Sectionals In Tuscaloosa
03/27/2010 7:52:30 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
American Christian Academy will be hosting the 1A-Section 1, 2A-Section 2, and the 5A-Section 4 Sectionals at the University of Alabama Track on Friday, April 23 and Saturday, April 24. Click on the link below to find out important information regarding the meet schedule and directions. [attachment=/uploads/user_files/5306/track, sectional info 2010.pdf]track, sectional info 2010.pdf[/attachment] Please do not forget that you will need to turn in this Form either prior to or on the day of the Sectional. [attachment=/uploads/user_files/5306/track, form 52.pdf]track, form 52.pdf[/attachment]
American Christian Academy will be hosting the 1A-Section 1, 2A-Section 2, and the 5A-Section 4 Sectionals at the University of Alabama Track on Friday, April 23 and Saturday, April 24.

Click on the link below to find out important information regarding the meet schedule and directions.

Please do not forget that you will need to turn in this Form either prior to or on the day of the Sectional.

03/28/2010 9:52:12 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
The AHSAA changed some event minimums for 2010. They also added a minimum for the 1600. Click on the link below to see what the minimums will be this year in 1A, 2A, and 5A: [url=/uploads/user_files/5306/track, state qualifying minimums 2010 v 4.6.pdf]track, state qualifying minimums 2010 v 4.6.pdf[/url]
The AHSAA changed some event minimums for 2010. They also added a minimum for the 1600. Click on the link below to see what the minimums will be this year in 1A, 2A, and 5A:

track, state qualifying minimums 2010 v 4.6.pdf
03/30/2010 11:36:59 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Registration for all three Sections are OPEN NOW at [url]coacho.com[/url]. Registration will close on Sunday, April 18 at 11:59 pm. You will need the four letter codes listed beside your schedule to register on coacho. [u][b]AHSAA Class 1A Section 1[/b][/u] Autaugaville (AUTA), Billingsley (BILL), J.U. Blacksher (JUBL), Butler County Magnet(BCMA), Florala (FLOR), John Essex (JOES), A. L. Johnson (JOHN), Linden (LIND), Loachapoka (LOAC), Maplesville (MAPL), Marengo (MARE), McKenzie (MCKE), Notasulga (NOTA), Providence Christian (PROV), South Lamar (SOLA), Sunshine (SUNS), Sweet Water (SWEE) [u][b]AHSAA Class 2A Section 2[/b][/u] American Christian Academy (AMER), Francis Marion(FMAR), Fultondale (FULT), Keith (KETH), Ohatchee (OHAT), R.C.Hatch (RCHA), Shades Mountain Christian (SHAD),Sulligent (SULL), Thorsby (THOR), Vincent (VINC) [b][u]AHSAA Class 5A Section 4[/u][/b] Brookwood (BRWD), Carver-Birmingham (CAVR), Central-Tuscaloosa (CETU), Chelsea (CHEL), Cullman (CULL), Curry (CURR), Erwin (ERWI), Fairfield (FFLD), Hartselle (HART), Hayden (HAYD), Mortimer Jordan (MOJO), Parker (PKER), Pleasant Grove (PLGR), Russellville (RUSS), Springville (SPNG), Walker (WALK), Wenonah (WENO), Woodlawn (WOHS)
Registration for all three Sections are OPEN NOW at coacho.com. Registration will close on Sunday, April 18 at 11:59 pm. You will need the four letter codes listed beside your schedule to register on coacho.

AHSAA Class 1A
Section 1

Autaugaville (AUTA), Billingsley (BILL), J.U. Blacksher (JUBL), Butler County Magnet(BCMA), Florala (FLOR), John Essex (JOES), A. L. Johnson (JOHN), Linden (LIND), Loachapoka (LOAC), Maplesville (MAPL), Marengo (MARE), McKenzie (MCKE), Notasulga (NOTA), Providence Christian (PROV), South Lamar (SOLA), Sunshine (SUNS), Sweet Water (SWEE)

AHSAA Class 2A
Section 2

American Christian Academy (AMER), Francis Marion(FMAR), Fultondale (FULT), Keith (KETH), Ohatchee (OHAT), R.C.Hatch (RCHA), Shades Mountain Christian (SHAD),Sulligent (SULL), Thorsby (THOR), Vincent (VINC)

AHSAA Class 5A
Section 4

Brookwood (BRWD), Carver-Birmingham (CAVR), Central-Tuscaloosa (CETU), Chelsea (CHEL), Cullman (CULL), Curry (CURR), Erwin (ERWI), Fairfield (FFLD), Hartselle (HART), Hayden (HAYD), Mortimer Jordan (MOJO), Parker (PKER), Pleasant Grove (PLGR), Russellville (RUSS), Springville (SPNG), Walker (WALK), Wenonah (WENO), Woodlawn (WOHS)
04/05/2010 8:41:06 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
My staff and I are looking forward to you visiting us in Tuscaloosa for your Sectionals. Please note several things: The 1A Section 1, 2A Section 2, and 5A Section 4 meet will be held at the University of Alabama track. This is a different location than what was announced earlier in the spring. The meet will begin at 8:00 am on both Friday and Saturday. The gates will open for teams and spectators at 7:00 am. It is anticipated the meet will end by 5:00 pm on each day. We ask your cooperation in being honest and accurate when entering seed marks. Marks must be recorded in official meets in 2009-2010. In fairness to all please, do not turn in bogus marks. Seed times for each event may be verified by meet officials. Athletes with bogus marks will be placed in slowest sections. Please adjust all hand times in sprint and hurdle events upward by .25. This is a State Championship qualifying meet. For the safety of your athletes, please do not enter them in events for which they are not familiar, particularly in the Pole Vault and High Jump. If it is apparent to meet officials that an athlete doesn't have the training or experience to safely compete in the events for which they are entered, the athlete's participation in that event will be disallowed. All pole vaulters will be weighed prior to their event. Vaulters will only be allowed to use a pole that has a rating that is greater than their weight. You must bring your own pole as poles will not be provided. If I can be of ANY assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me. Coach Charles Tiller coachtiller@gmail.com 205-454-7033
My staff and I are looking forward to you visiting us in Tuscaloosa for your Sectionals.

Please note several things:

The 1A Section 1, 2A Section 2, and 5A Section 4 meet will be held at the University of Alabama track. This is a different location than what was announced earlier in the spring.

The meet will begin at 8:00 am on both Friday and Saturday. The gates will open for teams and spectators at 7:00 am. It is anticipated the meet will end by 5:00 pm on each day.

We ask your cooperation in being honest and accurate when entering seed marks. Marks must be recorded in official meets in 2009-2010. In fairness to all please, do not turn in bogus marks. Seed times for each event may be verified by meet officials. Athletes with bogus marks will be placed in slowest sections. Please adjust all hand times in sprint and hurdle events upward by .25.

This is a State Championship qualifying meet. For the safety of your athletes, please do not enter them in events for which they are not familiar, particularly in the Pole Vault and High Jump. If it is apparent to meet officials that an athlete doesn't have the training or experience to safely compete in the events for which they are entered, the athlete's participation in that event will be disallowed.

All pole vaulters will be weighed prior to their event. Vaulters will only be allowed to use a pole that has a rating that is greater than their weight. You must bring your own pole as poles will not be provided.

If I can be of ANY assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Coach Charles Tiller
coachtiller@gmail.com
205-454-7033
04/06/2010 11:34:10 AM
Coach
BamaXC I believe one of your minimum qualifying standards is incorrect in your chart. According to 2010 Spring Sports Book, the 5A boys discus standard is 110, not 130. Just FYI. May want to correct it.
BamaXC

I believe one of your minimum qualifying standards is incorrect in your chart. According to 2010 Spring Sports Book, the 5A boys discus standard is 110, not 130.

Just FYI. May want to correct it.
04/06/2010 2:52:30 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
You are correct. Thank you for catching it. The State Minimum Qualifications pdf (see link in prior post above) has been corrected.
You are correct. Thank you for catching it.

The State Minimum Qualifications pdf (see link in prior post above) has been corrected.
04/06/2010 2:59:26 PM
Coach
No problem, Coach.
No problem, Coach.
04/07/2010 3:26:02 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Caoch, when you say the four digit code for registering is next to our schedule, I am not sure what that means. Please enlighten me. Thanks. nai
Caoch, when you say the four digit code for registering is next to our schedule, I am not sure what that means. Please enlighten me. Thanks.

nai
04/07/2010 10:33:38 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Coach Ireland, the first time you go into [url]coacho.com[/url] to register your team for Sectionals, you will be asked to provide a code, in your case PROV. This way, the software will know exactly which school you are. Hope this helps.
Coach Ireland, the first time you go into coacho.com to register your team for Sectionals, you will be asked to provide a code, in your case PROV. This way, the software will know exactly which school you are.

Hope this helps.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.