Even as pioneers, the residents of what is now known as Orange City were sensitive as to how the world saw them. The townsfolk felt that finding a proper name for the town would add distinction to their community. So back in those early days (circa 1880), it came down to two possible choices. Most of its residents chose as its namesake the refreshing Blue Springs, which was greatly admired, not only as a source of clean water—which was bottled and shipped all over the world—but as a landing for steamships that connected the town with the outside world.
- No discussions yet. Be the first!