their best performance at Hagerty Invitational, getting beat by a few teams in their division.
9. (NR) Bishop Moore - Good run at West Orange Invitational with a very solid middle pack.
10. (NR) Trinity Prep - good run at Katie Caples Invitational. Best performance of the season thus far.
11. (7) Ransom Everglades School - Won Gulliver / Run for the Stars Invitational. Solid run at Flrunners Invitational.
12. (10) LaBelle - Not their best race of the season with a very fast field.
13. (8) Pine Crest- second place at their home meet.
14. (NR) Rockledge - Great run by their lead runner at Flrunners Invitational
15. (NR) Gulf - 5th place at Mitchell Invitational and won Weeki Wachee Invitational.
Dropped from rankings:
(9) Key West
(15) Port Orange
Rank. (Previous Rank) Name, Team
1. (1) Charles Hicks, Bolles
2. (3) Chase Rivera, Bolles
3. (4) Gabriel Montague, Satellite
4. (2) Benjamin Foltz, Bolles
5. (5) Troy Smith, Rockledge
6. (6) John Sorensen, Fernandina Beach
7. (11) Justin Wilson, Satellite
8. (8) Jacob Hensley, Citrus
9. (10)Alexander Hastings, Bolles
10. (NR) Josh Kraver, Edgewood
11. (12) Gaven O'brien, Astronaut
12. (13) John Jessup, Gulf HS
13. (NR) Matthew Cummings, Cocoa Beach HS
14. (7) Robert Pedroza, Key West
15. (NR) Christopher Wilhelm, Trinity Prep
Other to watch out for:
Jacob Ossi, Bishop Kenny
Owen Allen, Key West
William Brady, Bolles
3A Boys Rankings
4A Boys Rankings as of 10/2/18
by 4A Pollster - email@example.com
Commentary: Every time I rank either Steinbrenner or Sarasota at number 2, they have another stellar performance to retake the top spot. This time it was Sarasota running wild at North Port and finishing a close 2nd to Belen to regain the top spot. Tried to take into account as much heat-to-head results as I could find.
Rank. (Previous Rank) School, Region # = Top 5 avg. s.b. / Recent Finish(es)
1. (2) Sarasota HS, R2 = 16:22 / 2nd @ Northport
2. (1) Steinbrenner HS, R2 = 16:51 / "B" Team 2nd @ W. Hills
3. (3) Oviedo HS, R1 = 16:50 / 1st Place @ West Orange (Mamush is back)
4. (4) Windermere, R1 = 16:55 / 1st @ Darter & 5th @ Flrunners
5. (6) Plant, R2 = 17:18 / 1st @ W. Hills.
6. (7) Newsome, R2 = 17:13 / 7th @ Flrunners
7. (8) Wharton, R2 = 17:03 / 4th @ North Port
8. (9) Fleming Island, R1 = 17:23 / 2nd @ Speziale
9. (11) St. Thomas Aquinas, R3 = 17:02 / 10th @ Flrunners
10. (10) Columbus, R4 = 17:30 / & 11th @ Flrunners
11. (12) Coral Park, R4 = 17:31 / & 13th @ Flrunners
12. (5) Spanish River, R3 = 17:10 / 6th @ North Port & 22nd @ Flrunners
13. (14) Lake Mary, R1 = 17:31 / 2nd @ Hagerty
14. (NR) West Orange, R1 = 17:14 / 3rd @ Darter & 2nd @ W. Orange
15. (15) Olympia, R1 = 17:33 / 2nd @ Darter & 3rd @ W. Orange
Other teams to watch for:
(13) Buchholz, R1 = 17:36 / 5th @ Alligator Lake
(NR) St. Cloud, R1 = 17:35 / 1st @ Friday FLR w/out Cloud
Commentary: Tried to take into account as much
heat-to-head results as I could find.
Rank. (Previous Rank) Name, Grade -- School = Season Best / Recent Race
1. (4) Ben Hartvigsen, 12 -- Sarasota HS = 15:31 / (1st @ N. Port)
2. (2) Angel Vicioso, 12, - Oviedo HS = 15:59 / (1st @ W. Orange)
3. (3) Aidan Breslin, 11 - St. Thomas Aquinas HS = 15:53 / (5t @ FLR-ROC)
4. (5) Michael Fiore, 10 - Ft. Lauderdale HS = 16:15 / (6th @ FLR-ROC)
5. (1) Jonathan Reid, 12 - Lakewood Ranch HS = 15:58 / (7th @ FLR-ROC)
6. (6) Kayamo Galloway, 11 - Oviedo HS = 16:13 / (2nd @ W. Orange)
7. (NR) Alan Romero, 12 - Sarasota HS = 16:16 / (8th @ N. Port)
8. (8) Nehemiah Rivers, 12 - Wharton HS = 16:21 / (12th @ N. Port)
9. (7) Brady Zimmerman, 12 - George Jenkins HS = 16:22 / (12th @ FLR-ROC)
10. (12) Yonas Sauers, 11 - Alonso HS = 16:32 / (1st @ W. Hills)
11. (13) Davis Bly, 12 - Steinbrenner HS = 16:27 / (9th @ B3R)
12. (15) Dominic Acosta, 11 - Newsome HS = 16:37 / (14th @ FLR-ROC)
13. (9) Zachary Cloud, 11 - St. Cloud HS = 16:23 / (15th @ FLR-ROC)
14. (10) Caden Monk, 12 - Bucholz HS = 16:27 / (4th @ Alligator Lake)
15. (NR) Onix Ortiz, 11 - Windermere HS - 16:21 / (19th FLR-ROC)
Other individuals to watch:
(14) Nick Miller 12 - West Orange HS - 16:25 / (3rd @ W. Orange)
(NR) Trent Shackleford, 12 - Lake Brantley - 16:25 / (3rd @ Hagerty)
(11) Isaias De La Puente, 12 -- Forrest Hill HS = 16:31 / (16th Fri. FLR)
(NR) Ryan Guendjoian, 11 - Sarasota HS = 16:32 / (15th @ N. Port)
- Please remember that all of these rankings are done by volunteer coaches and are meant to increase the overall enjoyment of the sport for athletes, coaches, parents, and fans. They are just for fun and should not have a lot of weight put on them. But if you have issues (such as a missed athlete or team), please email the individual pollster for your classification & gender.
- Please direct any major concerns to Flrunners Power User / FACA Rankings Representative: Ryan Raposo @ firstname.lastname@example.org