User
T-SHIRTS WILL BE AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE FOR $15.00
T-SHIRTS WILL BE AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE FOR $15.00
07/23/2013 10:04:54 AM
Coach
[img]http://www.milesplit.com/static/83629/e[/img]
09/01/2013 6:53:22 AM
User
To all of the Coaches and Runners and Parents and Spectators, We at Estero would like to Thank You for all of your participation at our First Estero DDD Invitational. This meet would not have been as sucessful without you. We would like to Thank all our our Vendors that contributed. Most of all we would like to Thank our Numerous Volunteers (to many to name)that helped put on this Great event. It takes a TEAM to pull together to accomplish what we did. Special Thanks to the Estero Community Center for the Best Venue in The State. Sincerely, Estero Coaching Staff and Volunteers
To all of the Coaches and Runners and Parents and Spectators,

We at Estero would like to Thank You for all of your participation at our First Estero DDD Invitational.
This meet would not have been as sucessful without you.

We would like to Thank all our our Vendors that contributed.

Most of all we would like to Thank our Numerous Volunteers (to many to name)that helped
put on this Great event. It takes a TEAM to pull together to accomplish what we did.

Special Thanks to the Estero Community Center for the Best Venue in The State.

Sincerely,

Estero Coaching Staff and Volunteers
09/01/2013 9:43:05 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I would like to thank Coach Sommer and his staff for putting on such a well run meet. The awards were by far some of the best I've seen at any meet in Florida or anywhere for that matter. I personally thought everything was great.We Look forward to seeing you on the 21st in North Port. Have a great year coach. Awesome program... Coach Simpson NPHS Girls XC
I would like to thank Coach Sommer and his staff for putting on such a well run meet. The awards were by far some of the best I've seen at any meet in Florida or anywhere for that matter. I personally thought everything was great.We Look forward to seeing you on the 21st in North Port. Have a great year coach. Awesome program...

Coach Simpson
NPHS Girls XC
09/01/2013 1:05:17 PM
Coach
Coach Simpson, Thanks so much for the kind comments about the 3D Invite and the awards. We are really looking forward to your meet on Sept 21st. The runners and coaches are always treated with total respect. I told my kids we would be back every year. We just try to learn from one of the best. It was an honor to put on the 3D Invite and I want to THANK all teams and coaches who made it a first class meet. Special Thanks To all of my parents and past parents who donated there time you made Estero Proud. Coach Sommer DDD
Coach Simpson, Thanks so much for the kind comments about the 3D Invite and the awards. We are really looking forward to your meet on Sept 21st. The runners and coaches are always treated with total respect. I told my kids we would be back every year. We just try to learn from one of the best. It was an honor to put on the 3D Invite and I want to THANK all teams and coaches who made it a first class meet. Special Thanks To all of my parents and past parents who donated there time you made Estero Proud. Coach Sommer DDD
09/01/2013 6:28:25 PM
User
@3DDDDDD On August 31st, the Estero 3D program kicked of the 2013 cross country season with it’s first 3D Cross Country Invitational. Originally planned to be a light opening race for the season with hopes of getting 8 to 10 teams, it quickly grew, taking on a life of it’s own. When the dust had settled and the mud dried on the runners, the 3D Invitational ended up with 38 teams from all over the state of Florida. On a hot humid morning, on a course designed to test the conditioning and mental preparation of athletes and spectators alike the races went off as planned. There were many great individual performances as well as team victories. Belen Jesuit took the over all varsity team title followed by Estero. On the girls side, the 3 time defending state champions Wildcats, minus their top 2 runners from last year who are now running in college, took the team title. A Belen Jesuit boy, Fabian Tomas took the individual win and Ft. Myers high Emily Edwards took the top girl varsity spot. But the whole story is not the runners who spilled their sweat, blood and vomit over the course, much of the story is the organization, planning and running the event. With 8 to 10 teams originally hoped for, it was not a dire task. As the registrations kept coming in, then heart rates stated soring, headaches mounting and then fear set in. As the race kept growing and growing, it was going to be a manpower…. Umm and woman power problem. Coach Sommer runs a top notch program, training not only runners, but he trains children to become young adults, but he will be the first to say, he doesn’t do it alone, and this event was a prime example. An event this size needs a ton of volunteers, and no I am not talking about their combined weights. The 3D program runs on and is supported by a lot of volunteers. Parents who’s children are current athletes, parents who’s children graduated years ago, former runners coming back to help out when needed, and groups like 3D Racing, who lend their expertise in race management and organization, as well as do the timing. It was a great event, from all aspects I could see. Were there some glitches here and there? Most likely. But for an event of this magnitude to come together in such short order took a lot of work and dedication from a lot of people. Dedication, Discipline and Desire…. All three were needed to pull off this event, and I feel it went off well, thanks to all those that gave up their time to make this 3D invitational a top notch event, and thanks to the teams that came and supported the event by racing. Now, we have to sit back and fear, what Coach Sommer will try to plan next……
@3DDDDDD On August 31st, the Estero 3D program kicked of the 2013 cross country season with it's first 3D Cross Country Invitational. Originally planned to be a light opening race for the season with hopes of getting 8 to 10 teams, it quickly grew, taking on a life of it's own.
When the dust had settled and the mud dried on the runners, the 3D Invitational ended up with 38 teams from all over the state of Florida. On a hot humid morning, on a course designed to test the conditioning and mental preparation of athletes and spectators alike the races went off as planned. There were many great individual performances as well as team victories. Belen Jesuit took the over all varsity team title followed by Estero. On the girls side, the 3 time defending state champions Wildcats, minus their top 2 runners from last year who are now running in college, took the team title. A Belen Jesuit boy, Fabian Tomas took the individual win and Ft. Myers high Emily Edwards took the top girl varsity spot.
But the whole story is not the runners who spilled their sweat, blood and vomit over the course, much of the story is the organization, planning and running the event. With 8 to 10 teams originally hoped for, it was not a dire task. As the registrations kept coming in, then heart rates stated soring, headaches mounting and then fear set in. As the race kept growing and growing, it was going to be a manpower…. Umm and woman power problem.
Coach Sommer runs a top notch program, training not only runners, but he trains children to become young adults, but he will be the first to say, he doesn't do it alone, and this event was a prime example. An event this size needs a ton of volunteers, and no I am not talking about their combined weights. The 3D program runs on and is supported by a lot of volunteers. Parents who's children are current athletes, parents who's children graduated years ago, former runners coming back to help out when needed, and groups like 3D Racing, who lend their expertise in race management and organization, as well as do the timing.
It was a great event, from all aspects I could see. Were there some glitches here and there? Most likely. But for an event of this magnitude to come together in such short order took a lot of work and dedication from a lot of people. Dedication, Discipline and Desire…. All three were needed to pull off this event, and I feel it went off well, thanks to all those that gave up their time to make this 3D invitational a top notch event, and thanks to the teams that came and supported the event by racing.
Now, we have to sit back and fear, what Coach Sommer will try to plan next……

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.