FHSAA 2A Region 1 2017
11/04/2017 6:33:22 PM
Coach
Girls results?
Girls results?
11/04/2017 7:19:46 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
I have not seen 2A girls or 3A boys results yet for that regional...and i checked the timing website. As soon as they pop up I will post them.
I have not seen 2A girls or 3A boys results yet for that regional...and i checked the timing website. As soon as they pop up I will post them.
11/04/2017 8:08:46 PM
Power User
@TGrasley http://www.halfmiletiming.com/live-results/2017/11.4.17b3rregional/110417fhsaa2ar1b3rfemale.htm http://www.halfmiletiming.com/live-results/2017/11.4.17b3rregional/110417fhsaa3ar1b3rmale.htm They were up 5 minutes after the race finished......
@TGrasley http://www.halfmiletiming.com/live-results/2017/11.4.17b3rregional/110417fhsaa2ar1b3rfemale.htm

http://www.halfmiletiming.com/live-results/2017/11.4.17b3rregional/110417fhsaa3ar1b3rmale.htm

They were up 5 minutes after the race finished......
11/04/2017 10:14:36 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
1A Girls & 2A Girls link - "results are not available at this time...." Also, not on FHSAA.org.
1A Girls & 2A Girls link - "results are not available at this time...." Also, not on FHSAA.org.
11/04/2017 10:31:05 PM
Power User
@TGrasley Just checked it again on my laptop, my iphone and my ipad. Results pulled up on all three devices. So not sure what is wrong on your end.
@TGrasley Just checked it again on my laptop, my iphone and my ipad. Results pulled up on all three devices. So not sure what is wrong on your end.
11/04/2017 10:32:34 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Just saw you made it live. Thank you.
Just saw you made it live. Thank you.
11/04/2017 10:34:01 PM
Power User
@TGrasley Live since this morning! B-)
@TGrasley Live since this morning!
11/06/2017 8:34:21 AM
Power User
@JannyM Sorry you were having a hard time finding the results on Saturday. We posted all results within a few minutes of each race finishing at www.halfmiletiming.com and used that site for announcing. It was the reported site for results of that meet. They then are required to be sent (after all administrative tasks are complete) to www.fhsaa.org where they are posted as well. Normally that could take up to 24 hours or so. I was located at packet pickup and was looking up results as well for people dropping off chips all morning. Many times for quick results you need to go to the site of the timer that is working the event. Most of us in the state have our sites for just that reason. And many more of those that do not maintain their own site, have space on FLRunners or school sites where they post results quickly. Check with each event to see where the results are being posted for quick results. The FLRunners staff then collects and formats as many results as they can to add to the database. That takes time depending on the volume of events. I'm sure they are going as fast as they can, but as an example they had 16 regions to cover at 9 venues this weekend. It was disappointing to see that the FLRunners webmaster responded with a "pass the buck" response 2 times and then a "now you have done it correctly" response to cover the delay. In the future, check the timers site where the results are normally up quickly (and continue to refresh the page if you are not seeing results when you feel you should). Then check back periodically to see when they are loaded into the FLRunners database if you are wanting other features. Please know that everyone is trying to serve the public as quickly and accurately as possible. Thanks for your interest, Scott Peters Half-Mile Timing, Inc.
@JannyM

Sorry you were having a hard time finding the results on Saturday. We posted all results within a few minutes of each race finishing at www.halfmiletiming.com and used that site for announcing. It was the reported site for results of that meet. They then are required to be sent (after all administrative tasks are complete) to www.fhsaa.org where they are posted as well. Normally that could take up to 24 hours or so. I was located at packet pickup and was looking up results as well for people dropping off chips all morning.

Many times for quick results you need to go to the site of the timer that is working the event. Most of us in the state have our sites for just that reason. And many more of those that do not maintain their own site, have space on FLRunners or school sites where they post results quickly. Check with each event to see where the results are being posted for quick results.

The FLRunners staff then collects and formats as many results as they can to add to the database. That takes time depending on the volume of events. I'm sure they are going as fast as they can, but as an example they had 16 regions to cover at 9 venues this weekend.

It was disappointing to see that the FLRunners webmaster responded with a "pass the buck" response 2 times and then a "now you have done it correctly" response to cover the delay. In the future, check the timers site where the results are normally up quickly (and continue to refresh the page if you are not seeing results when you feel you should). Then check back periodically to see when they are loaded into the FLRunners database if you are wanting other features.

Please know that everyone is trying to serve the public as quickly and accurately as possible.

Thanks for your interest,
Scott Peters
Half-Mile Timing, Inc.
11/06/2017 9:38:14 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
I was there the day of the regional event and there were definitely issues. I was able to access the live results, but 2 people next to me kept getting the error message "results unavailable." Later that day, I received the same error when I attempted to access the results for all except 3A. Maybe too many people were trying at the same time, I don't know..
I was there the day of the regional event and there were definitely issues. I was able to access the live results, but 2 people next to me kept getting the error message "results unavailable." Later that day, I received the same error when I attempted to access the results for all except 3A. Maybe too many people were trying at the same time, I don't know..
11/06/2017 9:49:36 AM
Coach
I had the updated results within minutes and again access all day. The trick for halfmile timing is that you need to hit refresh and it comes up straight away.
I had the updated results within minutes and again access all day. The trick for halfmile timing is that you need to hit refresh and it comes up straight away.
11/06/2017 10:00:19 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Hi all, just to echo what Scott said. They post the results on their site live as soon as it is over as do most timing companies. I was covering meets this weekend and getting meet coverage up as well. We then try to add the results and performances as soon as we can. Sometimes its minutes after they post on their sites other times it takes a little longer. We're all going as fast as we can.
Hi all, just to echo what Scott said. They post the results on their site live as soon as it is over as do most timing companies. I was covering meets this weekend and getting meet coverage up as well. We then try to add the results and performances as soon as we can. Sometimes its minutes after they post on their sites other times it takes a little longer. We're all going as fast as we can.
11/06/2017 11:12:57 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=kmowlam]I had the updated results within minutes and again access all day. The trick for halfmile timing is that you need to hit refresh and it comes up straight away.[/quote] This. If you just hit the link to each race you will get no results yet. But while on that page if you hit the refresh button they will come up.
kmowlam wrote:

This. If you just hit the link to each race you will get no results yet. But while on that page if you hit the refresh button they will come up.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.