Online Registration for this meet can be found at Direct Athletics. Click Here to go to online registration.
This meet is only for Polk County Schools
Polk County Championships Track Meet to be held at George Jenkins High School.
Dale Meskimen, Meet Director (863) 370-8796 Email: mastersrunr @aol.com
THIS MEET IS ONLY FOR SCHOOLS IN POLK COUNTY. This event will take place on March 16th, 2019. We are looking forward to hosting this event and we are looking forward to great competition.
All teams will be limited to 4 individuals per event, and one relay team per event. We have a brand new synthetic track with great facilities! There will be a full concession stand for convenience. All venues are located in or right next to the track facility.
Awards will be given to the top 3 athletes and a traveling trophy will be given to the championship teams.
Entries: Due by 11:59pm, Wednesday, March 13th.
Admission: $5.00 adults 5 and under free
Concessions will be available.
1. All FHSAA rules will be in effect. This includes UNIFORMS. We will have a certified FHSAA Official on hand.
2. All athletes are to sit on the visitors side. The home side will be kept open for spectators. No athletes will be allowed on the field unless they are participating in an event. Athletes not in compliance will be disqualified. This includes coaches. Head Coaches make sure any assistant coaches you have understand this. Athletes will report ready to compete. This will be strictly enforced! Warm-ups are to take place behind the visitor stands.
3. With the new order of events the infield will be closed to ALL except the competing athletes. Coaches, make sure your athletes, friends and family know this. If an athlete not competing is caught on the infield they will be disqualified. Anyone else on the infield who is not supposed to be will be escorted out of the facility.
4. The track surface is rubber. 1/4 Pyramid Spikes Only.
5. I will have people already lined up to run the field events so coaches will not be needed to help.
The meet will be scored by the following point system Individual / Relay Scoring 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
MEET SCHEDULE: We will be running the events in the same order as Region will be run.
Opening Heights: Girls HJ 1.27 (4' 2"); Boys HJ 1.57 (5' 2"); Girls PV 1.82 (6'); Boys PV 2.43 (8')
Coaches Meeting in front of the Press Box. This will be a scratch meeting only. Please try to be there by this time. The meet will start at 9:00 a.m.
Long Jump Both
High Jump Girls
Pole Vault Girls
Shot Put Boys
4x800 Relay (Multiple Heats if needed, will run up to 16 in a heat; slow to fast)
Triple Jump Both
High Jump Boys
Pole Vault Boys
Shot Put - Girls
12:00pm Running Prelims - Top 8 times move onto the finals
3:00pm Finals (or approximately 30 minutes after completion of the 200 prelims)
1600m (Mutiple Heats if needed, will run up to 24 in a heat, fast to slow)
3200m (Multiple Heats if needed, will run up to 24 in a heat, slow to fast)
4x400m (Multiple Heats if needed, slow to fast)
- No discussions yet. Be the first!