Adds
04/16/2018 7:08:41 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I get the need for advertisements, but what can be done about the pop up add that doesn't go away after it plays. I have an Asics add that pops up on my iPhone whenever I try to access the discussion board.
I get the need for advertisements, but what can be done about the pop up add that doesn't go away after it plays. I have an Asics add that pops up on my iPhone whenever I try to access the discussion board.
04/16/2018 7:46:29 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
You are the 2nd person thats mentioned that today. I will bring it up to our ad ops team.
You are the 2nd person thats mentioned that today. I will bring it up to our ad ops team.
04/16/2018 7:53:32 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Thanks
Thanks
04/16/2018 8:03:23 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I have had the same problem intermittently with my iphone and the discussion forum.
I have had the same problem intermittently with my iphone and the discussion forum.
04/16/2018 8:26:27 PM
Power User
Samsung same thing...I dont mind watching the add but there is no x to close after and if you refresh it just comes up again...and again..and again
Samsung same thing...I dont mind watching the add but there is no x to close after and if you refresh it just comes up again...and again..and again
04/16/2018 9:13:07 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
I am having our ads team look into it now. It is not intended.
I am having our ads team look into it now. It is not intended.
04/17/2018 6:36:28 AM
Power User
@jason sure says the Mogul while stroking his Cat slowly in his rotating rocket chair cackling at us peons
@jason
sure says the Mogul while stroking his Cat slowly in his rotating rocket chair cackling at us peons
04/17/2018 11:17:43 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=francee]I have had the same problem intermittently with my iphone and the discussion forum.[/quote] @francee I've never had that problem. I just don't pay for Data on my flip phone....
francee wrote:

@francee

I've never had that problem. I just don't pay for Data on my flip phone....
04/17/2018 11:39:18 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@multijumps Well, you must be carrying your computer around judging by your presence on the forum! I have to say your posts are well written and well thought out. My conclusion would be that since you don't have a smart phone you must be very old and wise. Well, old at least.... haha
@multijumps

Well, you must be carrying your computer around judging by your presence on the forum! I have to say your posts are well written and well thought out. My conclusion would be that since you don't have a smart phone you must be very old and wise. Well, old at least.... haha
04/17/2018 8:34:36 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=francee]@multijumps Well, you must be carrying your computer around judging by your presence on the forum! I have to say your posts are well written and well thought out. My conclusion would be that since you don't have a smart phone you must be very old and wise. Well, old at least.... haha[/quote] @francee Well let me put my walker aside and allow me to retort. Keep on the lookout as my message has been sent via carrier pigeon....the original "tweet."
francee wrote:
@multijumps

Well, you must be carrying your computer around judging by your presence on the forum! I have to say your posts are well written and well thought out. My conclusion would be that since you don't have a smart phone you must be very old and wise. Well, old at least.... haha

@francee Well let me put my walker aside and allow me to retort. Keep on the lookout as my message has been sent via carrier pigeon....the original "tweet."
04/22/2018 2:45:47 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Fixed the problem with the Asics add , now it's a Rocket Mortgage add that pops up and doesn't close.
Fixed the problem with the Asics add , now it's a Rocket Mortgage add that pops up and doesn't close.
04/22/2018 8:13:09 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@altimari Yeah, I am frustrated with it. I have been asking our ad folks to take care of that problem for past week. It's only supposed to run those regular, flat, non-intrusive ads. For some reason it's running the wrong unit. Anyway, I am on their case about it but I think tomorrow I am going to have our developers simply pull the top ad unit off of the forum completely to brute force remedy the situation. Sorry for the annoyance.
@altimari Yeah, I am frustrated with it. I have been asking our ad folks to take care of that problem for past week. It's only supposed to run those regular, flat, non-intrusive ads. For some reason it's running the wrong unit.

Anyway, I am on their case about it but I think tomorrow I am going to have our developers simply pull the top ad unit off of the forum completely to brute force remedy the situation.

Sorry for the annoyance.
04/22/2018 8:51:42 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Thanks Jason. Trying not to sound like a whiner. I just use the iPhone more than the iPad.
Thanks Jason. Trying not to sound like a whiner. I just use the iPhone more than the iPad.
04/23/2018 10:02:20 AM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@altimari I know you're not. The user experience on mobile when those ads were displayed made the forum unusable. Literally. So it's not acceptable. Our developers removed the top ad unit from the forum pages this morning until we're sure we have a firm grasp on only non-intrusive ads there.
@altimari I know you're not. The user experience on mobile when those ads were displayed made the forum unusable. Literally. So it's not acceptable.

Our developers removed the top ad unit from the forum pages this morning until we're sure we have a firm grasp on only non-intrusive ads there.
04/23/2018 10:42:03 AM
Power User
@jason Great! Thanks for the fix.
@jason

Great! Thanks for the fix.
04/23/2018 2:09:19 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@altimari I have had the same problem on my phone
@altimari
I have had the same problem on my phone

You must be logged in to comment.