FHSAA schools opting out
09/21/2020 3:42:59 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Any word on what schools have decided to opt out of the state series and how that impacts the District and Region meets (locations, teams, etc)?
Any word on what schools have decided to opt out of the state series and how that impacts the District and Region meets (locations, teams, etc)?
09/21/2020 3:46:32 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@crobertson33 Emailed Alex this morning...we will have it before end of next week... There will be changes
@crobertson33
Emailed Alex this morning...we will have it before end of next week...
There will be changes
09/21/2020 5:31:26 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
[b]Miami-Dade County (GMAC) Schools[/b] From the little I know in Dade-County there is [b]ONLY SIX[/b] schools that have opted to compete in the FHSAA State Series. Found that crazy (but it did not surprise me). The big question for Alex O. is how and when will they make adjustments to the District Meet and Regional Meet?? Kuddos to those 6 schools.!!
Miami-Dade County (GMAC) Schools

From the little I know in Dade-County there is ONLY SIX schools that have opted to compete in the FHSAA State Series. Found that crazy (but it did not surprise me). The big question for Alex O. is how and when will they make adjustments to the District Meet and Regional Meet??

Kuddos to those 6 schools.!!
09/21/2020 7:43:34 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@Gooch7 He said by next Friday...
@Gooch7
He said by next Friday...
09/21/2020 8:37:45 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Reported by the South Florida Sun Sentinel this afternoon. The athletic associations for the Broward and Palm Beach public schools have opted out of the state series for fall sports, as announced by representatives of both counties. As most of those schools fall into the 4A and 3A classifications, there will most likely be major restructuring for those two groups.
Reported by the South Florida Sun Sentinel this afternoon. The athletic associations for the Broward and Palm Beach public schools have opted out of the state series for fall sports, as announced by representatives of both counties. As most of those schools fall into the 4A and 3A classifications, there will most likely be major restructuring for those two groups.
09/21/2020 9:04:07 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Who opted in from Miami?
Who opted in from Miami?
09/21/2020 10:01:38 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@Amb2021 As stated above would have to be a non public school. You can look at rankings and what schools are racing. If it’s only 6, these 6 appear to be racing for their respective schools currently. Belen Columbus Coral Reef G Holmes Braddock St. Brendan Calvary Christian Best of luck to everyone! October should be exciting!!!
@Amb2021

As stated above would have to be a non public school. You can look at rankings and what schools are racing. If it's only 6, these 6 appear to be racing for their respective schools currently.

Belen
Columbus
Coral Reef
G Holmes Braddock
St. Brendan
Calvary Christian

Best of luck to everyone! October should be exciting!!!
09/22/2020 10:58:52 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Since almost all AAA and AAAA schools in Southeast Florida have opted out(and that is 1/4 of the states AAA and AAAA schools), I would think the the statewide numbers separating A, AA etc will change. If not, the vast majority of teams in state will now be A and AA. In fact nearly twice as many A and AA versus AAA and AAAA The other issue in Southeast Florida is that there are no public venues that are yet allowing groups of the size that a district meets or a region meet will require. A South Florida district or region meet might have to be outside of Southeast Florida. Although some of the private schools in Southeast Florida have opted "in come hell or high water", the reality is that most of the private schools which have opted in are "in" have done so with the hope or expectation that state series meets will be small and managed well (meaning managed in terms of COVID guidelines), and will not involved travel issues. If the district or regional meets in southeast Florida are large assemblies (without what is viewed as adequately cautious), some schools that opted in will opt out. Athletically speaking, Florida is two states right now.
Since almost all AAA and AAAA schools in Southeast Florida have opted out(and that is 1/4 of the states AAA and AAAA schools), I would think the the statewide numbers separating A, AA etc will change. If not, the vast majority of teams in state will now be A and AA. In fact nearly twice as many A and AA versus AAA and AAAA

The other issue in Southeast Florida is that there are no public venues that are yet allowing groups of the size that a district meets or a region meet will require. A South Florida district or region meet might have to be outside of Southeast Florida.

Although some of the private schools in Southeast Florida have opted "in come hell or high water", the reality is that most of the private schools which have opted in are "in" have done so with the hope or expectation that state series meets will be small and managed well (meaning managed in terms of COVID guidelines), and will not involved travel issues. If the district or regional meets in southeast Florida are large assemblies (without what is viewed as adequately cautious), some schools that opted in will opt out.

Athletically speaking, Florida is two states right now.
09/22/2020 11:24:02 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Finding districts and region hosts is going to be a mess. I hope I am wrong.
Finding districts and region hosts is going to be a mess. I hope I am wrong.
09/22/2020 12:27:22 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@Gooch7 Not surprising... there will are no parks southeast of Lake Okeechobee that are likely to allow to assemblies of over 50 people. Opting in is a commitment beyond anything that is normal.
@Gooch7

Not surprising... there will are no parks southeast of Lake Okeechobee that are likely to allow to assemblies of over 50 people. Opting in is a commitment beyond anything that is normal.
09/22/2020 12:42:57 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I imagine Fhsaa already has an idea of the trouble spots and I think that will drive the redistricting process. More schools are going to have to host on campus which may limit the field size. OUr original host was North Port so i guess our district might be 20-25 schools where as another district might be 7-10. To have a season, I am willing to load up the vans and drive.
I imagine Fhsaa already has an idea of the trouble spots and I think that will drive the redistricting process. More schools are going to have to host on campus which may limit the field size. OUr original host was North Port so i guess our district might be 20-25 schools where as another district might be 7-10. To have a season, I am willing to load up the vans and drive.
09/22/2020 12:55:08 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@Longhorn I notified FHSAA that we are willing to host your dis and reg meets if need be here in Melbourne.
@Longhorn I notified FHSAA that we are willing to host your dis and reg meets if need be here in Melbourne.
09/22/2020 1:06:38 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@coachbutler Sounds good I will put in for a full day sub once you tell me the dates
@coachbutler
Sounds good I will put in for a full day sub once you tell me the dates
09/22/2020 1:11:39 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@Longhorn We are hosting our dis and reg meets on Oct 31 and Nov 7, So I let FHSAA know we can do multiple on those days if they need.
@Longhorn We are hosting our dis and reg meets on Oct 31 and Nov 7, So I let FHSAA know we can do multiple on those days if they need.
09/22/2020 3:12:30 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@CoachBarr Was curious if they are thinking about realigning the regions post these opting out decisions. There are numerous schools in central Florida that were made to travel to palm beach area for regionals. Seeing how we aren’t allowed to race outside of the county are they thinking about this realignment ?
@CoachBarr

Was curious if they are thinking about realigning the regions post these opting out decisions. There are numerous schools in central Florida that were made to travel to palm beach area for regionals. Seeing how we aren't allowed to race outside of the county are they thinking about this realignment ?
09/22/2020 8:23:36 PM
User
@Coach_JLaFollette I have reserved Alligator Lake Park in Lake City for Wednesday, Thursday & Friday the week of districts so that we can host several districts if need be. Once the district reassignments come out and the schools meet again B3R Sports will be happy to host your district. Email me if you have any questions. dusty@b3rsports.com
@Coach_JLaFollette I have reserved Alligator Lake Park in Lake City for Wednesday, Thursday & Friday the week of districts so that we can host several districts if need be.

Once the district reassignments come out and the schools meet again B3R Sports will be happy to host your district.

Email me if you have any questions.

dusty@b3rsports.com
09/23/2020 10:11:46 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Just like Coach Butler and Dusty. I told Alex we be willing to host races at Holloway park in Lakeland.
Just like Coach Butler and Dusty. I told Alex we be willing to host races at Holloway park in Lakeland.
09/23/2020 11:58:04 AM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@mbecker maybe on the east coast but the west coast south of the Lake are plenty open
@mbecker
maybe on the east coast but the west coast south of the Lake are plenty open
09/23/2020 2:46:11 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
I believe Columbus is the only team in 4A Reg 4 that has raced this year.
I believe Columbus is the only team in 4A Reg 4 that has raced this year.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.