Qualification Standards for MS State Finals
12/27/2018 5:20:08 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Coach Epstein, or whoever else might know, will there be changes to the qualification standards for the Middle School state finals for the upcoming track & field season? Where can we find current standards listed? Also, I am working with a public school in Pasco county and none of the meets held in the county include the 4x800. Is it possible to qualify by combining the 800 times of 4 runners if they are never able to run the actual 4x800 in a meet because none of their meets include it? We don't run the 3200 or 3000 here either, but I will bring my 3000 meter athlete to your meet in April, Dan.
Coach Epstein, or whoever else might know, will there be changes to the qualification standards for the Middle School state finals for the upcoming track & field season? Where can we find current standards listed?
Also, I am working with a public school in Pasco county and none of the meets held in the county include the 4x800. Is it possible to qualify by combining the 800 times of 4 runners if they are never able to run the actual 4x800 in a meet because none of their meets include it? We don't run the 3200 or 3000 here either, but I will bring my 3000 meter athlete to your meet in April, Dan.
12/27/2018 5:54:08 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@CoachHoward We might change the 3000 times but that may be it. I bet if you asked you could run a 4x800 while they do their field events.
@CoachHoward We might change the 3000 times but that may be it. I bet if you asked you could run a 4x800 while they do their field events.
12/27/2018 8:19:33 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@coacheppa Thanks, Dan. Brings another concern to mind. None of the meets around here use FAT until we get to the conference championship meet. Will see if they are willing to run a 4x800 during field events at that meet. Your meet in late April going to have a 4x800?
@coacheppa Thanks, Dan. Brings another concern to mind. None of the meets around here use FAT until we get to the conference championship meet. Will see if they are willing to run a 4x800 during field events at that meet. Your meet in late April going to have a 4x800?
01/02/2019 10:22:52 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@CoachHoward- This is Coach Jenkins with Power House Athletics based out of Orlando. If you still need to qualify a 4x800, we are running one during our meet on 5/4/19 @ Showalter Field in Winter Park. Please check our schedule for details.
@CoachHoward- This is Coach Jenkins with Power House Athletics based out of Orlando. If you still need to qualify a 4x800, we are running one during our meet on 5/4/19 @ Showalter Field in Winter Park. Please check our schedule for details.
01/03/2019 11:02:01 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@CJJenkins Thanks for the info and heads up on the meet. Do athletes have to be AAU members to participate? These are public middle school kids and I don't think any are AAU athletes at this time.
@CJJenkins Thanks for the info and heads up on the meet. Do athletes have to be AAU members to participate? These are public middle school kids and I don't think any are AAU athletes at this time.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.