NIKE and FLRUNNERS.COM are proud to announce that Christin Wurth-Thomas will be our Olympic guest speaker this year's flrunners.com Invitational.
Christin is one of only four American women ever to run sub-4 in the 1500; a feat which she accomplished in 2009 at the Golden Gala in Rome. The former indoor national champ was also a member of Team USA at the 2008 Beijing Olympics. The Illinois native ran collegiately for the University of Arkansas and now runs for Nike with the 1500 and 800 as her speciality--though occassionally drifting up to longer events.
Here are some of her credentials and career highlights:
- Third at the Olympic Trials to qualify for Beijing Olympics.
- 3:59.98 personal best in the 1500 on July 10, 2009 in Rome (fourth American woman under 4).
- 1:59.35 personal best in the 800 on July 28, 2009.
- 15:21.75 personal best at 5000 on April 15, 2011.
- 2009 USA Indoor National Champ at 1500
- 2009 and 2007 runner-up at USA Outdoors at 1500
- 2005 Prefontaine Classic champ at 1500
- Best ever middle distance runner at legendary University of Arkansas program
- SEC Champ in XC and Track
- 5th place at Worlds in 1500 in 2009
- Hit times of 2:00.72 800m, 4:03.72 1500m, 15:21.75 5000m, and 8:34.79 3000m (Indoor) this season.
Christin will speak and sign autographs on Friday night (September 30) on stage and at the Nike tent and she will hang out on Saturday morning as the starter of the Race of Champions and MC of some of the fun Nike games and madness like the t-shirt giveaway and dance off!
More on Wurth-Thomas