FSU Seminole Invitational 2012
06/24/2012 5:17:43 PM
Admin
Registration is now open for the FSU XC Invitational. Schedule will be up soon. Any questions please feel free to email me at LFCSumner3@aol.com. We look forward to seeing everyone there.
Registration is now open for the FSU XC Invitational. Schedule will be up soon. Any questions please feel free to email me at LFCSumner3@aol.com. We look forward to seeing everyone there.
06/25/2012 10:42:13 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@LFCSumner3 Top 7 or Top 10 for Varsity?
@LFCSumner3
Top 7 or Top 10 for Varsity?
06/25/2012 10:47:01 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Top 10
Top 10
06/25/2012 10:48:02 PM
Admin
Top 10.
Top 10.
06/26/2012 7:24:13 AM
Coach
@LFCSumner3 Good Morning, With so many team attending this year will there be more than one division for the HS races like Pre-State. Thanks, Coach Smitty Freedom HS Tampa
@LFCSumner3 Good Morning, With so many team attending this year will there be more than one division for the HS races like Pre-State.

Thanks,

Coach
Smitty
Freedom HS
Tampa
06/26/2012 9:42:54 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@scoogy1967 There will be at least 3 divisions and 1 JV race. Still working on final details.
@scoogy1967 There will be at least 3 divisions and 1 JV race. Still working on final details.
06/30/2012 5:20:43 PM
Admin
In one week we have 40 teams signed up. Please make sure you get your money in. Right now we are looking at a max of 75 teams. There is a chance we could go to 100. But if you are planning on coming, then it is better to be safe than sorry, don't wait.
In one week we have 40 teams signed up. Please make sure you get your money in. Right now we are looking at a max of 75 teams. There is a chance we could go to 100. But if you are planning on coming, then it is better to be safe than sorry, don't wait.
06/30/2012 5:33:48 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@LFCSumner3 Coach, Since you now have a better idea of what teams are going to be competing at the FSU Invite will you be posting how many different races you will have sometime before Aug? If im guessing you are looking at 3 Varsity races and 1 JV (maybe even 2 JV).. Example Elite Boys / Girls (25 teams) Invite Boys / Girls (30 teams) Open Boys / Girls (30 teams) JV Boys / Girls (good luck) My 2nd question is what will be the deadline to pay for the meet? Sometimes getting AD's to pay for a meet in July is not the easiest thing. Does late Aug sound unrealistic? Looking forward to the meet, and making the 8hr drive without getting pulled over. The cops near Tally are like Hawks!
@LFCSumner3

Coach,
Since you now have a better idea of what teams are going to be competing at the FSU Invite will you be posting how many different races you will have sometime before Aug?
If im guessing you are looking at 3 Varsity races and 1 JV (maybe even 2 JV).. Example
Elite Boys / Girls (25 teams)
Invite Boys / Girls (30 teams)
Open Boys / Girls (30 teams)
JV Boys / Girls (good luck)

My 2nd question is what will be the deadline to pay for the meet? Sometimes getting AD's to pay for a meet in July is not the easiest thing. Does late Aug sound unrealistic?

Looking forward to the meet, and making the 8hr drive without getting pulled over. The cops near Tally are like Hawks!
06/30/2012 6:09:14 PM
Admin
@Gooch7 We are working on getting the schedule out well before August 1st. Hopefully by the end of next week. There will be 25 teams in each race. We are still discussing JV and some other minor issues. As for the deadline, we have established the final deadline to be September 21st. However, registration will close if we hit our limit of teams. And at the pace we are going, that will happen before 9/21.
@Gooch7 We are working on getting the schedule out well before August 1st. Hopefully by the end of next week. There will be 25 teams in each race. We are still discussing JV and some other minor issues. As for the deadline, we have established the final deadline to be September 21st. However, registration will close if we hit our limit of teams. And at the pace we are going, that will happen before 9/21.
06/30/2012 9:41:41 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@LFCSumner3 Will there be a Middle School Girls and Boys race? I am guessing no, may be hard to get all of those races in
@LFCSumner3

Will there be a Middle School Girls and Boys race? I am guessing no, may be hard to get all of those races in
06/30/2012 10:06:26 PM
Admin
Unfortunately this year we will not be able to have a middle school division. Maybe in the future this can be worked out.
Unfortunately this year we will not be able to have a middle school division. Maybe in the future this can be worked out.
07/01/2012 11:27:23 AM
User
Is there provision for individuals to enter, when their team is unable to attend due to the cost of travel?
Is there provision for individuals to enter, when their team is unable to attend due to the cost of travel?
07/20/2012 5:34:53 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Is the schedule pretty close to being posted? Just heard here at the clinic that there will be 4 Varsity races- Elite, Invitational, Small School, Large School, and that there will be 2 JV races, and 25-30 minute increments between races
Is the schedule pretty close to being posted? Just heard here at the clinic that there will be 4 Varsity races- Elite, Invitational, Small School, Large School, and that there will be 2 JV races, and 25-30 minute increments between races
07/20/2012 10:51:48 PM
Coach
@aholmes80 Coach can you give me a call. This Freedom HS Tampa
@aholmes80
Coach can you give me a call.

This Freedom HS
Tampa
07/30/2012 11:37:47 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@rcboys check FSU's athletics website. they have lots of info.
@rcboys check FSU's athletics website. they have lots of info.
07/30/2012 4:30:52 PM
Coach
@rcboys Alternatively, you can use Google Maps to find 7550 Apalachee Pky, Tallahassee, FL 32311-3448, then search for hotels nearby.
@rcboys Alternatively, you can use Google Maps to find 7550 Apalachee Pky, Tallahassee, FL 32311-3448, then search for hotels nearby.
08/01/2012 10:54:58 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@nmmeans Here is a map of the 5k course. [b]http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/fsu/sports/w-tennis/auto_pdf/coursemap.pdf[/b] Here is a list of hotels provided by the Tallahassee Sports Council, including designated rates for Oct. 5-6: [b]http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/fsu/sports/c-xc/auto_pdf/2012-13/misc_non_event/FSUInvitationalPreStateHotels.pdf[/b] We are still working to lock down the final schedule, which will require a bit more time, but tentatively it will look like this: 7:40 a.m. - Gold Boys (Elite) 8:05 a.m. - Gold Girls (Elite) 8:35 - Silver Boys (Invitational) 9:00 - Silver Girls (Invitational) 9:30 - Bronze Boys (Large Schools) 9:55 - Bronze Girls (Large Schools) 10:25 - Platinum Boys (Small Schools) 10:50 - Platinum Girls (Small Schools) 11:20 - Brave Boys (Jayvee) 11:45 - Brave Girls (Jayvee) At this time we are trying to secure two more junior varsity races. There also may be a time alteration (based on available daylight), which would potentially move the start of the first race back. There will be a dedicated page for all cross country meets at Apalachee Regional Park launched in the near future at www.seminoles.com - which will be located on the Cross Country page.
@nmmeans Here is a map of the 5k course. http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/fsu/sports/w-tennis/auto_pdf/coursemap.pdf
Here is a list of hotels provided by the Tallahassee Sports Council, including designated rates for Oct. 5-6: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/fsu/sports/c-xc/auto_pdf/2012-13/misc_non_event/FSUInvitationalPreStateHotels.pdf
We are still working to lock down the final schedule, which will require a bit more time, but tentatively it will look like this:
7:40 a.m. - Gold Boys (Elite)
8:05 a.m. - Gold Girls (Elite)
8:35 - Silver Boys (Invitational)
9:00 - Silver Girls (Invitational)
9:30 - Bronze Boys (Large Schools)
9:55 - Bronze Girls (Large Schools)
10:25 - Platinum Boys (Small Schools)
10:50 - Platinum Girls (Small Schools)
11:20 - Brave Boys (Jayvee)
11:45 - Brave Girls (Jayvee)

At this time we are trying to secure two more junior varsity races. There also may be a time alteration (based on available daylight), which would potentially move the start of the first race back. There will be a dedicated page for all cross country meets at Apalachee Regional Park launched in the near future at www.seminoles.com - which will be located on the Cross Country page.
08/16/2012 12:37:09 PM
Admin
Checks are coming in quickly. I sent out a reminder to everyone registered on flrunners. Payment is what guarantees your spot. Please make sure you are getting your payments in asap. I will post an updated entry/paid list next week. I also need coaches to let me know if you are planning on bringing a JV team. We finally have approval from the county to have 4 varsity races and 2 JV. Coach Braman has one last meeting today and after that I will get the final schedule released. Any questions or concerns need to be directed to me at LFCSumner3@aol.com. Looking forward to seeing everyone in October. Coach Sumner
Checks are coming in quickly. I sent out a reminder to everyone registered on flrunners. Payment is what guarantees your spot. Please make sure you are getting your payments in asap. I will post an updated entry/paid list next week. I also need coaches to let me know if you are planning on bringing a JV team. We finally have approval from the county to have 4 varsity races and 2 JV. Coach Braman has one last meeting today and after that I will get the final schedule released. Any questions or concerns need to be directed to me at LFCSumner3@aol.com. Looking forward to seeing everyone in October.

Coach Sumner
08/16/2012 3:18:39 PM
Coach
@LFCSumner3 West Florida High School has sent a check, it is in the mail. We will be bringing a Junior Varsity.
@LFCSumner3 West Florida High School has sent a check, it is in the mail. We will be bringing a Junior Varsity.
08/16/2012 8:59:21 PM
Power User
Who specifically do we make the check out to? FSU? And have they done the approved vendor paperwork for all the counties? (specifically Volusia, but I know Orange and Seminole Counties need that paperwork too).
Who specifically do we make the check out to? FSU? And have they done the approved vendor paperwork for all the counties? (specifically Volusia, but I know Orange and Seminole Counties need that paperwork too).

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.