Article Comment: FACA Pollster's Official XC Opening Week Rankings!
09/22/2010 11:47:15 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Sorry in 1A Poll it's CSN opening up at NorthPort not Northside.
Sorry in 1A Poll it's CSN opening up at NorthPort not Northside.
09/22/2010 4:12:37 PM
User
I don't see how Buchholz is ranked so high when they got beat by Vero Beach at UF and we (Fleming Island) beat them by a pretty good margin at Ridgeview opening week..
I don't see how Buchholz is ranked so high when they got beat by Vero Beach at UF and we (Fleming Island) beat them by a pretty good margin at Ridgeview opening week..
09/22/2010 4:38:20 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Sorry for 2A girls typo -Lincoln Park ran at UF!
Sorry for 2A girls typo -Lincoln Park ran at UF!
09/22/2010 7:55:35 PM
User
No 2A boys???
No 2A boys???
09/23/2010 1:30:08 PM
Coach
Melbourne Girls definitely not #9 in 4A. Is this a ranking of one week, or season to date?
Melbourne Girls definitely not #9 in 4A. Is this a ranking of one week, or season to date?
09/23/2010 5:24:34 PM
User
Post dem 2A boys!
Post dem 2A boys!
09/23/2010 9:09:16 PM
User
Okay granted that Miami Northwestern is never taken into consideration for Cross Country however if you are going to do a ranking based on times you should look at everyone: Miami Northwestern Senior HIgh School - Miami Central Rocket Invitational - September 16, 2010: Altoneice Williams 19:17.79 Which based on the rankings for the 4A that would put her perhaps in the top 5 five for the "FACA Pollster's Offical Rankings for the 4A Individual Rankings????? Not sure what the basis of these rankings are and perhaps you can explain, but if you are going to say it is official then we need to keep everyone into consideration!
Okay granted that Miami Northwestern is never taken into consideration for Cross Country however if you are going to do a ranking based on times you should look at everyone:

Miami Northwestern Senior HIgh School - Miami Central Rocket Invitational - September 16, 2010:

Altoneice Williams 19:17.79

Which based on the rankings for the 4A that would put her perhaps in the top 5 five for the "FACA Pollster's Offical Rankings for the 4A Individual Rankings?????

Not sure what the basis of these rankings are and perhaps you can explain, but if you are going to say it is official then we need to keep everyone into consideration!
09/23/2010 9:37:10 PM
User
2a needs to be posted!
only thing i have herd was Steinbrenner was 4th in team rankings?
2a needs to be posted!
only thing i have herd was Steinbrenner was 4th in team rankings?
09/23/2010 9:44:12 PM
User
@skyblue

while it was still a good time, that course is 3 miles.
@skyblue

while it was still a good time, that course is 3 miles.
09/23/2010 9:54:52 PM
User
@runnerguy12 Thanks for the explanation I can appreciate that!
@runnerguy12

Thanks for the explanation I can appreciate that!
09/23/2010 11:29:58 PM
Power User
@skyblue As was stated earlier, yes, the course was short. It was at maximum, probably 3 miles. Either that or all of the girls all Pr'ed by at least a minute in the first week of the season. But that's highly unlikely. Now I did rank them team wise and they're obviously in better shape than in years past; but I'll need to see an actual 5k performance before I can rank them alongside everyone else evenly.
@skyblue As was stated earlier, yes, the course was short. It was at maximum, probably 3 miles. Either that or all of the girls all Pr'ed by at least a minute in the first week of the season. But that's highly unlikely.

Now I did rank them team wise and they're obviously in better shape than in years past; but I'll need to see an actual 5k performance before I can rank them alongside everyone else evenly.
09/24/2010 10:57:44 AM
Power User
@ Coach Scott
Cypress has only run in tuesday meets as of yet, they will be at Optimist this Saturday though to post their first results of the season. BTW Congrats to Jeff Estero #1 Boys and Girls Team in 2A. Must be something in the water...
@ Coach Scott
Cypress has only run in tuesday meets as of yet, they will be at Optimist this Saturday though to post their first results of the season. BTW Congrats to Jeff Estero #1 Boys and Girls Team in 2A. Must be something in the water...
09/24/2010 1:38:21 PM
User
Steinbrennar had a 17:29 team average at West Hillsborough Invite , dont be surprised to see them at the top of 2A by the end of the year.
Steinbrennar had a 17:29 team average at West Hillsborough Invite , dont be surprised to see them at the top of 2A by the end of the year.
09/24/2010 1:45:59 PM
Power User
[quote=CoachJanson]Melbourne Girls definitely not #9 in 4A. Is this a ranking of one week, or season to date?[/quote] @CoachJanson I ranked them based off of the first week's results from the official season. I did not use their jamboree times in the ranking. Realistically they're a top 5 team even on a bad day once they're healthy. But until they pull it together in an actual HS race, I felt other teams that ran better deserved a higher ranking for this past week. :-p
CoachJanson wrote:

@CoachJanson I ranked them based off of the first week's results from the official season. I did not use their jamboree times in the ranking. Realistically they're a top 5 team even on a bad day once they're healthy. But until they pull it together in an actual HS race, I felt other teams that ran better deserved a higher ranking for this past week.
09/24/2010 3:28:15 PM
User
[quote=CoachRaposo]@skyblue As was stated earlier, yes, the course was short. It was at maximum, probably 3 miles. Either that or all of the girls all Pr'ed by at least a minute in the first week of the season. But that's highly unlikely. Now I did rank them team wise and they're obviously in better shape than in years past; but I'll need to see an actual 5k performance before I can rank them alongside everyone else evenly.[/quote] @CoachRaposo Okay, I have been looking into this further. I saw on the Flrunner page for this meet that it indicated that "The race length was 3 miles" Now who put that there? The registration for this meet in Direct Athletics is a 5K Run. John Rolle has confirmed that this was 5K run. If it's all based on a notation put on the meet page of Flrunners then that sounds a little fishy to me. So I would appreaciate a GREAT EXPLANATION FOR THIS AND I WOULD LIKE CONFIRMATION FROM AN OFFICIAL FROM THE MEET THAT THESE GIRLS RAN 3 MILES BECAUSE IT WAS VERY MUCH THEIR AND THE COACHES INTENTIONS THAT THEY WERE ENTERING AND RAN A 5K RACE.
CoachRaposo wrote:
@skyblue As was stated earlier, yes, the course was short. It was at maximum, probably 3 miles. Either that or all of the girls all Pr'ed by at least a minute in the first week of the season. But that's highly unlikely.

Now I did rank them team wise and they're obviously in better shape than in years past; but I'll need to see an actual 5k performance before I can rank them alongside everyone else evenly.

@CoachRaposo

Okay, I have been looking into this further. I saw on the Flrunner page for this meet that it indicated that "The race length was 3 miles" Now who put that there? The registration for this meet in Direct Athletics is a 5K Run. John Rolle has confirmed that this was 5K run. If it's all based on a notation put on the meet page of Flrunners then that sounds a little fishy to me. So I would appreaciate a GREAT EXPLANATION FOR THIS AND I WOULD LIKE CONFIRMATION FROM AN OFFICIAL FROM THE MEET THAT THESE GIRLS RAN 3 MILES BECAUSE IT WAS VERY MUCH THEIR AND THE COACHES INTENTIONS THAT THEY WERE ENTERING AND RAN A 5K RACE.
09/24/2010 3:53:31 PM
Coach
@Skyblue, From experience, even if the meet were annotated as a 5k, that would not change Coach Raposo's opinion of the distance. Thus, the rankings would not change. [b]Here is my advice as far as rankings are concerned:[/b] Don't get wrapped up in them. They are just one person's opinion. Some people waste wayyyy too much energy on worrying about whether or not rankings are justified. I understand it is nice to get the credit you work so hard for, but at the end of the year, none of this matters. There have been numerous instances when teams ranked 4th-5th or lower in the state have used "unjust" rankings as a motivation to go out there and win state. So, if you believe you or your team were ranked too low....print out the rankings and post em on your fridge for motivation!!
@Skyblue,

From experience, even if the meet were annotated as a 5k, that would not change Coach Raposo's opinion of the distance. Thus, the rankings would not change.

Here is my advice as far as rankings are concerned:

Don't get wrapped up in them. They are just one person's opinion. Some people waste wayyyy too much energy on worrying about whether or not rankings are justified. I understand it is nice to get the credit you work so hard for, but at the end of the year, none of this matters. There have been numerous instances when teams ranked 4th-5th or lower in the state have used "unjust" rankings as a motivation to go out there and win state. So, if you believe you or your team were ranked too low....print out the rankings and post em on your fridge for motivation!!
09/24/2010 4:07:47 PM
User
@KBrnnr Thank you for the comment however I am would like an explanation about this being a 3 mile race vs 5K. I just looked at past meets ran at the same facility and I saw that in 2001 CC Regionals for the 4A Region 4 was entered with Flrunners as 3 mile race. How is it that you can run a 3 mile race for an official race for FHSAA qualifications for Cross Country State Championship such as regionals which is clearly defined as a 5K race and entered with flrunners as a 3 mile run????????? That would make you inelgible to qualify for State wouldn't it? Not to mention I saw a posting for Isel Ramos in 2004 at post a time at this same facility and flrunners has it entered as a 5K race! And, yes. I would like to see people get their recognition where it is due!
@KBrnnr

Thank you for the comment however I am would like an explanation about this being a 3 mile race vs 5K. I just looked at past meets ran at the same facility and I saw that in 2001 CC Regionals for the 4A Region 4 was entered with Flrunners as 3 mile race. How is it that you can run a 3 mile race for an official race for FHSAA qualifications for Cross Country State Championship such as regionals which is clearly defined as a 5K race and entered with flrunners as a 3 mile run????????? That would make you inelgible to qualify for State wouldn't it? Not to mention I saw a posting for Isel Ramos in 2004 at post a time at this same facility and flrunners has it entered as a 5K race!

And, yes. I would like to see people get their recognition where it is due!
09/24/2010 8:17:44 PM
Power User
[quote=skyblue]Okay, I have been looking into this further. I saw on the Flrunner page for this meet that it indicated that "The race length was 3 miles" Now who put that there? The registration for this meet in Direct Athletics is a 5K Run. John Rolle has confirmed that this was 5K run. If it's all based on a notation put on the meet page of Flrunners then that sounds a little fishy to me. So I would appreaciate a GREAT EXPLANATION FOR THIS AND I WOULD LIKE CONFIRMATION FROM AN OFFICIAL FROM THE MEET THAT THESE GIRLS RAN 3 MILES BECAUSE IT WAS VERY MUCH THEIR AND THE COACHES INTENTIONS THAT THEY WERE ENTERING AND RAN A 5K RACE.[/quote] @skyblue I put that the race length was ~3 miles. ~ means approximately. It was probably shorter than that actually. [quote=KBrnnr]From experience, even if the meet were annotated as a 5k, that would not change Coach Raposo's opinion of the distance. Thus, the rankings would not change.[/quote] I'm also the admin on DirectAthletics. I could easily change the results to say 3 miles as well if that's what the concern is. [quote=skyblue]Thank you for the comment however I am would like an explanation about this being a 3 mile race vs 5K. I just looked at past meets ran at the same facility and I saw that in 2001 CC Regionals for the 4A Region 4 was entered with Flrunners as 3 mile race. How is it that you can run a 3 mile race for an official race for FHSAA qualifications for Cross Country State Championship such as regionals which is clearly defined as a 5K race and entered with flrunners as a 3 mile run????????? That would make you inelgible to qualify for State wouldn't it? Not to mention I saw a posting for Isel Ramos in 2004 at post a time at this same facility and flrunners has it entered as a 5K race! And, yes. I would like to see people get their recognition where it is due![/quote] @skyblue First, read my reply to your other post here: http://fl.milesplit.com/discussion/topics/77958 Secondly, prior to 2002, the race length for Cross Country in the state of Florida was a 3 mile race. So, um, yeah... 8-)
skyblue wrote:
Okay, I have been looking into this further. I saw on the Flrunner page for this meet that it indicated that "The race length was 3 miles" Now who put that there? The registration for this meet in Direct Athletics is a 5K Run. John Rolle has confirmed that this was 5K run. If it's all based on a notation put on the meet page of Flrunners then that sounds a little fishy to me. So I would appreaciate a GREAT EXPLANATION FOR THIS AND I WOULD LIKE CONFIRMATION FROM AN OFFICIAL FROM THE MEET THAT THESE GIRLS RAN 3 MILES BECAUSE IT WAS VERY MUCH THEIR AND THE COACHES INTENTIONS THAT THEY WERE ENTERING AND RAN A 5K RACE.

@skyblue I put that the race length was ~3 miles. ~ means approximately. It was probably shorter than that actually.

KBrnnr wrote:
From experience, even if the meet were annotated as a 5k, that would not change Coach Raposo's opinion of the distance. Thus, the rankings would not change.

I'm also the admin on DirectAthletics. I could easily change the results to say 3 miles as well if that's what the concern is.

skyblue wrote:
Thank you for the comment however I am would like an explanation about this being a 3 mile race vs 5K. I just looked at past meets ran at the same facility and I saw that in 2001 CC Regionals for the 4A Region 4 was entered with Flrunners as 3 mile race. How is it that you can run a 3 mile race for an official race for FHSAA qualifications for Cross Country State Championship such as regionals which is clearly defined as a 5K race and entered with flrunners as a 3 mile run????????? That would make you inelgible to qualify for State wouldn't it? Not to mention I saw a posting for Isel Ramos in 2004 at post a time at this same facility and flrunners has it entered as a 5K race!

And, yes. I would like to see people get their recognition where it is due!

@skyblue First, read my reply to your other post here:
http://fl.milesplit.com/discussion/topics/77958

Secondly, prior to 2002, the race length for Cross Country in the state of Florida was a 3 mile race. So, um, yeah...
09/25/2010 3:08:01 PM
User
@CoachRaposo So, um yeah ........prior to 2002, well go look at the posting after 2002, 5K so therefore it's a 5K course. You are so unprofessional. If you even cared about the concerns of some of the athletes you would come up with a more concrete response or educate us on some factual information from someone we can respect! I'll do my own homework on this course and I will get my information from facts and sound minded,concerned individuals. Not from a person who I believe is not highly respected in the track & field world! And, as I said "who I believe is not highly respected"
@CoachRaposo

So, um yeah ........prior to 2002, well go look at the posting after 2002, 5K so therefore it's a 5K course. You are so unprofessional. If you even cared about the concerns of some of the athletes you would come up with a more concrete response or educate us on some factual information from someone we can respect! I'll do my own homework on this course and I will get my information from facts and sound minded,concerned individuals. Not from a person who I believe is not highly respected in the track & field world! And, as I said "who I believe is not highly respected"
09/25/2010 4:55:43 PM
Power User
[quote=skyblue]So, um yeah ........prior to 2002, well go look at the posting after 2002, 5K so therefore it's a 5K course. You are so unprofessional. If you even cared about the concerns of some of the athletes you would come up with a more concrete response or educate us on some factual information from someone we can respect! I'll do my own homework on this course and I will get my information from facts and sound minded,concerned individuals. Not from a person who I believe is not highly respected in the track & field world! And, as I said "who I believe is not highly respected"[/quote] @skyblue To quote a good friend of mine let me start by saying "I didn't know you spelled cross country as 't-r-a-c-k a-n-d f-i-e-l-d' ". [b]Next, that course was definitely not a 5k course. To lie to children and say otherwise is unprofessional.[/b] You're completely backwards in your thought process. Also, you don't even know who I am. So any attributions you have towards me wouldn't be a legitimate argument either. But if you want more factual information, let's try this one again. [b]Two top female athletes time comparisons:[/b] [u]Girl #1-[/u] Thursday, 9/16/10- 20:04 @ Rocket @ Amelia Earhart, 2nd place Monday, 9/20/10- 22:32 @ Dual Meet @ Amelia Earhart?, 1st place Saturday, 9/25/10- 21:23 @ Spanish River @ South County Regional [u]Girl #2-[/u] Thursday, 9/16/10- 21:09 @ Rocket @ Amelia Earhart, 4th place Monday, 9/20/10- 21:58 @ Dual Meet @ Amelia Earhart?, 2nd place Saturday, 9/25/10- 22:29 @ Spanish River @ South County Regional And South County Regional is considered to be a faster course than Amelia Earhart. If you still can't figure it out through LOGIC, then stick to track & field.
skyblue wrote:
So, um yeah ........prior to 2002, well go look at the posting after 2002, 5K so therefore it's a 5K course. You are so unprofessional. If you even cared about the concerns of some of the athletes you would come up with a more concrete response or educate us on some factual information from someone we can respect! I'll do my own homework on this course and I will get my information from facts and sound minded,concerned individuals. Not from a person who I believe is not highly respected in the track & field world! And, as I said "who I believe is not highly respected"

@skyblue To quote a good friend of mine let me start by saying "I didn't know you spelled cross country as 't-r-a-c-k a-n-d f-i-e-l-d' ".

Next, that course was definitely not a 5k course. To lie to children and say otherwise is unprofessional. You're completely backwards in your thought process. Also, you don't even know who I am. So any attributions you have towards me wouldn't be a legitimate argument either. But if you want more factual information, let's try this one again.

Two top female athletes time comparisons:
Girl #1-
Thursday, 9/16/10- 20:04 @ Rocket @ Amelia Earhart, 2nd place
Monday, 9/20/10- 22:32 @ Dual Meet @ Amelia Earhart?, 1st place
Saturday, 9/25/10- 21:23 @ Spanish River @ South County Regional

Girl #2-
Thursday, 9/16/10- 21:09 @ Rocket @ Amelia Earhart, 4th place
Monday, 9/20/10- 21:58 @ Dual Meet @ Amelia Earhart?, 2nd place
Saturday, 9/25/10- 22:29 @ Spanish River @ South County Regional

And South County Regional is considered to be a faster course than Amelia Earhart.

If you still can't figure it out through LOGIC, then stick to track & field.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.