flrunners.com Invitational 12 - Done Seeding... last requests?
09/25/2011 4:53:22 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
I am done seeding the races. I cut a bit shy of capacity intentionally because of the 10 athletes (aka "Nowicki Rule"). Large school, small school, invitational, and open races will all have between 30-34 teams (we have gone 35-38 in the past). And I am limiting the Race of Champions this year to the 16-19 teams range... combination of the 10 runners and just not lowering entry standards and the field is a bit weaker this year. Normally I have put 25 teams in the race of champions. Individually the race is going to be as competitive as ever. And I think depth wise it is just as strong or stronger than ever. But I will say that the very top tier of teams we saw a drop of this year, which is really disappointing... and I hope more will come back and find a place for our race in their schedules next time. But like I said I did not compromise on the ROC entry standards, so it will be a smaller race. ............ so............ before I release the list.... Any coaches, feel free to email me at jason@flrunners.com to make a push to your team up or down. If you are border line then I will go the direction of your push. If you are not border line, then I will ignore it. :-)
I am done seeding the races. I cut a bit shy of capacity intentionally because of the 10 athletes (aka "Nowicki Rule"). Large school, small school, invitational, and open races will all have between 30-34 teams (we have gone 35-38 in the past). And I am limiting the Race of Champions this year to the 16-19 teams range... combination of the 10 runners and just not lowering entry standards and the field is a bit weaker this year. Normally I have put 25 teams in the race of champions.

Individually the race is going to be as competitive as ever. And I think depth wise it is just as strong or stronger than ever. But I will say that the very top tier of teams we saw a drop of this year, which is really disappointing... and I hope more will come back and find a place for our race in their schedules next time.

But like I said I did not compromise on the ROC entry standards, so it will be a smaller race.

............ so............ before I release the list....

Any coaches, feel free to email me at jason@flrunners.com to make a push to your team up or down. If you are border line then I will go the direction of your push. If you are not border line, then I will ignore it.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.