flrunners.com Invitational 18 2017
08/15/2017 6:52:16 AM
Coach
Hello, I want to ask a question why they charge $50 for single runner in High school and only $15 for college single runner. I ask because I have 4 boys HS and 1 girl HS. So they are not a team but is going to cost the school the same amount of a team. How I do this then?
Hello, I want to ask a question why they charge $50 for single runner in High school and only $15 for college single runner. I ask because I have 4 boys HS and 1 girl HS. So they are not a team but is going to cost the school the same amount of a team. How I do this then?
08/15/2017 10:32:48 AM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@jayala33 Actually the reason is this... 1) If it is more cost effective then you should just enter as a team, even though you might only have four kids. 2) The reason is because the FHSAA fees for us are so high. We have to pay something like $40 per team to the FHSAA, even if it's just one kid it still counts to them as a team because it's one of their schools represented. We used to charge only $15 for individual high school students (and less for our team fees) but then the FHSAA raised the sanction fees on us substantially a couple of years ago. This is because we are a "third party" meet host.
@jayala33 Actually the reason is this...

1) If it is more cost effective then you should just enter as a team, even though you might only have four kids.

2) The reason is because the FHSAA fees for us are so high. We have to pay something like $40 per team to the FHSAA, even if it's just one kid it still counts to them as a team because it's one of their schools represented. We used to charge only $15 for individual high school students (and less for our team fees) but then the FHSAA raised the sanction fees on us substantially a couple of years ago. This is because we are a "third party" meet host.
08/15/2017 10:55:32 AM
Power User
152 teams last year entered, they charged you over $6000 to host a meet? Is this a joke?
152 teams last year entered, they charged you over $6000 to host a meet? Is this a joke?
08/15/2017 10:59:47 AM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@uwfrunner I'm not as involved anymore. So I don't know all the details like I used to. Looks like it was lowered for cross country since I was involved in the conversation. They have per sport fees now. But it is per gender. https://www.fhsaa.org/sites/default/files/orig_uploads/forms/2016-17_third_party_fees.pdf So $25 per team... so if both genders that is $50 per school we pay in sanction fee. So yeah it is around that $6K range. Previously it was going to be $40 per team... or $80 per school. And was going to cost us between $10-12K for the sanction fee alone. But I know we pushed back on that and negotiated it down. Looks like they lowered the fee somewhat since then.
@uwfrunner I'm not as involved anymore. So I don't know all the details like I used to. Looks like it was lowered for cross country since I was involved in the conversation. They have per sport fees now. But it is per gender.

https://www.fhsaa.org/sites/default/files/orig_uploads/forms/2016-17_third_party_fees.pdf

So $25 per team... so if both genders that is $50 per school we pay in sanction fee.

So yeah it is around that $6K range. Previously it was going to be $40 per team... or $80 per school. And was going to cost us between $10-12K for the sanction fee alone. But I know we pushed back on that and negotiated it down. Looks like they lowered the fee somewhat since then.
08/15/2017 11:47:41 AM
Power User
Have they provided you anything in the 15+ years? What do they provide? Has this been brought up before? Outside of a state series, I don't see where Cross Country benefits having them? Between B3R, FLYRA and FLRunners, how can things change to make this not ok?
Have they provided you anything in the 15+ years?

What do they provide? Has this been brought up before? Outside of a state series, I don't see where Cross Country benefits having them?

Between B3R, FLYRA and FLRunners, how can things change to make this not ok?

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.