Looking for GISA meets
02/18/2009 9:07:39 PM
User
I am a GISA athlete and I just found out that I can't compete in most meets on the calendar because they are GHSA. Can anyone tell me where there will be a good GISA meet?
I am a GISA athlete and I just found out that I can't compete in most meets on the calendar because they are GHSA. Can anyone tell me where there will be a good GISA meet?
02/18/2009 10:40:13 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
There are not many GISA meets on the Calendar, you are right. I would say, 95% of the Track and XC programs in GISA are not aware this site exists. We have tried to get the word out. And welcome these schools to have Team Pages and turn in Results. I competed in the GISA(30 years ago) and Track and Field at that time was a disorganized mess. Word is, many of the larger GISA schools will be defecting to the GHSA in the coming years, starting with First Prebyterian Day in 2010.
There are not many GISA meets on the Calendar, you are right. I would say, 95% of the Track and XC programs in GISA are not aware this site exists. We have tried to get the word out. And welcome these schools to have Team Pages and turn in Results. I competed in the GISA(30 years ago) and Track and Field at that time was a disorganized mess. Word is, many of the larger GISA schools will be defecting to the GHSA in the coming years, starting with First Prebyterian Day in 2010.
02/19/2009 11:47:43 AM
Coach
Have your coach contact the GISA office and inquire about a master schedule. I know there are lots of GISA meets during the season - especially in the Macon area. I think Stratford, DeSales, Tattnal and FPD probably host at least two or three each.
Have your coach contact the GISA office and inquire about a master schedule. I know there are lots of GISA meets during the season - especially in the Macon area. I think Stratford, DeSales, Tattnal and FPD probably host at least two or three each.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.