Photos
11/11/2018 4:22:43 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Where are the meet photos and the video???
Where are the meet photos and the video???
11/12/2018 10:07:54 AM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@Jberne65 I am speaking third hand here, but I heard that we were not allowed to post more than a few photos per classification due to an FHSAA contract with a third party photographer.
@Jberne65 I am speaking third hand here, but I heard that we were not allowed to post more than a few photos per classification due to an FHSAA contract with a third party photographer.
11/12/2018 11:12:32 AM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=jason3]@Jberne65 I am speaking third hand here, but I heard that we were not allowed to post more than a few photos per classification due to an FHSAA contract with a third party photographer.[/quote] This is correct. On Friday, November 9, I was informed by the Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA) that only 30 photos per classification are permitted to be uploaded onto the Florida MileSplit website. As members of the Florida running community, you count on our extensive coverage that includes every athlete and every classification at the state meet. Unfortunately, due to this new rule by the FHSAA, we are required to limit our coverage to only 30 photos per classification (15 per race).
jason3 wrote:

This is correct.

On Friday, November 9, I was informed by the Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA) that only 30 photos per classification are permitted to be uploaded onto the Florida MileSplit website.

As members of the Florida running community, you count on our extensive coverage that includes every athlete and every classification at the state meet. Unfortunately, due to this new rule by the FHSAA, we are required to limit our coverage to only 30 photos per classification (15 per race).
11/12/2018 1:41:13 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Sooooo.....is this "3rd party" photographer going to post pics somewhere?
Sooooo.....is this "3rd party" photographer going to post pics somewhere?
11/12/2018 1:45:42 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@jdpsu Just did some searching. Main Light Events has the exclusive photography deal for the FHSAA State Championship in every sport. You can find their photos for the XC State Meet here: [url=http://www.mainlightevents.com/store/thumbpage.aspx?e=10345753]http://www.mainlightevents.com/store/thumbpage.aspx?e=10345753[/url]
@jdpsu Just did some searching. Main Light Events has the exclusive photography deal for the FHSAA State Championship in every sport. You can find their photos for the XC State Meet here:
http://www.mainlightevents.com/store/thumbpage.aspx?e=10345753
11/12/2018 2:36:36 PM
Power User
@Adair Lyden Just a FYI. This is not new or unknown. Has been in place for a few years. I don’t know how you would go about bidding to be the exclusive provider, but that may be an opportunity you want to look at moving forward. Seems much like their deal with Team IP for apparel. Global across all sports. I also don’t know if extends to the full series or just the State Finals. Worth checking out!
@Adair Lyden

Just a FYI. This is not new or unknown. Has been in place for a few years. I don't know how you would go about bidding to be the exclusive provider, but that may be an opportunity you want to look at moving forward. Seems much like their deal with Team IP for apparel. Global across all sports.

I also don't know if extends to the full series or just the State Finals. Worth checking out!
11/13/2018 1:09:40 PM
Power User
Over the past few years, FLRunners has been allowed to post all race pictures at the State Meet (Cross and Track), the only rule was taking the paywall down. The FHSAA would rather make money off these photos from a third-party, then let these kids get to see pictures of them racing. Really hope the board of principles and AD's that make up the FHSAA committee can force this group to put athletes interests before their pockets.
Over the past few years, FLRunners has been allowed to post all race pictures at the State Meet (Cross and Track), the only rule was taking the paywall down. The FHSAA would rather make money off these photos from a third-party, then let these kids get to see pictures of them racing. Really hope the board of principles and AD's that make up the FHSAA committee can force this group to put athletes interests before their pockets.
11/14/2018 7:01:13 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Thanks for posting. I was scratching my head wondering where to find pictures
Thanks for posting. I was scratching my head wondering where to find pictures

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.