Online Registration for this meet can be found at Direct Athletics.
This meet is only for Polk County Schools
There will be qualifying times and marks for this years meet to be eligible to compete. Information on this can be found on Direct Athletics.
Please contact Coach Dale Meskimen @863-370-8796 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All teams will be limited to 3 entries perevent. We have an outstanding synthetic track with greatfacilities! There will be a full concession stand for convenience. All venues arelocated in or right next to the trackfacility.
Awards will be given to the top 3 athletes anda traveling trophy will be given to the champion teams.
Entries: Due by 11:59pm, Wednesday, March17th.
Admission: $5.00; 5 and under-Free
Concessions will be available.
ALL CDC GUIDELINES and LOCAL GUIDELINES WILL BE FOLLOWED
It will be mandatory for any school attending a meet inPolk County for the coaches and athletes to wear a mask while they are notcompeting. If they refuse to follow thisprotocol, then they will be asked to leave the meet and not be allowed tocompete.
Parents / spectators will not be allowed in the team tentareas.
All calls will be made by event & gender .Girls first. Calls for boys will not be made until we are near the end of the heatsfor the girls to avoid a large gathering of athletes in the holding area.
1. All FHSAA rules will be in effect. We willhave a certified FHSAA Official on hand.
2. All athletes are to sit on the visitor'sside. The home side will be kept open for spectators. No athletes will beallowed on the field unless they are participating in an event. Athletes not incompliance will be disqualified. This includes coaches. Head Coaches make sureany assistant coaches you have understand this. Athletes will report ready tocompete. This will be strictly enforced! Warm-ups are to take place behind thevisitor stands.
3. The infield will be closedtoALL except the competing athletes. Coaches make sure your athletes, friends andfamily know this. If an athlete not competing is caught on the infield theywill be disqualified. Anyone else on the infield who is not supposed to be willbe escorted out of the facility.
4.Therewill be no coaches box for Pole Vault. They will not be allowed in the infield area.
5. The track surface is rubber.1/4 Pyramid Spikes Only.
6. I will have officials to run the fieldevents.
Coaches Meeting will occur via email.
Field Events (Finals only, 4 attempts only,with exception of the HJ and PV. All field events will be measured in metric.
MEET SCHEDULE: We will be running the eventsin the same order as Region. All heats will be slow to fast.
Opening Heights: Lowest qualifyingheight.
All events will have qualifying marks/times tobe able to compete in this meet. Thosedo not have to be from the 2021 season. They can be achieved from a previous season. Those are listed in Direct Athletics.
Field Events on Friday, March19th
4:30pm - The jumps and throwswill be worst to best
Long Jump Both
High Jump Girls
Pole Vault Girls
Shot Put Boys
Each event will followimmediately at conclusion of the 4:30pm events)
Triple Jump Both
High Jump Boys
Pole Vault Boys
Shot Put - Girls
Running events on Saturday,March 20th
Running Finals:Straight Timed Finals slow to fast with arolling schedule
9:00am 4x800m Relay
1600m Run (multiple heats is needed, slow tofast)
Wheelchair 800m (if needed, if not we will goright into the next event)
Ambulatory 800m (if needed, if not we will goright into the next event)
800m Finals (Multiple Heats if needed, willrun up to 16 in a heat; slow to fast)
3200m Run (multiple heats if needed, slow tofast)
Wheelchair 200m (if needed, if not we will goright into the next event)
Ambulatory 200m (if needed, if not we will goright into the next event)
Amputee 200m (if needed, if not we will goright into the next event)
4x400m (Multiple Heats if needed, slow tofast)