Multiple FLRunners Profiles
10/28/2017 7:34:20 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Since the FHSAA uses the enrollment lists from school, some of our kids have had multiple profiles created. For example, we have 2 girls named Caitlin on our team. One goes by Caiti, and the other by Katie. Both have multiple profiles because when we enter their names in meets, we use Caiti or Katie. When FHSAA grabs their names from official school records, they grab Caitlin. What should we do to a.) rectify the dual profiles; and b.) prevent this from happening in the future?
Since the FHSAA uses the enrollment lists from school, some of our kids have had multiple profiles created. For example, we have 2 girls named Caitlin on our team. One goes by Caiti, and the other by Katie. Both have multiple profiles because when we enter their names in meets, we use Caiti or Katie. When FHSAA grabs their names from official school records, they grab Caitlin. What should we do to a.) rectify the dual profiles; and b.) prevent this from happening in the future?
10/29/2017 3:38:40 AM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@goldilox If you email Todd he can get the duplicates merged for you. And hopefully when going through results maybe he can be looking out for it. This kinda thing happens... we had a few years back two girls, same grade, both named Katy Solis from Estero believe it or not! That was always interesting to keep straight! We had to rely on middle initial!
@goldilox If you email Todd he can get the duplicates merged for you. And hopefully when going through results maybe he can be looking out for it. This kinda thing happens... we had a few years back two girls, same grade, both named Katy Solis from Estero believe it or not! That was always interesting to keep straight! We had to rely on middle initial!
10/29/2017 8:16:03 AM
Admin
@goldilox This is actually one of the small reasons the FHSAA is hesitant to using MileSplit as their exclusive registration site. Coaches should always use the legal names when creating their athlete profiles. Their is a place to put nicknames and aliases. However most do not take the time to do this. When the MileSplit staff is trying to load hundreds of meets during the week, it is impossible for us to know all of the kids on a team. The example Jason mentioned above is actually quite common. There are several athletes with the same name in the same city. There are also several athletes with siblings that have almost the same name, but it just one letter off. It is harder for us to split apart two athletes merged incorrectly than it is to just create another profile, hence the multiple profiles sometimes. Feel free to email me also if you notice duplicate profiles. Coach Sumner LFCSumner3@aol.com
@goldilox This is actually one of the small reasons the FHSAA is hesitant to using MileSplit as their exclusive registration site. Coaches should always use the legal names when creating their athlete profiles. Their is a place to put nicknames and aliases. However most do not take the time to do this.

When the MileSplit staff is trying to load hundreds of meets during the week, it is impossible for us to know all of the kids on a team. The example Jason mentioned above is actually quite common. There are several athletes with the same name in the same city. There are also several athletes with siblings that have almost the same name, but it just one letter off. It is harder for us to split apart two athletes merged incorrectly than it is to just create another profile, hence the multiple profiles sometimes.

Feel free to email me also if you notice duplicate profiles.

Coach Sumner
LFCSumner3@aol.com
10/29/2017 8:42:12 AM
Coach
@LFCSumner3 Like one of my families, with 6 boys, that include 2 sets of twins. I can't even get their names right. :-S:-p
@LFCSumner3
Like one of my families, with 6 boys, that include 2 sets of twins. I can't even get their names right.
10/29/2017 9:23:42 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@LSFRED @LSFRED First of all, have you given that mom a medal, or let her know there's a special place in heaven for her - 6 boys & 2 sets of twins??? I can't even imagine! We will email the legal and nicknames of our 2 girls asap. Just know that both of these kids have been running since middle school, with different coaches along the way, so their profiles were created long before we got involved :)
@LSFRED @LSFRED First of all, have you given that mom a medal, or let her know there's a special place in heaven for her - 6 boys & 2 sets of twins??? I can't even imagine! We will email the legal and nicknames of our 2 girls asap. Just know that both of these kids have been running since middle school, with different coaches along the way, so their profiles were created long before we got involved :)
10/29/2017 3:25:47 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Catch Coach Sumner sitting at his computer and he will hook you up in a couple minutes! Just the way he rolls!
Catch Coach Sumner sitting at his computer and he will hook you up in a couple minutes! Just the way he rolls!
10/29/2017 9:32:56 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Ditto what Jason said and I just made a forum post on this. It happens. We've probably entered 10,000 performances this week. Just emails us and we'll get it fixed.
Ditto what Jason said and I just made a forum post on this. It happens. We've probably entered 10,000 performances this week. Just emails us and we'll get it fixed.
10/30/2017 9:53:24 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
I really need to get mine cleaned up ! I shall be emailing someone soon ! :-]. I also have some kids who no longer run for me ,but for another school !
I really need to get mine cleaned up ! I shall be emailing someone soon ! . I also have some kids who no longer run for me ,but for another school !

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.