XC fundraising for uniform
08/21/2017 9:22:45 PM
Power User
@dcoach I would contact his coach directly.
@dcoach I would contact his coach directly.
08/21/2017 9:35:02 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
It sounds like they want the kids to really fund raise. Not all kids take it seriously. I would be willing to bet that this approach is against county rules. if you post the county I bet a coach would be willing to tell you about the county rules.
It sounds like they want the kids to really fund raise. Not all kids take it seriously. I would be willing to bet that this approach is against county rules. if you post the county I bet a coach would be willing to tell you about the county rules.
08/22/2017 6:46:24 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Fund raising is an ugly fact of life. My school does not contribute a dime to the XC program. We do get a school bus now and then. I never want to tell my team families that they need to pay a certain amount of money to be on the team, but i do expect all runners to take part and finish all fundraisers for the team. If they refuse to fund raise I have a difficult time keeping them on the team. I have never used this email system but I have, in the past, used addresses supplied by the runners for donation requests. I can understand how a coach may withhold a uniform until their fund raising is complete. Waiting for parents after meets and fund raising are my two worst parts of coaching.
Fund raising is an ugly fact of life. My school does not contribute a dime to the XC program. We do get a school bus now and then. I never want to tell my team families that they need to pay a certain amount of money to be on the team, but i do expect all runners to take part and finish all fundraisers for the team. If they refuse to fund raise I have a difficult time keeping them on the team. I have never used this email system but I have, in the past, used addresses supplied by the runners for donation requests. I can understand how a coach may withhold a uniform until their fund raising is complete. Waiting for parents after meets and fund raising are my two worst parts of coaching.
08/22/2017 8:55:26 AM
Admin
@dcoach The first step should always be to reach out to the coach. The more you talk to others, you will likely let something simple escalate. Plus starting a trend of skipping over the coach's head to report something or even avoiding addressing concerns directly make a very uncomfortable relationship. If you have spoken to the coach and disagree with the response, then the next step is to go to the AD. Then the principal, then someone at the county level.
@dcoach The first step should always be to reach out to the coach. The more you talk to others, you will likely let something simple escalate. Plus starting a trend of skipping over the coach's head to report something or even avoiding addressing concerns directly make a very uncomfortable relationship. If you have spoken to the coach and disagree with the response, then the next step is to go to the AD. Then the principal, then someone at the county level.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.