6 graders registered as Elementary
05/01/2019 11:05:39 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Why are 6 graders and 13-14 year olds running Elementary?
Why are 6 graders and 13-14 year olds running Elementary?
05/02/2019 8:13:09 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@ZAPZOOM Because their coaches cant read=) I would question kids being allowed to run at 15 in the middle school division before this question though (I would guess the majority of the boys records are from 15 year old athletes).
@ZAPZOOM

Because their coaches cant read=) I would question kids being allowed to run at 15 in the middle school division before this question though (I would guess the majority of the boys records are from 15 year old athletes).
05/02/2019 8:42:08 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@ZAPZOOM Same reason why 6th, 7th and 8th graders from Private Schools are racing with HS runners for Districts, Regional and States. It's backwards. Just get use to it... rules are wacky for FHSAA.
@ZAPZOOM Same reason why 6th, 7th and 8th graders from Private Schools are racing with HS runners for Districts, Regional and States. It's backwards. Just get use to it... rules are wacky for FHSAA.
05/02/2019 9:16:46 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@CoachGoingRogue FHSAA doesn't host or have anything to do with FLYRA......
@CoachGoingRogue

FHSAA doesn't host or have anything to do with FLYRA......
05/02/2019 10:02:43 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@ERYRC1 Sounds like the meet need regulations
@ERYRC1

Sounds like the meet need regulations
05/02/2019 12:51:44 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@ZAPZOOM You are probably right about the need for regulations. Once I attended a FHSAA compliance seminar, the best demonstration that the FHSAA did that got a point across, was lay down the FHSAA manual and say....the reason for all these, is someone try to exploit the grey areas. If you want more oversight and regulations and see a need for it....then we also need to appreciate it. If an "older kid" is officially attending a middle school and has a report card from that school, then he is in middle school. If a kid is found out to have participated in the middle school meet and is in 9th thru 12th grade and gets a report card that lists him in the 9th thru 12th grade. Then they get disqualified. Same applies for the elementary divisions. If we see a kid is registered and has a grade of 9th and higher, usually we call them and ask. Most of the time, we find it's unintentionally inputted wrong. Laura
@ZAPZOOM
You are probably right about the need for regulations.
Once I attended a FHSAA compliance seminar, the best demonstration that the FHSAA did that got a point across, was lay down the FHSAA manual and say....the reason for all these, is someone try to exploit the grey areas. If you want more oversight and regulations and see a need for it....then we also need to appreciate it.
If an "older kid" is officially attending a middle school and has a report card from that school, then he is in middle school.
If a kid is found out to have participated in the middle school meet and is in 9th thru 12th grade and gets a report card that lists him in the 9th thru 12th grade. Then they get disqualified.
Same applies for the elementary divisions.
If we see a kid is registered and has a grade of 9th and higher, usually we call them and ask. Most of the time, we find it's unintentionally inputted wrong.
Laura
05/02/2019 1:13:59 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@ZAPZOOM6th if you see a 6th grader in elementary. send me an email. I can follow up on it. Laura Lauraf4584@gmail.com
@ZAPZOOM6th
if you see a 6th grader in elementary. send me an email. I can follow up on it.
Laura
Lauraf4584@gmail.com
05/05/2019 9:37:40 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
My question is , if you’re 15 as of the year and is in middle school, Can you compete in the middle school competition?
My question is , if you're 15 as of the year and is in middle school, Can you compete in the middle school competition?
05/05/2019 12:51:31 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@curtiswilliams22 It has been allowed since the meet was organized a few years ago.
@curtiswilliams22

It has been allowed since the meet was organized a few years ago.
05/05/2019 1:03:34 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@curtiswilliams22 Does the athlete currently compete for their middle school? Do they wear a uniform for their school? If they are a club athlete, where do they go to school? a middle school? a private K-8th or K-12th? Does their report card reflect what grade they are in? Laura
@curtiswilliams22
Does the athlete currently compete for their middle school? Do they wear a uniform for their school?
If they are a club athlete, where do they go to school? a middle school? a private K-8th or K-12th? Does their report card reflect what grade they are in?
Laura

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.