*Updated* to include 3A Boys
The first two weeks of October have been a wild ride for the state of Florida Cross Country between Hurricane Michael, the cancelled Pre-State meet, and many schools trying to scramble and find replacement meets. There has been a consensus among the FACA staff which acknowledges that there were many suspect and/or short and/or arguable road race courses from the past couple of weeks. While in years past I would have reclassified these competitions in the database. At this time, Adair Lyden, FLRunners Webmaster, will take into account coaches' experience on the course as well as look at the stats with the MileSplit national stats team before any changes are made.
All of that being said, please note that the pollsters have adjusted and/or addressed these issues in their respective rankings and I implore our readers, as always, to...
"Please remember that all of these rankings are done by volunteer coaches and are meant to increase the overall enjoyment of the sport for athletes, coaches, parents, and fans. They are just for fun and should not have a lot of weight put on them. But if you have issues (such as a missed athlete or team), please email the individual pollster for your classification & gender."
So I please ask that no one take any offense relating toward statements of courses being legitimate or not because there will be many opinions floating around for many races over the past couple of weeks.
And to that extent I feel the need to link many articles which have been created over the last 6-8 years, after many previous years of debating, which specifically address the issues of short courses. To pretend short courses are legitimate will do nothing but hurt our student-athletes and take our sport in a backwards direction. So please read up on some or all of these articles for those of you who have not in the past or if you haven't read them in a few years. And finally, please direct at specific issues toward me directly so I can address them.
-Coach Ryan Raposo, firstname.lastname@example.org
Flrunners Power User, FACA Rankings Representative, FACA Senior All-Star Selection Coordinator
Articles relating to Short Courses:
- Raposo Rant: Coaching Headaches & Course Measurement
- GPS: The Shortest Distance Between Two Points is NOT a Straight Line
- Short Course? The Truth Above Fast vs. Short
- Best Practices for Cross Country Course Measurement
GIRLS STATE RANKINGS
1A Girls Rankings
By Sue O'Malley Father Lopez Catholic High School
Team Rankings: End of the Racing Season
Commentary: It has been one eXCiting season! Nice to see new faces in the mix this season. Prayers do go out to our teams in the Panhandle region for their recovery from the aftermath of Hurricane Michael. All of the teams were hoping to go head to head at the Pre-state meet which ended up being cancelled due to Hurricane Michael. So now for all of these teams districts and region will be the first time they compete against each other before the state meet. District 4 (Providence, Bishop Snyder and St. Joseph's Academy) looks to be the most exciting one with three teams within 15 points of each other. District 9 will be the #1 and # 3 ranked teams going head to head. Best wishes to all the teams as we enter our post season. Let's all PUSH (Persist Until Success Happens). We all started this season as teams lets end as one large family!
See everyone on the course!
Rank. (Previous Rank) School, Region # = Comments
1. (1) Circle Christian = Defending Champions! 19:54 Has the #2, #12 and #15 ranked runners. This team is going to be hard to beat in the next month! They get faster as the season goes on every year! The Centurions have been a solid and persistent team thus far. This team is well coached and knows how to taper for the big stage! The Centurions ran at the Last Chance Meet this past weekend with a team average of 19:59. Their team average has been in the 19:00's all season long and with post season will bring that average down even more! This team is ready to take a second straight title!
2 (2) Oak Hall= Oak Hall=20:06 The Eagles are starting their quest for the podium! Team average keeps dropping every week. This team knows how to get it done and when to get it done. The Eagles won the Bobcat Invitational on a very fast course and won the Plaza Tri Meet this past weekend. The Eagles will repeat again as district 5 champions. The Eagles will then take flight to continue their podium quest.
3. (3) Father Lopez Catholic High School=20:26 The Green Wave team dropped their team average another 30 seconds! The team travelled to the Great American Race in Cary on October 6th. What a meet they had. The team ran in the Blue race finished 8th with freshman Mary Peck finishing second with a time of 18:53 then her teammate Claire McDonnell finishing 5th in the race with a new PR of 19:02. The team then won their last Invitational of the season at the Pirate Invitational this weekend with Mary winning the race and Claire finishing 4th. The team is young at the back in for now but the number 4 and 5 runners are slowing getting faster. The Green Wave will have their hands full when they go head to head with Circle Christian at the District 9 Championships. Coach O'Malley would love to win on their home course.
4. (4) Holy Trinity Academy=20:50. Coach Sully's team keeps making the moves. Team averaged has a 20 second drop. He team competed at the Great American race in Cary and the Last chance Meet this past weekend. The Tigers will easily defend their District title.
5. (5) Canterbury School in Fort Meyers= 21:34.7 The Cougars won the MIA Ray's Meet on October 6th. The Cougars will defend their district 8 title for sure with Jessica Edwards leading the way.
6. (12) The King's Academy= 21:5.9 Lions dropped their team average by over a minute and dropped their rankings by 6! The Lions are certainly roaring. Mia Rodriguez helped the Lions place 3rd at the Sebastian River Shark Invitational this past weekend. The Lions will definitely be the favorite again at the District 13 Championships.
7. (11) Bishop Snyder= 21:24.5 The Cardinals team move up 4 spots and drop their team average by almost a minute! The Cardinals placed 3rd at their home meet the New World Spectacular Invitational on October 6th. The team competed this past weekend at the Pirate Invitational. Coach Richard had his team in the pool Friday night practicing their swimming. And good thing he did! The Green Wave team pushed them off of their ship and scuttled them. They were without their #1, #3 and #4. But the team was able to swim back to shore to prepare for a huge showdown in District 4. The Cardinals have never won a district title. Could this be the year they dethrone the Stallions! My bet is on this team because us Catholics have to stick together and we have the man upstairs watching over us. Sorry Coach Danny maybe next year for you after you get help from Wonder Woman!
8. (6) Out of Door Academy= 21:49.7 The Thunder stays consistent in the top 10. The team finished 3rd at the Palmetto XC Invitational on October 6th. The thunder fished 3rd overall in the Tri-County Championships. They are the favorite for the District 7 Championships but will have Shorecrest Prep on their heels.
9. (NR) Providence School=21:59 The Stallions enter the rankings for the first time since the pre-rankings! This team definitely don't count them out! This is a well -coached and very balanced team. Providence placed 7th at the New World Fall Spectacular Meet on October 6th led by senior Audrey Woods 4th place finish. The Stallions have won at least 8 district titles in the past 10 years and will try and keep their streak alive in the District 4 Championships! Fifteen points separate three teams-Providence, Bishop Snyder and St. Joseph's Academy. What a district meet this will be!
10. (13) St. Joseph Academy=22:21 The team Flash drops their team average and moves up 3 spots in the rankings. The team finished 6th at the New Word fall spectacular meet on October 6th and competed last weekend at the Last Chance Invitational. Coach Weed will take on supervillain "The Cardinal" Coach Richard at the district 4 Championships. This district will be one of the most competitive with three teams battling it out to district champions. Coach Weed has done a super job with this team and moving from a 3A coach to a 1A coach. He still needs to work on his super powers and will get his post season advice from Wonder Woman. Got to keep it in the DC Family!
11. (14) Shorecrest Prep=22:08. Shorecrest Prep seems to be peaking at the right time. The team moves up 4 spots into the top 10! The team took 2nd at the St. Petersburg Championships on October 6th. This team will be battle it out with Out Of Door Academy for the District 7 title. Shorecrest finished 3rd last season at their district meet.
12. (7) Maclay School=Team average 22:21 don't count this team out. This is definitely a post season team. Hopefully their campus and their team members were safe during Hurricane Michael and getting back to normal. Coach Droze probably has kept this team positive and upbeat and had them training hard as he takes them into their post season. This team has had its ups and downs but nothing stops them from succeeding. Another District 3 title should be Maclay's.
13. (9) Southwest Florida Christian Academy=22:19.1 The Kings competed at the Lely Trojan Invitational and had a team average of 22:40. The Kings will have to make some strategic moves in order to take the District 8 title away from the Canterbury School.
14 (8) Indian Rock Christian=22:26 IRC won the Big Pirate Invitational this past weekend with a team average of 22:49.The Golden Eagles will be the favorite to win their District 6 meet. The Golden Eagles finished 3rd last season behind Citrus Park who now is 2A and Tampa Bay HEAT.
15. (NR) P.K. Yonge School=20:15 The Blue Wave team enters the top 15 for the first time this season! The Blue wave came crashing ashore at the Bobcat Classic on October 6th with their team average of 22:15. The Blue wave also finished 2nd this past weekend at the Leslie Baker invitational/ P.K. Yonge looks strong to finish 2nd to Oak Hall at the District 5 meet.
Other teams to watch out for:
Cardinal Mooney, Miami Country Day School, Tampa Bat HEAT, Westminster Christian School and St. Johns Country Day School
Commentary: YGG! You Go Girl! Top 15 girls this rankings are sub 20:00! This post season looks like it is going to very eXCiting! New to the top 15 this rankings is Emma McLaughlin from Tampa Bay HEAT and Archike Parker form Circle Christian. Now CC has three girls back in the top 15! Father Lopez has 2 girls in the top 7! There will be some head to head competition in the upcoming district meets in another week!
These top girls along with their teams have put the work in throughout the regular season. Now it's time for their ponytails to be their crowns, their sweat their magic, their uniforms their ball gowns, their team is their family, their running shoes are their glass slippers and their course is their castle!
Best wishes to all these girls and their team mates as we enter the post season!
Rank. (Previous Rank) Name, Grade -- School = Comments
1. (1) Carly McNatt, 8-Holy Trinity =This girl is fearless!! This young lady is now ranked 33rd in the nation with her very impressive time of 17:24.1(New PR) run on the very competitive Last Chance course this past weekend! Carly moves up 34 spots national and has the second best time in the state for all classes! Carly finished 2nd this past weekend to Pine Crest Tsion Yared. Carly and her team travelled October 6th to the Great American race in Cary NC and finished 3rd with a time of 17:35.4. Carly will be the favorite in District 11, Region 3 and the State favorite for sure!
2. (2) Sinkenesh Parker, 10 -- Circle Christian = 18:27.8 New PR. Sinkenesh ran another strong race this past weekend at the last Chance placing 8th and running her new PR of 18:27.8. Sinkenesh will be the favorite for the District 9 Meet, which should be a very Exciting race! Sinkenesh won the district title last season. Sinkenesh has finished no worse than 10th place all season long!
3. ( 5) Lauren Jones, 7-Oak Hall=18:20 new PR. Lauren finished 3rd at the Bobcat invitational on October 6th. Lauren ran a 19:27 at the alligator Lake XC Invitational on 9/29. Her worst place finish was 8th place this season.Lauren will be the favorite to win District 9 Championship.
4. (3) Gianna Forte, 12-Bishop Snyder= 18:37.0 another new personal best. Gianna is having an amazing season! Gianna's 18:37 came at the New World Fall spectacular Meet on September 29th where placed 2nd. Sixth place is her worst place finish all season! She is one of my favorites to battle for the runner-up spot at the state meet! Gianna has dropped her time than 2 minutes from her 53rd place finish at the state meet last season with a 20:52. Gianna finished 10th last season at the District 4 Meet. My money is on her to go out in style and win a district title her senior year!
5. (10) Mary Peck,9-FLCHS=18:53.1 New PR Mary jumps up 5 spots form the last rankings! Mary finished 2nd in the Blue Invitational Race at great American on October 6th. She broke a 6 year old record too that day. Mary went head to head with Laci Watford from University Christian this past weekend to win her first XC meet ever at the Amelia Island Pirate Invitational. Mary's worst finish all season has been 11th! This young lady is certainly a dark horse come states time! Mary will have strong competition in District 9 with the CC team.
6. (4) Laci Watford, 9-University Christian School 18:40.8 New PR=Laci finished 2nd at the New World Spectacular XC Met on October 6th to set her new PR time of 18:40.8. Laci finished second this past weekend at the Amelia Island Pirate Invitational. Laci will try to improve on her 6th place finish last season in the Distrcit 4 Meet.
7. (11) Claire McDonnell, 11-FLCHS= 19:02.1 New PR Claire jumps up 4 spots in the rankings. Claire finished 5th at the Great American XC Festival to run her new PR. She placed 4th at the Amelia Island pirate Invitational this past weekend. Claire finished 3rd last season in the District 9 Meet and hopes to improve on that finish in a very competitive district.
8. (NR) Audrey Woods,12-Providence=19:10.0 Audrey makes her first appearance in the rankings this season. This young lady is a true competitor and she is starting to get into stride for the post season. Audrey ran her PR at the New World Spectacular Meet to finish 4 overall. Audrey will go ahead to had with Gioanna Forte (Bishop Snyder) at the District 4 Meet. Audrey returns at the district champion. Two well accomplished xc athletes will be exciting to watch at the district 4 meet.
9. (9) Mia Rodriguez, 9-The King's Academy=19:13.8. Mia placed 2nd at the Sebastian River Sharks Invitational on October 6th with a time of 19:19.3. Mia finished as district runner-up last season in District 13. Let's see if she can be a district champion this season!
10. (10) Jessica Edward,10-Canterbury School(Fort Meyers)= 19:15.0. Jessica ran a 19L33.2 at the Vikings XC Invitational. Jessica will try to become the district champion in District 8 Meet. Jessica finished 2nd last season and should be the favorite this season to win the title.
11. (8) Katie Beam,8-First Baptist Academy=19:24. Katie won the MIA Ray Invitational on October 6th. Katie finished 4th last season at the district 8 Meet. Katie will be battling for the district title with Jessica Edwards.
12. (9) Brooke Mcewen, 11 -- Circle Christian 19:33.8. Brooks has been solid 2nd runner for Circle Christian all season. Brooke competed in the Last Chance meet this past weekend. Brooke was district runner up in District 9 last season.
13. (NR) Emma McLaughlin,12-Tampa Bay HEAT=19:47 New PR Emma set her new PR of 19:47 on October 6th a the Land O'Lakes Gator Invite. Emma finished 8th overall. Emma will be one of the favorites if not the favorite in District 6 meet. Emma finished 5th last season in the district meet.
14. (12) ) Kempar Reback,12, Jupiter Christian= 19:49.9 Kempar has not raced I believe since September 15th. Hopefully she not imjuried and gearing herself up for the post season.
15. (13) Archike Parker,10-Circle Christian= 19:59.6 New PR. Archike has been so close in races of breaking the 20:00 barrier and finally did it a the last Chance Meet this past weekend. Archike finished 5th last season in the District 9 Championships and will try to improve on that finish.
Other individuals to watch out for:
Sarah Bayer(Lakeland Christian), Jessica Boyanich(The King's academy), Sydney Miller (Oak Hall), Callie Friske (Calvary Christian Clearater) and Zosia Yurkiewcz ( Father Lopez) and Lauren McGraffic (Miami Country Day School)
2A Girls Rankings
By: Ryan Raposo, Gulliver Prep / St. Thomas University, email@example.com
Commentary: Because of the litany of improperly measured and surfaced courses, as addressed at the beginning of this article, I did not over analyze the performances or manipulate many of the rankings unless there were head-to-head races or significantly noticeable team improvements. This will all be sorted in a couple of weeks once we get in to the State Series anyhow.
Rank. (Previous Rank) Team, Region # - Comments
1. (1) Bolles, R1 #1 - Ran a 19:29 team average at New World Fall Spectacular for the easy win without their #5, and also ran a 4k course in Manhattan against some time national competition to finish 7th with a team average of 15:49. They're still looking like the team to beat by a slim margin; depth always helps too.
2. (2) Pine Crest, R4 #1 - Finished 9th at Great American ROC with a 19:04 team average and won the Last Chance with a 19:00 team average. Right in the mix with Bolles, but they don't have the same depth this season. We'll see what team gets on the line come the District Championship.
3. (3) Montverde Academy, R2 #1 - Finished 2nd at Last Chance with a team average of 19:28.
4. (4) Citrus Park Christian, R3 #1 - Finished 3rd at the Hillsborough County meet with a team average of 20:32 and also finished 11th at Last Chance without their #4 or #5 and ran a team average of 20:08.
5. (5) Trinity Prep, R2 #2 - Finished 6th at Last Chance with a team average of 20:05.
6. (6) Rockledge, R4 #2 - Won the Windermere Invite with a team average of 20:06 and then won the Sebastian River Invite with a team average of 19:46.
7. (10) Titusville, R4 #3 - Finished 9th at Last Chance without their #5 and ran a team average of 20:14.
8. (7) St. Brendan, R4 #4 - Finished 12th at Last Chance with a team average of 20:30.
9. (9) Satellite, R4 #5 - Finished 2nd at Great American Varsity Red with a team average of 20:40.
10. (8) Calvary Christian Academy, R4 #6 - Won MCD Fast Times without their #1 and #3 with a team average of 21:50.
11. (11) Bishop Verot, R3 #2 - Finished 3rd at Viking Invite without their #1 and #4 with a team average of 21:59.
12. (12) Lake Highland Prep, R2 #3 - Finished 21st at Last Chance without their #2 and ran a team average of 22:06.
13. (13) Bishop Kenny, R1 #2 - Finished 9th at Great American Varsity Red with a team average of 21:44.
14. (14) Berkeley Prep, R3 #3 - Finished 7th at the Hillsborough County meet with a team average of 22:16.
15. (15) Academy of Holy Names, R3 #4 - Finished 8th at the Hillsborough County meet with a team average of 22:16 and also won Dunedin Invite with a team average of 20:52.
16. (16) Tavares, R2 #4 - Finished 4th at Disney Jasmine race with a team average of 22:06 and then finished 4th at Last Chance Varsity race with a team average of 21:35.
17. (20) Citrus, R2 #5 - Finished 6th at Land O' Lakes without their #2 and ran a team average of 22:55 and won the Hernando/Citrus Invite with a team average of 21:30.
18. (17) Episcopal, R1 #3 - Did not run a full legit varsity race.
19. (18) Nature Coast, R2 #6 - Finished 7th at Land O' Lakes without their #2 and #5 and ran a team average of 23:42 and also finished 2nd at Hernando/Citrus Classic without their #5 and ran a team average of 22:16.
20. (19) West Florida Tech, R1 #4 - Finished 2nd at Faith Academy in Alabama with a team average of 21:58.
21. (21) South Walton, R1 #5 - Finished 4th at New World Fall Spectacular with a team average of 21:38.
22. (22) Frostproof, R3 #5 - Finished 2nd at Polk County with a team average of 22:11.
23. (23) Pensacola Catholic, R1 #6 - Did not run a full legit varsity race.
24. (24) Lely, R3 #6 - Finished 8th at their home meet with a team average of 23:05.
Commentary: Same as with the team rankings, I did not make a lot of noticeable changes; too many incorrect and suspect courses this week. Be wary of the many "PRs" this week everyone.
Rank. (Previous Rank) Name, Grade - Team = Times & Comments
1. (1) Tsion Yared, 11 - Pine Crest = 17:20 to win Last Chance, also 17:39 to finish 4th at Great American
2. (2) Rebecca Clark, 12 - The Villages = 17:28 to finish 3rd at Last Chance
3. (3) Lily Henne, 9 - Montverde Academy = 18:02 to finish 4th at Last Chance
4. (15) Emily Faulhaber, 11 - Pine Crest = 18:15 to finish 6th at Last Chance, also 18:08 to finish 13th at Great American
5. (4) Jacqueline Abanses, 10 - Citrus Park Christian = 18:20 to finish 7th at Last Chance, also 19:05 at Hillsborough County
6. (6) Billie Castillo, 11 - Titusville = 18:31 to finish 10th at Last Chance
7. (5) Kendyl Cardwell, 10 - Montverde Academy = 18:44 to finish 12th at Last Chance
8. (7) Eleanor Tymorek, 10 - Saint Andrew's = 20:03 to win Westminster Home Open by over 90s
9. (9) Natalie Varela, 11 - Gulliver Prep = 19:09 to win Junior Orange Bowl, also 19:16 to finish 2nd at 305 Classic
10. (12) Lydia Friedman, 11 - Citrus Park Christian = 19:17 to finish 17th at Last Chance, also 19:15 to finish 5th at Hillsborough
11. (NR) Patasha Bryan, 10 - South Walton = 19:12 to finish 5th at New World Fall Spectacular
12. (13) Maxine Montoya, 10 - Bolles = 19:22 to finish 6th at New World Fall Spectacular
13. (8) Helena Kummings, 11 - Bolles = 19:22 to finish 7th at New World Fall Spectacular
14. (11) Elizabeth Csikai, 8 - Bolles = 19:22 to finish 8th at New World Fall Spectacular
15. (10) Audrey McAnally, 11 - Trinity Prep = 19:22 to finish 21st at Last Chance
Other individuals to watch out for:
(14) Ella Mickler, 8 - Bolles = 19 = Did not run a 5k race.
(BOLO) Margaret Ward, 12 - Rockledge = 18:54 to win Sebastian River
(NR) Megan Hughes, 11 - Academy of Holy Names = 18:57 to finish 2nd at Dunedin
3A Girls Rankings
By: Steve Farnsworth, Lecanto HS, firstname.lastname@example.org
Commentary: Normally, when teams and individuals voluntarily do not compete in a ranking period, they are assigned no ranking time and drop in the polls. Due to Hurricane Michael, many teams and individuals were not able to compete in scheduled meets. For this poll only, inactive teams and individuals will be assigned the ranking times from their last meet. This ranking period is also complicated by a lot of questionable courses, whose effect is hard to separate from that of improved (cooler) racing weather. The rankings are now based on performances since October 1st for active teams to try to eliminate ranking skew from earlier fast and questionable courses, and to keep the rankings as current as possible. This poll lists the top six teams in each region, plus the next best team as a wild card. Teams that are top-25, but were bumped out by being in a tough region are listed under honorable mention. Team averages are given for reference only and are not the only basis for rankings, and do not follow them completely -- course conditions, head to head competition, and team depth is also considered. Times from known or suspected fast courses have had time added to them, while known slow courses had time deducted. Times from questionable courses were not used when possible.
Rank, (Previous Rank), Team, Region, Team Average/Comments
1. (1) Chiles, 1, 18:43 (+20). After holding back at FLRunners, the Timberwolves went all out at the Great American XC Festival and took the top spot on the fast Wake Med course in North Carolina.
2. (2) Creekside, 1, 19:31 (+20). The Knights were third in the Last Chance Invite Elite race on a known fast course, and second at the Bronco Classic.
3. (5) Osceola (Seminole), 3, 19:50. The Warriors won the Land O'Lakes Gator Invite on a course that may have run a little fast.
4. (3) Naples, 3, 20:43. The Eagles took second at the Disney XC Classic and then ran their JV at the Lely Trojan Invite.
5. (6) Viera, 4, 20:44 (+20). The Hawks won their home meet on a fast course, but slumped to fifteenth in the Last Chance Invite Elite race.
6. (15) Charlotte, 3, 21:04. The Tarpons bounce back with wins at the Tri-County Championships on the fast North Port course and at the Lely Trojan Invite on an average course.
7. (8) Cape Coral, 3, 20:57. The Seahawks won the Vikings XC Invite on a fast course and took second at the Lely Trojan Invite.
8. (10) Ponte Vedra, 1, 20:53 (+20). The Sharks took 14th in the Last Chance Invite Elite race after a disappointing fifth-place finish in the Bronco Classic.
9. (7) Niceville, 1, 21:17. The Eagles' only meet during this ranking cycle, FSU PreState, was cancelled.
10. (16) Harmony, 2, 20:38 (+30). The Longhorns claimed second at the Windermere XC Invitational on a flat, fast course.
11. (12) Sunlake, 2, 21:27. The Seahawks were inactive during this ranking period, but were benefitted by teams ahead of them having bad meets.
12. (13) Gulf Breeze, 1, 20:38 (+50). The Dolphins were also inactive due to hurricane issues, but benefitted by teams ahead of them having bad meets.
13. (9) St. Augustine, 1, 21:29. The Yellowjackets finished third at the Bronco Classic, but fell to 20th in the Last Chance Invite Elite race.
14. (17) Pace, 1, 20:50 (+40). The Patriots took second at the New World Fall Spectacular on what was apparently a very fast course.
15. (24) Dillard, 4, 21:31. The Panthers took third in the Broward County championships on what may have been a fast course.
16. (19) Miami Northwestern, 4, 22:03 (-20). The Bulls finished third in the 305 Classic and fourth in the Junior Orange Bowl Invite.
17. (20) Gainesville, 2, 21:04 (+40). The Hurricanes took ninth at the Bobcat Classic on a course that was both fast and short.
18. (14) South Fork, 4, 21:12 (+40). The Bulldogs put up good times at the questionable Windermere XC and Sebastian River Invites, making it hard to know how to rank them.
19. (18) Ocala Vanguard, 2, 21:30 (+20). The Knights won the Marion County championships and placed third in the Last Chance Invite Varsity race.
20. (10) Robinson, 3, 22:08. The Knights did not run well at the Hillsborough County championships.
21. (23) Land O'Lakes, 2, 21:55. The Gators took third at their own meet, but fell to fifth in the Dunedin Invite with their No. 2 runner missing.
22. (22) Matanzas, 2, 22:21. The Pirates were seventh in the Bronco Classic and sixth at the Sebastian River Invite.
23. (4) Ft. Myers, 3, 21:58 (+30). The Green Wave have not run most of their varsity in their last two meets and have taken a hit in the rankings.
24. (NR) Mater Academy, 4, 22:53 (-20). The Lions took seventh in the 305 Classic and get back into the rankings when West Shore stumbles.
25. (25) Jensen Beach, 4, 22:42 (+40). The Falcons claimed seventh at the Sebastian River Invitational.
Bartram Trail, 1, 21:36. The Bears were fourth at the Bronco Classic and would be ranked if they weren't in a tough region.
Nease, 1, 21:41. The Panthers took sixth at the Bronco Classic/St. Johns' County championships.
Gulf Coast, 3, 21:41. The Sharks placed third in the Lely Trojan Invite.
Commentary: The last two weeks' times and the course adjustments are being used in the same way as in the team rankings. Two-week season bests are listed, but are not the sole factor in rankings - head to head competition, and consistency in times is also considered.
Rank, (Previous Rank) Name, Grade, Team, 2 Week SB / Comments
1. (1) Valerie Lastra, 11, Mater Academy, 18:13 (-20). Won 305 Classic on the always tough L&PT course.
2. (4) Natalie Abernathy, 12, Land O'Lakes, 18:09. Took top spot at the LOL Gator Invite on a course that may have run a little fast.
3. (2) Parker Valby, 11, East Lake, 17:51 (+20). Finished seventh at the Great American XC Festival on the fast Wake Med course in North Carolina.
4. (10) Taylor Stone, 10, Osceola (Seminole), 18:13. Finished right behind Abernathy at the Gator Invite.
5. (3) Claire Openshaw, 11, Creekside, 18:13 (+20). Placed fourth in the Last Chance Invite Elite race.
6. (16) Emily Culley, 12, Chiles, 18:13 (+20). Took fifteenth place at the Great American XC Festival.
7. (18) Caitlyn Wilkey, 11, Chiles, 18:16 (+20). Claimed 17th place at the Great American XC Festival.
8. (9) Ani Veltcheva, 9, Gainesville, 18:15 (+40). Placed second at the Bobcat Classic on a course that was both fast and short.
9. (6) Cheyenne Young, 12, Cape Coral, 18:52. Won Vikings XC and Lely Trojan Invites.
10. (11) Alyson Churchill, 11, Chiles, 18:38 (+20). Finished 27th at Great American.
11. (5) Liina Winborn, 11, Sunlake, 18:59. Did not race during this ranking period.
12. (7) Elizabeth Iliff, 10, Creekside, 18:49 (+20). Took thirteenth in the Last Chance Invite Elite race, won Bronco Classic.
13. (8) Isabella Coogan, 12, Port Charlotte, 19:11. Placed second in the Tri-County Championships and the Lely Trojan Invite.
14. (15) Erica Fisher, 12, Pace. 18:31 (+40). Won the New World Fall Spectacular on a questionable course.
15. (12) Estefania Acosta, 12, Land O'Lakes, 19:21. Claimed fourth place at the LOL Gator Invite.
16. (17) Abby Schrobilgen, 12, Chiles, 19:11 (+20). Took 51st place at Great American XC Festival
17. (14) Kambry Smith, 10, Ft. Walton Beach, 19:37. Did not race during this ranking period.
18. (NR) Lindsay James, 10, Chiles, 19:17 (+20). Helped her team win Great American.
19. (21) Blake Petrick, 10, Creekside, 19:18 (+20). Took 18th in the Last Chance Invite Elite race.
20. (NR) Andrea Ballestero, 9, Osceola (Seminole), 19:41. Gets back in the rankings with a nice fifth place finish at the LOL Gator Invite.
21. (13) Isabella Babilonia, 10, Viera, 19:22 (+20). Won her home meet and finished 20th in the Last Chance Invite Elite race.
22. (NR) Avery Calabro, 10, Leon, 19:44. Took the top spot in the Aucilla Christian Warrior Stampede.
23. (19) Morgan Palmer, 12, Palmetto Ridge, 19:47. Finished third in the Lely Trojan Invite and second at Marco Island.
24. (NR) Naila Etique, 12, Nease, 19:47. Gets back into rankings with a fourth-place finish in the Bronco Classic.
25. (22) Hannah Spooneybarger, 12, Gulf Breeze, 19:05 (+50). Did not race during this ranking period.
On the Bubble:
Brooke Mullins, 12, Harmony, 19:23 (+30). Won Windermere XC Invite on a flat, fast course.
Lauren Jorgensen, 12, Gulf Breeze, 19:54. Won T.R. Miller Challenge in Alabama.
4A Girls Rankings
by Paul Opitz, Sarasota Riverview HS, email@example.com
Commentary: 4a teams, sorry no more ties, bummer Pre State was cancelled. I would have liked to have seen some head to head races with some of the fast 4a girls. Good thing Chris and his family are ok.
Rank. (Previous Rank) Team -- Comments
1. (1a) Lake Brantley = won West Orange Invite over Winter Park and 22 other teams, N/R
2. (1b) Winter Park = ran well at Great American, in NC with three girls under 20 min, led by Emma Noel 19:37 and the Coddington sisters also under 20
3. (1c) Winter Springs = won Hagerty Invite avg 20:24, N/R
4. (5) HB Plant = won Hillsborough county last week at the Ladds Church, sorry about the misinformation about Coach Harrison, he is not retiring.
5. (1d) Newsome = won the prestigious Palmetto Invite, great course, thanks Dr Chuck B. Led by Keleigh Scallon with a new course record 18:48.
6. (7) G Holmes Braddock = 4th at the Last Chance Invite 19:57 avg
7. (8) George Jenkins = won Polk County championship for the 7th year in a row, great job ladies, led by the one- two combo of Sentner and Ruiz great team effort, good job JJ Blackburn on hosting the meet
8. (9) Sarasota = 24th at The Great American Race in NC with 5 runners
9. (6) Fleming Island = 8th at the last chance Invite 20:11 avg
10. (10) Wharton = 2nd at the scenic Palmetto Invite
11. (15) OLOL = 10th at the last chance 20:17 avg too low?
12. (11) St. Thomas Aquinas = won BCAA Champ again
13. (NR) Lakewood Ranch = won Manatee county meet, 2nd at the Tri county meet to Charlotte, same meet at North Port, thanks Coach Phu
14. (14) Steinbrenner = 16th at the last chance Invite 20:57 avg
15. (NR) Spruce Creek = 17th at the last chance Invite 20:56 avg
16. (12) Spanish River = won the South County Conference
Other fast teams:
Oviedo, Lake Minneola, ManateeIndividual Rankings:
Commentary: 4a individuals, looks like a little bit of a shake up, more to come with new no 1
Rank. Name, Grade -- School = Comments
1. (9) Mary Ellen Eudaly, 9 -- HB Plant = wins Hillsborough county Champ with a fast time of 18:20
2. (1) Alyssa Hendrix, 11 -- Riverview = 2nd at Hills Champ 18:48
3. (2) Ashley Klingenberg, 11 -- Lake Brantley = still undefeated this year, pr 18:22
4. (3) Rylee Pustilink, 11 -- Spanish River = 12th at Great American 18:05
5. (6) Caroline Lehman, 9 -- Manatee = won tri county at North Port in 18:36
6. (5) Cadi Rowe, 12 -- Lake Minneola = N/R just fast and tough
7. (7) Keleigh Scallon, 10 -- Newsome = pr, I Think 18:48, at the awesome Palmetto Invite
8. (8) Amber Schulz, 9 -- Timber Creek = 9th at Last Chance in another sub 19 effort, 18:31
9. (4) Alicia Ruiz, 10 -- George Jenkins = won Polk County Championship in 19:00, congrats
10. (12) Rebecca Bergnes, 11 -- G. Holmes Braddock = 11th at Last Chance in 18:36, congrats school record?
11. (10) Mackenzie Czurak, 11 -- Winter Springs = N/R
12. (11) Elayna Bahr, 11 -- Winter Springs = N/R
13. (14) Pia Beaulieu, 10 -- Boca Raton = Boca Raton won South County Conference in 19:06 over Rylee P
14. (NR) Jordan Shapiro, 11 -- Miami Palmetto = 14th at Last Chance 18:51
15. (NR) Alexandra Straumann, 12 -- Steinbrenner = 15th at Last Chance 18:51
16. (13) Anna Senter, 11 -- George Jenkins = 2nd at the Polk County Championship
17. (16) Chloe Hyde, 12 -- Lake Brantley = N/R
18. (17) Alexandra Del Re, 11 -- Jupiter = N/R
19. (NR) Emma Noel, 10th -- Winter Park = ran SB at Great American 19:37
Other fast girls:
M Chiang-Flemming Island, Sammantha Gayton-Spruce Creek, Kasumi Wade-Sarasota( new family record 19:44= cool), Olivia Manno-HB Pant, Caroline Wells- Winter Springs, Jordan Stevens-Lake Brantley Nicole O- Wharton
BOYS STATE RANKINGS
1A Boys Rankings
by 1A Pollster, Ghost Writer HS - firstname.lastname@example.org
Commentary: It's time to talk about the "elephant in the middle of the room" - short courses. The Bobcat Invitational (hosted by Buchholz) was ~110 meters short -- Oak Hall attended the meet and mentioned it was short. The Sebastian River (Raposo edit: measured 715 feet / 217.9 meters short by both the FACA XC Chair and the Sebastian River Meet Director as they wheeled it together) and Dunedin courses (although not documented) appear to have been a bit short as well. Some other courses - (no need to mention names) appears suspect as well. As a fellow meet director and organizer, I challenge meet directors to get on their hands and knees with a steel tape and stakes (or at a minimum a wheel) and take the time to give these kids an accurate fair course.
I know "it's cross-country and it really doesn't matter" - but for the purposes of these rankings, where we have no choice but to compare kids from all over the state -- ensuring the course is at least the correct distance is a good start. That being said, for the first time this season, I took these courses into account and applied some "artistic license" on the rankings. However we got there, we now have 20 boys that have broken 17:00 this season. We also have 7 teams that have their team average under 18:00 -- and another 12 teams with average between 18:00 and 18:25 -- State meet should be wildly wide open and competitive!!
Rank. (Previous Rank) Team -- Comments
1. (1) Mount Dora Christian Academy -- There is Mount Dora -- and then there is everyone else. Gabriel Curtis ran another 15:28 at the Sebastian Sharks Meet - Jackson Pruim ran a huge PR (see above comments) of 15:44 at Sebastian River. Team average is down to 16:22. Regardless of course lengths, Mount Dora is having a fabulous year, and expect the reign to continue in late October / early November.
2. (2) Admiral Farragut -- Another strong showing at the Dunedin Invite with team average now down to 17:21.
3. (12) Providence -- Came out of hiding in a big way at New World -- 17:40 average for Top 5 and an impressive 1:51 split
4. (2) Seffner Christian --They appear to be one of the few teams that has not benefitted from a questionable course -- taking that into account. 5th man improving from 18:42 to (say 18:00) would make them odds-on favorite for 2nd place at State meet.
5. (4) The King's Academy -- Team average down to (although done at Sebastian River) -- That being said, they soundly defeated The Pine School by 80 points (and 35 seconds per man Top 5) so they clearly are the real deal.
6. (5) Pensacola Christian -- Followed up JD Mac with solid showings at TR Miller and Boardwalk Challenge. Should breeze through Districts then go up against heavyweights in Region 1
7. (7) Oak Hall -- Oak Hall --Virtual Meet has them 4th) , but applying 40-45 seconds to the Bobcat course moves the needle. But this is a good team with great coaching and they will certainly make their presence known in the post-season !
8. (13) St. Johns Country Day -- A master at "peaking his teams' Coach Birmingham keep moving his boys up steadily in the ranks. Big showdown versus Providence looms at Districts October 24th.
9. (11) St Joseph's Academy - Coach Weed moves his boys up from 11th to 10th after a strong showing at New World.
10. (10) Bishop Snyder - 18:09 average after New World and an impressive 56 second split. Have a monumental show-down at District versus Providence, St. Joseph's, St Johns and Trinity, in probably the toughest and deepest District in the State.
11. (14) Father Lopez - Still working on 4th and 5th man gap - If anyone can pull a rabbit out of a hat, it is coach Sue O'Malley.
12. (6) Indian Rocks -- Average of 18:17 and a very solid split of 1:18 -- finished a close 2nd to Admiral Farragut at Big Pirate -- every boy in Top 5 ran a season best
13. Trinity Christian (Jacksonville) -- 18:17 average at New World -- gives 1A District 4 five teams in the Top 13 in the State
14. The Pine School -- 18:08 average and 1:54 split are both impressive (but were run at Sebastian River) so may need to add a buffer
15. St. Stephens -- 18:14 average and a 2:02 split (but this was run at Bobcat course -- probably 3 miles)
5 other teams to watch for:
- Benjamin School -- Haven't run in 2 weeks (since Tommy LaCayo October 1st) -- but talented team that should make a run at Top 10 at State
- Circle Christian - Tight pack with a 18:40 average and a 1:30 split -- It's very tight in 1A this year, as a 40 second improvement per man separates #4 team from #15
- Maclay -- Although they have been "laying low" this season, he who bets against Gary Droze in October-November has never been around!
- Lakeland Christian -- 18:23 average for a squad that could challenge for Top 10 at State in a crazy, wide open year!
Commentary: I think I have beaten the dead horse with my course measurement commentary -- but suffice it to say, it was applied here as well.
Rank (Previous Rank) - Name, Grade -- School - Comments
1. (1) Gabriel Curtis - 12 - Mount Dora - hands-down #1 -- has run 15:28 twice
2. (2) Ted Twyman - 12 - The Benjamin School -- 16:28 PR at The Boca Bobcat -- hasn't run in 2 weeks
3. (3) Ben Kailes - 12 - St. Johns Country Day -- 16:30 PR on a legitimate course earlier this month -- 16:45 at Amelia Island Pirate
4. (4) Joseph Anderton - 11 - South Florida HEAT -- 16:26 PR and has broken 17:00 6 times this season including 16:40 at MCD Fast Times last weekend.
5. (5) Jackson Pruim - 12 - Mount Dora -- 15:44 at Sebastian (?)
6. (13) Philip Henderson - 11 - Admiral Farragut - knocked over a minute off of his PR with a 15:56 at Dunedin (hmm)
7. (11) Cameron Dunn - 11 - The King's Academy - 16:18 at Sebastian (?)
8. (6) Austin Montini - 10 - Oak Hall -- 15:59 at Bobcat Invite -- probably about equal to his previous best of 16:37 adjusting for course.
9. (7) Alex Fiorillo - 12 - Admiral Farragut - 16:32 last weekend at Dunedin (hmm)
10. (8) Matthew Stratton - 9 - St. Johns Country Day -- Haven't seen him in a couple of weeks but ran 16:46 on legit course earlier this month
2A Boys Rankings
by Carlos Maymi, St. Brendan / St. Thomas University, email@example.com
Commentary: Please keep in mind that these rankings are not official nor mean anything and are made just for overall enjoyment of the sport.
Rank. (Previous Rank) Team- Comments
1. (1) Bolles - Busy 2 weeks with back to back out of state trips, placed 2nd to the number one ranked team in the nation at Great American invite, same course this team will see for Nike Cross qualifier. In addition they traveled to a stacked Manhattan invitational in which the team ran 4k and placed 5th moving them up to 17th place in the mile split rankings
2. (2) Satellite - Solid performance at Great American Invitational. It looks like this team has an almost secured second place in November.
3. (3) Bishop Kenny - Ranking this teams are very hard due to the fact that unlike first and second, third place could be anyone's. There is 6 powerful contenders. Bishop Kenny's splits have been deadly clocking some of the lowest 1-5 splits I have ever seen which is why I have given them the 3rd place, I feel like this could be deadly once states comes around.
4. (8) Astronaut - Second place at Windermere XC Invitational. Their number one won the meet but 1-5 split was over 2:30, this will become a weakness once the state series begins. However they beat (#9, #14) on the previous ranking.
5. (6) Fernandina Beach - Won New World Fall Spectacular. Hit a 1-2 and 11-12, they will need their 5th to step up if they wish to make a run for third
6. (4) Lake Highland Prep - 9th place at Last Chance Invite, beating 2 ranked teams previously (#10, #13).
7. (7) Cocoa Beach- Second place at Sebastian River HS 25th Annual Sharks Invitational
8. (5) Lake Wales- Won Polk County Middle & High School Championships in a very solid performance. Lake Wales got 6 in the top 15.
9. (13) Pine Crest - Finishing just one spot below lake highland prep at Last Chance Invite. They move up 4 spots in the rankings.
10. (9) Bishop Moore- not a very good performance at Windermere XC Invitational, getting beat by (#8)
11. (10) Trinity Prep-They got beat by (#4, #13) at Last Chance Invite
12. (12) Labelle- won Vikings XC Invite, and set a new SB average.
13. (NR) South Walton- they finished closed to Fernandina #6, and beat Episcopal school of Jacksonville (NR)
14. (NR) Episcopal- they finished closed to Fernandina #6, as well as South Walton (NR) at New World Fall Spectacular.
15. (14) Rockledge - Ran at Windermere XC Invitational where they got beat by Astronaut #8 and Bishop Moore#9, they hang on being ranked due to their number one.
Dropped from Rankings:
(11) Ransom Everglades
Rank. (Previous Rank) Name, Team
1. (1) Charles Hicks, Bolles
2. (2) Chase Rivera, Bolles
3. (3) Gabriel Montague, Satellite
4. (11) Gaven O'brien, Astronaut
5. (7) Justin Wilson, Satellite
6. (4) Benjamin Foltz, Bolles
7. (9) Alexander Hastings, Bolles
8. (6) John Sorensen, Fernandina Beach
9. (8) Jacob Hensley, Citrus
10. (5) Troy Smith, Rockledge
11. (NR) William Brady, Bolles
12. (13) Matthew Cummings, Cocoa Beach HS
13. (NR) Josh Stern, Satellite
14. (NR) Steven Durr, Fernandina Beach
15. (NR) Mac Updike, Lake Wales
Other to watch out for :
Kamren Khan, Bolles
Anderson Denton, Lake Wales
Thomas Rodriguez, Archbishop McCarthy
3A Boys Rankings
by Carl Egbert, Gulf Coast HS, firstname.lastname@example.org
Commentary: The cancellation of Pre State deprived us of some big head to heads to we will have to wait til Districts and Regions for some of these anticipated matchups. Region 1 dominates the rankings with 7 in top 10.
Rank . (Previous Rank) School, Region -- Comments
1. (1) Belen Jesuit, 3A-R4 -- 42 sec spread
2. (2) Robinson, 3A-R3 -- 1:14 spread
3. (3) Creekside, 3A-R1 -- 44 second spread
4. (4) Niceville, 3A-R1 -- 53 second spread
5. (5) Chiles, 3A-R1 -- 58 second spread
6. (8) Bartram Trail, 3A-R1 -- 44 second spread
7. (7) Ponte Vedra, 3A-R1 -- 53 second spread
8. (11) St. Augustine, 3A-R1 -- 57 second spread
9. (9) Nease, 3A-R1 -- 1:15 spread
10. (6) Gulf Coast, 3A-R3 -- 1:18 spread
11. (14) Naples, 3A-R3 -- 1:53 spread
12. (12) Estero, 3A-R3 -- 2:23 spread
13. (13) Vanguard, 3A-R2 -- 1:13 spread
14. (NR) Tampa Jesuit, 3A-R3 -- 1:13 spread
15. (15) West Shore, 3A-R4 -- 1:22 spread
Others to watch out for:
(10) Fort Myers, 3A-R3
Commentary: District action will get some nice head to head matchups we missed with cancellation of Pre State.
Rank (Finish at State Meet) Name, Grade, School, Comments
1. (1) Hugh Brittenham, 12, Estero, Win at Disney
2. (2) Ethan Geiger, 11, Robinson, 2nd @ Hillsborough County meet
3. (5) Aidan O'Gorman, 12, New Smyrna Beach, 15:43 @ Great American
4. (3) Adam Magoulas, 9, Belen Jesuit, 15:46 PR
5. (4) Jake Turner, 11, Armwood, Only 3 races so far. Not sure he's healthy
6. (6) Javier Vento, 10, Belen, 16:16 PR
7. (7) John Bear, 12, Orange Park, 16:09 PR
8. (8) Connor Philips, 12, Chiles, 16:26 PR
9. (9) Sebastian Roa, 12, Belen Jesuit, 16:08 PR
10. (10) Nick Kamen, 12, Gulf Coast, 16:04 PR
11. (BOLO) Sebastian Kenne, 12, Stanton Prep, 16:09 PR
12. (11) Sandeley Dorsainvil, 10, Palmetto Ridge, 16:37 PR
13. (12) Christian Garcia, 11, Palmetto Ridge, 16:37 PR
14. (13) Matt Ortiz, 12, Chiles, 16:30 PR
15. (14) Reinhardt Harrison 9, Nease, 16:17 PR
16. (15) Brady Gibson, 11, Naples, 16:17 PR
4A Boys Rankings as of 10/16/18
by 4A Pollster - email@example.com
Commentary: Great showing by Sarasota and Hartvigsen at Great American and a dominating victory at the Hillsborough County Championship for Steinbrenner. Several courses produced results so fast as to bring the accuracy of the distance into question, so I tried my best to keep rankings based as much as possible on head-to-head competition rather than Team Avg. PR's.
Rank. (Previous Rank) School, Region # = Top 5 avg. PR's / Recent Finish(es)
1. (1) Sarasota HS, R2 = 15:36 / 14th @ GA-ROC & 2nd @ Last Chance
2. (2) Steinbrenner HS, R2 = 16:42 / 1st @ HCC
3. (3) Oviedo HS, R1 = 16:50 / No Recent Results
4. (4) Windermere, R1 = 16:49 / 3rd @ Last Chance
5. (6) Newsome, R2 = 17:10 / 3rd @ HCC
6. (5) Plant, R2 = 17:15 / 4th @ HCC
7. (7) Wharton, R2 = 17:00 / 5th @ HCC
8. (9) St. Thomas Aquinas, R3 = 16:44 / 1st @ BCAA & 4th @ Last Chance
9. (10) Columbus, R4 = 17:08 / 6th @ Last Chance
10. (11) Coral Park, R4 = 17:27 / 1st @ 305
11. (12) Spanish River, R3 = 17:07 / 14th @ GA-Seeded
12. (8) Fleming Island, R1 = 17:09 / 13th @ Last Chance
13. (13) Lake Mary, R1 = 17:04 / 1st @ Bobcat
14. (14) West Orange, R1 = 16:43 / 1st @ Windermere
15. (15) Olympia, R1 = 17:16 / 3rd @ Windermere
Other teams to watch for:
(NR) Dr. Phillips, R1 = 17:18 / 2nd @ Bobcat
(NR) Buchholz, R1 = 17:16 / 5th @ Alligator & 5th @ Bobcat
(NR) Martin County, R3 = 17:25 / 1st @ LaCayo & 4th @ Sharks
Commentary: With the cancellation of Pre-State and the disparity in apparent course conditions (distances?), I tried my best to find as many head-to-head matchups as possible.
Rank. (Previous Rank) Name, Grade -- School = Season Best / Recent Race
1. (1) Ben Hartvigsen, 12 -- Sarasota HS = 15:08 / 8th @ GA-ROC
2. (2) Angel Vicioso, 12, - Oviedo HS = 15:59 / No Recent Results
3. (5) Jonathan Reid, 12 - Lakewood Ranch HS = 15:46 / 1st @ Last Chance
4. (3) Aidan Breslin, 11 - St. Thomas Aquinas HS = 15:53 / 1st @ BCAA & 9th @ Last Chance
5. (4) Michael Fiore, 10 - Ft. Lauderdale HS = 16:05 / 2nd @ BCAA
6. (6) Kayamo Galloway, 11 - Oviedo HS = 16:13 / No Recent Results
7. (8) Nehemiah Rivers, 12 - Wharton HS = 16:07 / 1st @ HCC
8. (7) Alan Romero, 12 - Sarasota HS = 16:16 / 9th @ GA-ROC
9. (10) Yonas Sauers, 11 - Alonso HS = 15:41 / 3rd @ HCC & 1st @ Dunedin
10. (9) Brady Zimmerman, 12 - George Jenkins HS = 16:22 / No Recent Results
11. (NR) Nick Miller 12 - West Orange HS - 15:40 / 2nd @ Windermere
12. (12) Dominic Acosta, 11 - Newsome HS = 16:37 / 4th @ HCC
13. (13) Zachary Cloud, 11 - St. Cloud HS = 16:23 / 2nd @ Home#3
14. (14) Caden Monk, 12 - Bucholz HS = 15:52 / 5th @ Alligator & 1st @ Bobcat
15. (15) Onix Ortiz, 11 - Windermere HS - 16:21 / 5th @ Last Chance
Other individuals to watch:
(11) Davis Bly, 12 - Steinbrenner HS = 16:27 / 26th @ HCC
(NR) Ryan Guendjoian, 11 - Sarasota HS = 16:30 / 105th @ GA-ROC
(NR) Adrien Zambaux, 11 - Sarasota HS = 16:26 / 100th @ GA-ROC
(NR) Colin Breslin, - St. Thomas Aquinas HS = 16:27 / 10th @ Last Chance
(NR) Jake Lockhart, 12 - Lake Mary HS = 16:26 / 3rd @ Bobcat
- Please remember that all of these rankings are done by volunteer coaches and are meant to increase the overall enjoyment of the sport for athletes, coaches, parents, and fans. They are just for fun and should not have a lot of weight put on them. But if you have issues (such as a missed athlete or team), please email the individual pollster for your classification & gender.
- Please direct any major concerns to Flrunners Power User / FACA Rankings Representative: Ryan Raposo @ firstname.lastname@example.org