GIRLS STATE RANKINGS
1A Girls Rankings
By Sue O'Malley, Father Lopez Catholic School
Team Rankings: Four Weeks of Racing Season
Commentary: It has been some exciting racing these past four weeks. Coming out strong in their quest to the state meet and embracing the challenges and conquer their dreams. Ten teams have team averages below 23:00!
Let's keep working on our challenges and conquering our goals and dreams as we enter the second half of our 2018 season.
Rank. (Previous Rank) School = Comments
1. (1) Circle Christian = Defending Champions! Has the #2,#7,#12 and #14 ranked runners. The centurions finished second at the Buffalo Invitational on September 8th. The team will be looking to finish very strong at Katie Caples and Flrunners the next two weekends! Team average of 20:01.1!
2 (2) Oak Hall= Oak Hall=With the addition of Lauren Jones and Sydney Miller the Eagles keep soaring! The team dropped their team average to a 21:02 by placing 6th at the Ocala Horse Park Invitational. This team will go racing flat to racing flat with Circle Christian this coming Saturday evening at the Kate Caple elite race.
3. (4) Father Lopez Catholic High School=I don't know who their coach is but that coach has really put it together nicely thus far. Freshman Mary Peck is adding real excitement to the team and loves playing Miss Pacman at races. Junior Claire McDonnell has been also eating up the competition. The team dropped their average to a 21:25.7. The green wave competed on their home course this weekend at Embry Riddle to place third overall in the team standings. The Green wave will compete at Atlantic Invite on Saturday due to homecoming and then West Orange at the end of the month. If anyone knows who their coach please me know I would love an autograph and a framed picture to put up on my wall next to Prefontaine, Joan Benoit and Grete Waitz.
4. (3) Canterbury School in Fort Meyers= 21:38.5 moves them into the 4th spot this week. The Cougars finished 6th at the Fort Meyers Invitational and 3rd at the Babe Zaharias Twilight Invitational behind the strong running performance of Jessica Edwards. The team will race on the 29th at the Flrunners meet.
5. (5) Holy Trinity Academy=21:28.4 Coach Sully is going to star in the sequl movie of "Now You See Me". For those of you that have never seen these movies, they are about a group of magicians called the Four Horsemen and they perform magic shows that drain bank accounts. This Holy Trinity Team will drain the energy of the top teams if they have their full team together this weekend at the Katie Caples Invitational. Wait to see the amazing show of talent this team should produce this up-coming weekend. If the movie career doesn't pan out for Sully then maybe writing his own edition of Where's Holy Trinity Team book (a take- off of Where's Waldo).
6. (5) Maclay School=Team average 22:21.9 The team won the St. John Paul II Panther Invitational on September 15th. Maclay is running strong and continues to be very consistent. It is a credit to Coach Droze of his magical coaching ability of putting together a strong team after losing #1 and #4. You might see Coach Droze in Sully's movie of "Now You See Me."(as one of the 4 Horsemen). Not sure where this team will race the next two weekends but you can bet they will be somewhere.
7.( 8) Bishop Snyder= 22:13.4 This Cardinal team keeps moving up the rankings while their Coach Richard keeps falling down. This song dedication goes out to Coach Richard "Free fallin" by Tom Petty. Richard will star in the new TV commercials of "Help me I have fallen and can't get up!" Really Coach get better from your knee surgery! Gianna Forte has led this team to amazing season thus far and I expect the team to fly higher in the rankings these next two weeks. The Cardinals have run strong these past two weeks. They placed 7th at the UNF Invitational and won the Bainbridge Bearcat Invitational in Georgia this past weekend. The Cardinals will race this upcoming weekend at Katie Caples and should be a strong contender for a race for a team title.
8. (7) Out of Door Academy= 22:40.5 The Thunder stays consistent in the top 10. They competed the past two weekends at the Seffner Christian Invitational and the BR3 Sports Invitational. The Thunder's next big test will at Flrunners.at the end of the month.
9. (NR) Westminster Christian School 22:42.6 The Lions finished 2nd at the Spanish River XC Invitational this past weekend. Not sure what course the lions will roar into the next two, weeks.
10. (NR) Miami County Day School=22:47 the Spartans behind the strong 2nd place finish of Lauren McGaffic won the Spanish River XC Invitational this past weekend. The team placed 3rd on September 12th at the John I. Leonard Perseverance Invitational. They will compete at the Flrunners Invitational at the end of the month.
11. (10) Jupiter Christian=22;17.2 Mia Taylor and Kempar Reback keep this team solid through the first 4 weeks of the season. These two young ladies helped their team to a 3rd place finish at the King's academy Invitational on September 8th. Mia Taylor placed 6th at the Spanish River Invitational to help the team place 6th at the Spanish River Invitational on September 15th. The team also competed at the John I. Leonard Perseverance Invitational on September 13th. Not sure what course the Lions will roar into next.
12. (11) Southwest Florida Christian Academy=23:02 I love the name of this school! Sounds like a name of a new Florida airline. Welcome to the top 15 rankings! This Fort Meyers and Mariner Triton Invitational the past two weekends. The King will be competing in Flunners at the end of the month.
13. (14) The King's Academy= 22:28.3 Lions finished 7th at own Invitational on September 8th. The Lions finished 3rd at The Spanish River Invitational. Mia Rodriguez is a key runner for this team to continue to climb in the rankings. The Lions will roar into the Flrunners course at the end of the month.
14. (NR) St. John Paul II Academy=22:59.6 "JP are you with us!" Famous line from a hit Christian song, from Big Daddy Weave. The Eagles competed at the King's academy Invitational and the Spanish river Invitational the past two weeks. Amber Lopez is one to watch on this team. The Eagles will compete at flrunners at the end of the month. Got to root for this team- named after one of our newest Saints!
15. (9) Cardinal Mooney High School=23:09 The Cougars finished 7th at the Seffner Christian Invitational on September 8th. They competed this past weekend at the B3R Sports Invitational. Not sure where the Cougars prowl to next.
Other teams to watch out for:
Providence, Tampa Bay HEAT, Community Christian School (Tallahassee), South Florida HEAT and St. Joseph Academy
Commentary: Here are the individual rankings after four meets! Circle Christian has 3 runners in the top 15. Father Lopez has surprised the rankings again with 2 runners in the top 15! Who is their coach? Jupiter Christian have two runners in the top 15. The next two weeks should be some terrific races with some of these top individuals going head to head in the meets on tap. Eight girls have run new all-time personal best's all-ready this season! Can't wait to see what comes down the road. Twelve girls have broken 20:00 thus far and I know there will be more to come with the big meet this upcoming weekend of Katie Caples Saturday night and the following weekend the Flrunners Meet. Nice to see new faces making some big strides!
Rank. (Previous Rank) Name, Grade -- School = Comments
1. (NR) Carly McNatt, 8-Holy Trinity =Moves into the number one spot with a very impressive time of 18:13 at the Seffner Christian Invitational on September 8th. This is the only race Carly has raced this season thus far. She is also a top ranked junior tennis pro and has been competing on a club tennis circuit. Carly will be one the favorites for next week's Katie Caples Race Elite race Saturday night. Carly finished 6th at the state 1A Championships last fall with a time of 19:07.3. Her time of 18:13 is the third best time overall in the state for all classes!
2. (2) Sinkenesh Parker, 10 -- Circle Christian = 18:32.6 a new personal best! Sinkenesh set this new PR at the Buffalo Invitational on September 8th. She finished 4th overall in the race. Sinkenesh will be one to watch next Saturday at Katie Caples.
3. (3) Gianna Forte, 12-Bishop Snyder= 18:55.2 a new personal best. "This girl is on fire." This is a famous line form the hit song by Alicia Keys. Gianna is one fantastic senior year! Hopefully the best is yet to come for her. Gianna won the UNF XC Invitational on September 8th setting her new PR of 18:55.2. This past weekend her and her teammates travelled to Georgia for the Bainbridge Invite. Gianna won the race in 19:41 to help lead her team to the team title. Let's see if she can continue her streak at Katie Caples next week!
4.( 7) Lauren Jones, 7-Oak Hall=19:10.5 a new personal best. The Eagles are flying soaring high with this young lady! Lauren jumps three spots. Lauren finished 8th at the Ocala Horse Park Invitational on September8th and ran her new PR. Lauren finished third at the Bales and Trail Invite this past weekend with a time of 19:30. Look for her to spread her eagle wings again at Katie Caples this weekend.
5.(1) Mia Rodriguez, 9-The King's Academy=19:13.8. Mia won the King's Academy Invite on September 8th with a time of 19:17.6. Her time was only 4 seconds off of her PR she had set a week earlier at the Park Vista Cobra Country XC Inivte on September 1st. not sure where Mia will try and roar next.
6. (NR) Laci Watford, 9-University Christian School 19:25.0=Breaking into the top 10 for the first time this season. Laci ran a very impressive time at the UNF XC Invitational on September 7th. This is her first race of the season and a new PR. Laci will see if she can break this new PR at Katie Caples this Saturday.
7. ( 5) Brooke Mcewen, 11 -- Circle Christian 19:33.8 =Brooke came close to setting a new PR at the Buffalo Invitational on September 8th. Brooke finished 7th at his meet. She will be a 1-2 punch for the Circle Christian this Saturday at Katie Caples and watch for Brooke to set an all time PR at this upcoming meet.
8. ( 8) Jessica Edward,10-Canterbury School(Fort Meyers)= 19:34. Jessica running very consistent and strong these first few weeks of the season. Jessica took 2nd at the Fort Meyers Invite on September 8th and finished 3rd this past Friday night at the Babe Zabarias Twilight meet.
9. ( 6) Claire McDonnell, 11-Father Lopez= 19:49.3Claire drops three spots but runs her best time of the season at the Winter Springs Invitational on Friday 8/31. Claire then comes back with another strong performance at the Ocala Horse Park race with a 11th place finish in 19:51 and then rana 4th place finish on the very challenging Embry Riddle course this past Saturday. Claire is very focused and motivated right now entering the middle part of the season. A dark horse for sure.
10. (13) Kempar Reback,12, Jupiter Christian= 19:49.9 Kemper jumps three spots to break into the top 10! Kemper ran a new all- time PR at the King's academy XC Invitational on September 8th with a time of 19:49.9. Not sure where Kempar and her team are running in the next two weeks.
11.(8) Mary Peck,9-FLCHS=19:50.9 Mary drops three spots but continues to get stronger as the season moves on. Mary place 9th at the Ocala horse Park where she broke 20 for the first time ever with her 19:50.9. I call her Miss. Pacman. She looks like Mrs. Pacman in the video game chasing down her competition every week. Watch out as we continue this season, Mary could be a big surprise at the end of the season!
12. (11) Archike Parker,10-Circle Christian= 20:07.0Archike ran her season best not far off of her all-time PR at the Buffalo Invitational on September 8th. Archike finished 12th with the 20:07.0. This young lady along with her other team mates will be racing at Katie Caples this Saturday. I expect Archike to race to an all-time PR.
13, (NR) Lauren McGraffic 8-Miami County Day School=20:11 Lauren finished 2nd at the Spanish River XC Invitational on September 15th. Lauren's next big race with her team will be the Flrunners meet at the end of the month.
14. (NR) Claire Kennedy 10-, Westminster Christian= 20:27 Claire finished 3rd at the Spanish river XC Invitational on September 15th. Claire and her team will race on 9/21 at the Gulliver run for the Stars Invitational.
15. (NR) Sena Erickson, 12-Boca Raton Christian= 20:27 Sena finished 4th at the Spanish River XC Invitational on September 15th. Sena will run at the Miami Day Open with her team on 9/24.
Other individuals to watch out for:
Mia Taylor (Jupiter Christian), Amber Lopez (St. John Paul II Academy), Audrey Woods (Providence), Emily Horgen (Benjamin School) and Mulunesch Parker (Circle Christian)
2A Girls Rankings
By: Ryan Raposo, Gulliver Prep / St. Thomas University, firstname.lastname@example.org
Commentary: Everyone in the state is finally racing and most teams had a couple of races over the past two weeks. This is the first time we should get a solid look at what the state meet would look like; my rankings traditionally show the top 24 in the State based on the top 6 from each Region advancing. Once again Region 4 is showing a ridiculous amount of depth with all 6 schools landing in the top 10. If I have missed something, please let me know!
Rank. (Previous Rank) Team, Region # - Comments
1. (1) Pine Crest, R4 #1 - Did not run their full squad at Spanish River although their previous #5 had a great race and is now their #3 for season bests. Although their returning #2-3 from last season, who were 3rd and 4th at State last season, have yet to debut in a major meet, they will stay atop the 2A girls rankings.
2. (2) Bolles, R1 #1 - Won the Bale-N-Trail with a 19:49 team average and a 46s spread. Not all of their girls had the best day because based on season bests their sporting a 19:40 team average with an amazing 13s spread. Currently the only team in 2A to have five girls under 20, with their 6th at 20:01.
3. (3) Montverde Academy, R2 #1 - Picked up back-to-back wins the last two weeks at the Horse Park and Early Hawk Invitationals. The squad ran 20:05 and 20:02 averages respectively and are holding strong at the #3 position, although they are still looking for some consistency in the back half of their varsity.
4. (5) Citrus Park Christian, R3 #1 - Finished 3rd at the Horse Park with a team average of 20:14. Similar to Montverde, their problem is on the back half of varsity. Without consistency and depth it will be hard for them to continue moving up the rankings beyond 4th.
5. (7) Trinity Prep, R2 #2 - Looking very strong over the past two weeks as they won the Astronaut Invite by a 40 point margin over St. Brendan, followed by a tight 2nd place finish at St. Cloud. At those meets they ran a team average of 20:33 and 20:32 respectively.
6. (4) Rockledge, R4 #2 - Finished 3rd at UNF with a team average of 22:02, however their #2 had a bad day and they were missing their #3-4-6 runners. They fall off their top 5 position and will need to show a little more consistency to prevent more teams from jumping up over them.
7. (6) St. Brendan, R4 #3 - Finished 2nd at the Astronaut Invitational behind Trinity Prep with a team average of 21:08 and a spread of 1:10. No improvement in the top 5 compared to DDD, although there was a debate about the true length of that venue. We'll see their true performances at difficult L&P this week.
8. (NR) Calvary Christian Academy, R4 #4 - Shot out of a cannon! If rankings were due last week they would have been ranked 11th after finishing in 3rd at King of the Hill with a team average of 22:02. However, just one week later they went out and won the Spanish River 1A/2A division in decisive fashion with a team average of 20:59 and a solid 1:34 spread which puts them at #8. Sky's the limit for this young CCA who is led by a strong #1 transfer and is followed by the rest of their varsity that is made up of middle schoolers.
9. (8) Satellite, R4 #5 - Finished 7th at Horse Park with a team average of 21:26, with their #4 having a bad day. Considering that, they were able to run an improved spread of 2:08 compared to their two previous meets. If they keep improving that spread that'll help them move up the rankings.
10. (9) Titusville, R4 #6 - Finished in 8th at Astronaut with a team average of 21:54, but without their #5-6, followed by 3rd place finish at Embry Riddle with a team average of 22:47 on what was described to me as a very difficult (about ~1 minute slow) course. Hopefully they have their full squad intact at their next competition to get a better feel for the back half of their varsity.
11. (10) Bishop Verot, R3 #2 - Finished 5th at Fort Myers with a team average of 22:46 and a 1:12 spread That was followed up with a more impressive performance at Mariner Triton as their 1-4 ran a tight 22s spread, without their #5 in attendance, and ran a 22:04 team average.
12. (18) Berkeley Prep, R3 #3 - Opened up their season by finished 10th at Horse Park running a team average of 21:52 with an impressive 36s spread, which they followed up with a 4th place finish at Wiregrass Ranch running a 22:04 team average with a 35s spread. Great pack work!
13. (12) Academy of Holy Names, R3 #4 - Opened up their season by finishing 3rd at Wiregrass Ranch running a team average of 22:01 with a 3:37 spread, the bulk of that being between their #4 and #5.
14. (14) Tavares, R2 #3 - Finished 17th at Horse Park with a team average of 23:00 but without their #4, then followed that up with a NTS at Mohney Memorial missing their #2-3-5. However, their team average based on season bests, and if they can put it all together on the same day, would have them at 21:51.
15. (16) Lake Highland Prep, R2 #4 - Finished 4th at the always suspect Buffalo Invitational running a team average of 21:11, which is a one week improvement of 1:13 from their previous competition.
16. (15) Episcopal, R1 #2 - Finished 6th at UNF with a team average of 22:46, but without their #3; currently listed as 22:08 in the database for their full squad based on season bests.
17. (11) West Florida Tech, R1 #4 - Finished 13th at Bale-N-Trail with a team average of 23:03, still without last year's #2 or #5 runners; without those two, they'll drop in the rankings this week. However, their team average based on season bests land them at 22:25.
18. (21) Bishop Kenny, R1 #3 - Finished in 9th place at Bale-N-Trail running a team average of 22:41 with a 1:49 spread. Interestingly enough it appears they raced their JV at UNF to which their top performer in that competition would be their new #3 on paper. Team average based on season bests is 22:37.
19. (19) Citrus, R2 #5 - Finished in 18th at Horse Park with a team average of 22:50 and consistency running a team spread in the mid 3 minute range, with a two minute gap between their #3-4.
20. (20) Nature Coast, R2 #6 - Finished 22nd at Horse Park with a team average of 24:24 without their #1, which was followed up by a runner-up finish at the Shark Invitational running a team average of 22:59.
21. (23) South Walton, R1 #5 - Finished in 5th at the Bay Invitational running a 23:58 team average without their #2, which they followed with a 3rd place finish at Red Hills running a 23:10 team average without their #5. Based on season bests their team average is 22:57.
22. (17) Frostproof, R3 #5 - Opened up their season at Seffner Christian running a 23:37 team average and only racing 5 girls in varsity. That was followed up by 3rd place finish at their home invitational running a 24:41 team average, without their #3, and again only racing 5 girls in varsity.
23a. (22b) Clearwater Central Catholic, R3 #6 - Finished in 14th at Seffner Christian running a team average of 24:44 without their #4. That was followed up by a 3rd place finish at Tri City with a 25:35 team average and again without their #4.
23b. (22a) McKeel Academy, R3 #7 - Won the Frostproof Invitational with a team average of 24:07 and a spread of 1:41. They have a better pack than CCC, but don't have the stronger front runner.
24a. (24) Wakulla, R1 #6 - Meet results from their Prefontaine competition?
24b. (NR) Pensacola Catholic, R1 #7 - Finish 2nd at the WF Quad Meet running a team average of 24:29 which puts them in a fighting position for the final state qualifying spot in Region 1.
Dropped from the rankings:
(13a) Carrollton, R4 #7 - Did a pack run at King of the Hill two weeks ago followed up by a 3rd place finish at Spanish River with a team average of 21:54, a team spread of 1:06, and without their #1.
(13b) Ransom Everglades, R4 #8 - Finished in 4th at Spanish River with a team average of 21:44, which is somewhat skewed because of their strong #1, and that was also without racing their #3.
(13c) Gulliver Prep, R4 #9 - Finished 2nd at Spanish River with a team average of 21:28, which is greatly skewed because of their strong #1. They need to tighten their pack to catch the teams above them.
Commentary: Not a lot of shake-ups in the individual rankings. Biggest things to note is that two Pine Crest's top girls have still yet to debut, while the Bolles express coming up strong into the rankings with their great pack. If there is anything I am missing, please let me know!
Rank. (Previous Rank) Name, Grade -- Team = Times & Comments
1. (1) Tsion Yared, 11 -- Pine Crest = setting another course record at Tropical running 18:13 to win the King of the Hill Invitational, while looking like she was doing a training run; very smooth!
2. (2) Rebecca Clark, 12 -- The Villages = 18:15 for the win at the Buffalo Invitational
3. (4) Lily Henne, 9 -- Montverde Academy = Staying very consistent win her last two races, Horse Park and Early Hawk, with times of 18:34 and 18:29.
4. (3) Mahdere Yared, 10 -- Pine Crest = IDLE
5. (6) Jacqueline Abanses, 10 -- Citrus Park Christian = A consistent sub 19 performance finishing in 3rd at Horse Park with a time of 18:54
6. (5) Kendyl Cardwell, 10 -- Montverde Academy = Ran 19:18 at Horse Park to finish 9th and was the runner-up with a time of 19:06 at Early Hawk
7. (7) Emily Faulhaber, 11 -- Pine Crest = 19:23 to finish 3rd at the King of the Hill
8. (9) Maya Beleznay, 11 -- Pine Crest = IDLE
9. (10) Eleanor Tymorek, 10 -- Saint Andrew's = Dropped another 9 seconds from her previous race to run an 18:51 to take the win at Spanish River 1A/2A
10. (12) Natalie Varela, 11 -- Gulliver Prep = Ran 19:55 for 4th place at King of the Hill which was followed up by a strong runner-up finish at Spanish River 1A/2A with a time of 19:03
11. (14) Lydia Friedman, 11 -- Citrus Park Christian = 19:08 for the 7th place finish at Horse Park
12. (11) Billie Castillo, 11 -- Titusville = Ran 19:40 at Astronaut to finish 3rd, followed by a 20:23 on a very difficult Embry-Riddle course
13. (13) Emily Vargas, 11 -- Avon Park = 19:37 for 5th at Seffner Christian followed by 19:25 to win Frostproof
14. (BOLO) Elizabeth Csikai, 8 -- Bolles = 19:35 to finish 4th at Bale-N-Trail
15. (BOLO) Helena Kummings, 11 -- Bolles = 19:38 to finish 5th at Bale-N-Trail
16. (14) Audrey McAnally, 11 -- Trinity Prep = 19:50 to finish 4th at Astronaut and 19:41 to finish 9th at St. Cloud
17. (BOLO) Ella Mickler, 8 -- Bolles = 19 = 19:43 to finish 6th at Bale-N-Trail
18. (NR) Madison Monroe, 9 -- Ransom Everglades = 19:43 to finish 3rd at Spanish River 1A/2A
19. (BOLO) Maxine Montoya, 10 -- Bolles = 19:48 to finish 7th at Bale-N-Trail
20. (NR) Moriah Friedman, 9 -- Citrus Park Christian = 19:51 to finish 12th at Horse Park
Other individuals to watch out for:
(8) Nicole Matysik, 12 -- Key West = Ran 20:17 to finish 5th at King of the Hill after cruising the first two miles
(BOLO) Margaret Ward, 12 -- Rockledge = 19:55 to finish 6th at UNF
(15) Maeve O'Riordan, 12 -- Bolles
(BOLO) Hayley Barrett, 12 -- Rockledge
From previous ranking, either IDLE or have not yet broken 20:00:
(BOLO) Alexandra Cisneros, 12 -- Lake Highland Prep
(BOLO) Marisa Ashley, 10 -- Arnold
(BOLO) Layne Rivera, 10 -- Bolles
(BOLO) Jillian Candelino, 8 -- Bolles
(BOLO) Megan Hughes, 11 -- Academy of Holy Names
(BOLO) Noemi Kerjean, 11 -- St. Brendan
(BOLO) Patasha Bryan, 10 -- South Walton
(BOLO) Cristal Gomez, 9 -- Frostproof
(BOLO) Ryleigh Sperry, 9 -- Montverde Academy
(BOLO) Sydney Avery, 12 -- Berkeley Prep
(BOLO) Gabriella Rybinski, 10 -- Frostproof
(BOLO) Alaina Pisello, 10 -- Trinity Prep
(BOLO) Catherine Kunz, 10 -- Bolles
(BOLO) Amanda Schwartz, 10 -- Pine Crest
(BOLO) Savannah Schwab, 12 -- Tavares
(BOLO) Leila Bata, 7 -- Bolles
3A Girls Rankings
By: Steve Farnsworth, Lecanto HS, email@example.com
Commentary: With four weeks of racing under our belts, it's much clearer which teams are solid performers, and which teams are artifacts of fast courses. The rankings are now based solely on performances since September 1st to eliminate ranking skew from fast and questionable courses, and to keep the rankings as current as possible. This poll lists the top six teams in each region, plus the next best team as a wild card. Teams that are top-25, but were bumped out by being in a tough region are listed under honorable mention. Team averages are given for reference only and are not the only basis for rankings, and do not follow them completely -- course conditions, head to head competition, and team depth is also considered. Times from known or suspected fast courses have had time added to them, while known slow courses had time deducted.
Rank, (Previous Rank), Team, Region, Team Average/Comments
1. (1) Chiles, 1, 19:07 (+20). The Timberwolves won the Buffalo Invite over a weak field on a fast course, and trotted to an easy win at their home meet.
2. (2) Creekside, 1, 20:02. The Knights are closing the gap on Chiles with a nice win at Bale-n-Trail and the return of their top runner.
3. (3) Osceola (Seminole), 3, 20:43. The Warriors won the Running with the Bulls meet by putting five runners in the top eleven.
4. (4) Naples, 3, 20:55 (+20). The Eagles won the Ft. Myers Invite and then the Spanish River 3A race on a known fast course.
5. (12) Sunlake, 2, 20:49 (+20). The Seahawks were third at the Buffalo Invite on a fast course and won the Shark Invite over a weak field on a sweltering course.
6. (15) Charlotte, 3, 21:26. The Tarpons were a lackluster third at the Ft. Myers Invite, but came back strong to win the Mariner Triton Invite.
7. (6) Ft. Myers, 3, 21:30. The Green Wave took second at their home meet and third at the B3R Sports Invite.
8. (7) Cape Coral, 3, 21:27. The Seahawks were a disappointing seventh at the Ft. Myers Invite, but rebounded to take second at the Mariner Triton Invite.
9. (8) Viera, 4, 21:09 (+20). The Hawks took fourth at the St. Cloud Invite on a fast course.
10. (NR) Robinson, 3, 21:41. The Knights have proven to be a pretty good team once they finally raced.
11. (10) Harmony, 2, 21:26 (+20). The Longhorns took fifth at the St. Cloud Invite on a fast course.
12. (11) Ponte Vedra, 1, 21:46. The Sharks took fourth at the Astronaut Invite and fifth at Bale-n-Trail.
13. (13) Leon, 1, 21:52. The Lions placed second at the Red Hills Invite behind Chiles.
14. (9) St. Augustine, 1, 21:57. The Yellowjackets finished sixth at Bale-n-Trail.
15. (NR) Gulf Breeze, 1, 21:58. The Dolphins won the Wildcat Invite and climbed back into the rankings.
16. (16) Ft. Walton Beach, 1, 22:07. The Vikings took second at the Bay Invite and defeated a partial-strength Niceville squad to win the Dolphin Dash Invite and retain their wild card spot.
17. (18) Matanzas, 2, 22:19. The Pirates were ninth at the Astronaut Invitational.
18. (19) Ocala Vanguard, 2, 22:06. The Knights placed 12th at FL Horse Park but ran poorly at Bale-n-Trail.
19. (25) Dillard, 4, 22:06 (+20). The Panthers took an impressive second in the Spanish River 3A race.
20. (21) Gainesville, 2, 22:28. The Hurricanes finished fourteenth at the Florida Horse Park Invitational.
21. (17) Land O'Lakes, 2, 22:32. The Gators were fourth at Babe Zaharias, but their lack of depth is dragging them down.
22. (22) West Shore, 4, 22:33. The Wildcats took fifth at the UNF Invitational.
23. (14) South Fork, 4, 22:42. The Bulldogs have dropped in the rankings with their No. 1 runner missing.
24. (NR) Jensen Beach, 4, 23:19. The Falcons have moved into the rankings as other Region 4 teams falter.
25. (NR) Mater, 4, 22:59 (+20). The Lions have depth issues and may not be able to maintain this ranking.
Bartram Trail, 1, 22:17. The Bears were seventh at Bale-n-Trail and are still in the Region 1 race.
Nease, 1, 22:13. The Panthers were eighth at Bale-n-Trail and still have a shot in Region 1.
Niceville, 1, 22:20. The Eagles need to run harder and use full teams if they want remain in the rankings. Palmetto Ridge, 3, 22:29. The Bears finished fourth at the Mariner Triton Invite.
Gulf Coast, 3, 22:30. The Sharks' lack of depth is dropping them in the rankings.
Commentary: The last two weeks' times and the course adjustments are being used in the same way as in the team rankings. Two-week season bests are listed, but are not the sole factor in rankings - head to head competition, and consistency in times is also considered.
Rank, (Previous Rank) Name, Grade, Team, 3 Week SB / Comments
1. (2) Valerie Lastra, 11, Mater Academy, 18:00 (+20). Won large school race at the Spanish River Invite in course record time.
2. (5) Cheyenne Young, 12, Cape Coral, 18:34. Took the top spot at the Mariner Triton Invite.
3. (4) Parker Valby, 11, East Lake, 18:58 (-20). Finished third at the Seffner Christian Invite on the always tough Holloway Park course.
4. (6) Emily Culley, 12, Chiles, 18:21 (+20). Placed second behind Rebecca Clark at the Buffalo Invite on a fast course.
5. (10) Liina Winborn, 11, Sunlake, 18:26 (+20). Was right on Culley's heels at the Buffalo Invite.
6. (1) Natalie Abernathy, 12, Land O'Lakes, 18:54. Won the Babe Zaharias Twilight meet but wasn't pushed.
7. (7) Claire Openshaw, 11, Creekside, 18:57. Claimed top spot at Bale-n-Trail and second at the UNF Invite.
8. (8) Caitlyn Wilkey, 11, Chiles, 18:40 (+20). Finished fifth at the Buffalo Invite on a fast course.
9. (22) Ani Veltcheva, 9, Gainesville, 19:07. Took sixth place at FL Horse Park against tough competition.
10. (3) Lillian Holtery, 10, Niceville, NT. Did not run during this ranking period.
11. (14) Alyson Churchill, 11, Chiles, 18:51(+20). Finished sixth at the Buffalo Invite on a fast course.
12. (12) Estefania Acosta, 12, Land O'Lakes, 19:15. Took second at the Babe Zaharias Twilight Challenge.
13. (17) Elizabeth Iliff, 10, Creekside, 19:16. Finished third at the UNF Invite, second at Bale-n-Trail.
14. (9) Isabella Coogan, 12, Port Charlotte, 19:37 (-20). Won Ft. Myers Invite, was second at Spanish River.
15. (11) Abby Schrobilgen, 9, Chiles, 19:23. Claimed the Red Hills Invite title as her teammates took it easy.
16. (NR) Josephine Gregory, 11, Pace, 19:27. Gets back into rankings with a nice win at the Wildcat Invite.
17. (15) Taylor Stone, 10, Osceola (Seminole), 19:30. Placed second at Running with the Bulls.
18. (18) Kambry Smith, 10, Ft. Walton Beach, 19:44. Won the Bay and Dolphin Dash Invites.
19. (16) Hannah Spooneybarger, 12, Gulf Breeze, 19:48. Finished second at the Wildcat Invite.
20. (13) Emma Cavendish, 11, Dwyer, NT. Did not run during this ranking period.
21. (NR) Erica Fisher, 12, Pace. 19:49. Gets back into rankings with a second-place finish at the Bay Invite.
22. (25) Blake Petrick, 10, Creekside, 19:52. Took fifth at the UNF Invite and eighth at Bale-n-Trail.
23. (NR) Morgan Palmer, 12, Palmetto Ridge, 19:53. Finished second at the Mariner Triton Invite.
24. (NR) Lindsay James, 10, Chiles, 19:48 (+20). Gets back into rankings with an eighth-place finish at the Buffalo Invite on a fast course.
25. (NR) Shannon Gordy, 10, Sunlake, 20:08. Won the Shark Invitational on a sweltering course.
On the Bubble:
Naila Etique, 10, Nease, 20:12. Finished ninth at Bale-n-Trail.
Olivia Miller, 12, Chiles, 19:55 (+20). Placed ninth at the Buffalo Invite on a fast course.
4A Girls Rankings
by Paul Opitz, Sarasota Riverview HS, firstname.lastname@example.org
Commentary: Here are the team state rankings!
Rank. (Previous Rank) Team -- Comments
1. (5) Newsome = won the BR3 invite at the farm 46pts, avg 20:33, looks like their JV could make to the state meet in another region, great job ladies, you can see what summer training and great leadership can do.
2. (8) HB Plant = 2nd at Br3 invite 60pts, avg 20:34 led by the little sisters and overall winner Mary Ellen Eudely in 19:04 on muddy and sloppy course plus Arlie Rubin 6th place finish. Also Olivia Manno 5th place finish.
3. (1) Winter Park = Too bad they don't race more. 2nd at the Horse Park avg 20:41
4. (2) Lake Brantley = won St Cloud Invite in a close over WS 68pts, avg 20:13
5. (3) Winter Springs = 3rd at St Cloud 72 pts, avg 20:18, they have three ladies capable of breaking 19 min, on any given Sat, Bahr, Wells and Mackenzie Czuark
6. (4) G Holmes Braddock = won Spanish River 62pts, avg 20:25
7. (7) OLOL = 2nd at Spanish River 85pts, avg 20:47, best race of the season.
8. (6) George Jenkins = 2nd at Wiregrass Ranch at one of the most scenic and best courses in the state
9. (NR) Fleming Island = 5th at Horse Park, Won Bob Hans Invite
10. (NR) Sarasota = won Seffner Christian
11. (14) Lakewood Ranch = 4th at BR3 Invite, without top runner
12. (10) Wharton = 5th at BR3 170 pts
13. (9) Steinbrenner = 6th at BR3 Invite 173 pts
14. (11) Lake Minneola
15. (NR) St. Thomas Aquinas = 3rd at Spanish River
16. (12) Spanish River = 4th at their own Invite
Commentary: Here are the individual state rankings!
Rank. Name, Grade -- School = Comments
1. (1) Alyssa Hendrix, 11 -- Riverview = still 4a undefeated 2nd at Seffner Christian 18:38
2. (2) Ashley Klingenberg, 11 -- Lake Brantley = won St Cloud Invite 18:41
3. (NR) Amber Schulz, 9 -- Timber Creek = 2nd at St Cloud in 18:49, it's enough to make coach Gardner come out of retirement, if he is not too busy with his singing career.
4. (8) Mackenzie Czurak, 11 -- Winter Springs = 3rd at St Cloud 18:56
5. (4) Rylee Pustilink, 11 -- Spanish River = won Spanish River invite 18:32, nice job defending your home turf.
6. (12) Elayna Bahr, 11 -- Winter Springs = 4th at St Cloud 19:03
7. (3) Cadi Rowe, 12 -- Lake Minneola = 4th at the horse park 18:57
8. (NR) Mary Ellen Eudaly, 9 -- HB Plant = the next great plant runner, won uneven BR3 Invite 19:04
9. (13) Caroline Lehman, 9 -- Manatee = 2nd at the BR3 Invite 19:05
10. (5) Pia Beaulieu, 10 -- Boca Raton = 2nd at Spanish River 18:53
11. (16) Chloe Hyde, 12 -- Lake Brantley = 5th at St Cloud 19:04
12. (7) Alicia Ruiz, 10 -- George Jenkins = won Wiregrass Ranch, one of the nicest courses around in 19:22
13. (BOLO) Anna Senter, 11 -- George Jenkins = 3rd at the Ranch 19:33
14. (BOLO) Alexandra Del Re, 11 -- Jupiter = 3rd Spanish River 19:18
15. (9) Keleigh Scallon, 10 -- Newsome = 3rd at the farm 19:22
Other names to watch:
Olivia Manno-HB Plant, Alexandra Straumann, Sarah Magee-Steinbrenner, Emma Solis-Newsome, Lisa Adjouadi-Holmes Braddock, Jordan Shapiro-Miami Palmetto, Emma Noel-Winter Park
BOYS STATE RANKINGS
1A Boys Rankings
by 1A Pollster, Ghost Writer HS -- email@example.com
Commentary: As we enter the "latter half of September" -- almost all teams have now run at least one big Invitational, and rankings start to make some more sense.
Rank. (Previous Rank) Team -- Comments
1. (1) Mount Dora Christian -- Nothing changes at the very Top. Mount Dora sits - and will remain comfortably at the top - until someone rises to the challenge. Gabriel Curtis threw down a 15:49 (PR) to win the Babe Zaharias Twilight - #2 - #5 have season bests of 17:00 -- 17:59.
2. (4) Seffner Christian --The most surprising and fastest moving team in the rankings . Team has no runners at the very top, but brothers John and Paul McKenzie took 2nd and 4th at Wiregrass this weekend and lead a good group with a 1:35 1-5 split
3. (2) The King's Academy (West Palm Beach) -- Junior Cameron Dunn led the team with a 17:02 at Spanish River this weekend. King's Academy won the 1A boys division, defeating 17 other 1A schools (Mount Dora and Seffner were not there)
4. (NR) The Pine School - Gotta give props to this team that went out there and placed 2nd in 1A Saturday - beating (formerly) higher ranked Benjamin School.
5. (NR) Benjamin School - They score higher in virtual meet but lost head-to-head to The Pine School Saturday - (granted, they were missing #5 Trevor Natile)
6. (3) Oak Hall -- Austin Montini leads this team which continues to impress -- about a 49 second gap between #4 and #5 -- if this can tighten up, Oak Hall could / should be a top 3 team at State.
7. (5) Providence -- Still making good strides, filling the gap of losing their #1 runner to transfer. Providence sports a very strong 1-2, and then need #3-#5 to continue slimming up the gap.
8. (6) Marco Island -- Team running well with (currently) a 5th man problem -- (1:26 between #4 and #5) -- if this closes to about 30 seconds, team rank would probably shoot from 8th to 4th
9. (7) Circle Christian -- Solid 1-5 pack of 1:30 -- moving along nicely !
10. (9) Bishop Snyder -- Placed 2nd at Trinity (Jacksonville) Invite this weekend. Great pack, but need top 2 up closer to 17:30 if they are to maintain their streak of Top 10 finishes at State
Other teams to watch for:
> Father Lopez -- Looking strong and good post-season team
> (8) Maclay -- Gary Droze is the master at the late-season peak
> Pensacola Christian -- Another good coach in Scott Cochran
> Trinity Christian (Jacksonville) -- Surprisingly good team in a tough District (with Providence, Bishop Snyder, St Joseph's and St Johns Country Day)
> (10) St Joseph's -- Don't bet against new coach Danny Weed !
Rank (Previous Rank) - Name, Grade -- School - Comments
1. (1) Gabriel Curtis, 12 - Mount Dora -- hands-down #1 after his 15:49 to win Babe Zaharias Saturday.
2. (2) Joseph Anderson, 11 - South Florida HEAT - Has run 16:33 twice this season (park Vista and Spanish River) -- laying to rest some "rumors" about the Park Vista course length (at least for him)
3. (3) Austin Montini, 10 - Oak Hall -- 3 times between 16:37 and 16:51 this year -- placed 8th at Bale and Trail against a very tough field
4. (NR) Ted Twyman, 12 - The Benjamin School -- solid 16:48 at Spanish River (new PR, beating his time from regionals last fall)
5. (4) Junious Brown IV, 11 - Maclay -- 17:00 best for the season (still about 30 seconds off of last season but the big meets lay ahead !)
6. (8) Jackson Pruim, 12 - Mount Dora -- Also with a 17:00 season best -- and also about 30 seconds off of last year's form.
7. (5) Cameron Dunn, 11 - King's Academy - Ran 17:02 at Spanish River, matching his tome form State meet last year
8. (NR) John McKenzie, 11 - Seffner Christian -- 17:06 season best -- looking to get down to last season's best of 16:44. Faster course and good opportunities lay ahead
9. (6) Xander Peacock, 11 - Blountstown - Ran 17:09 PR at Big Bend at backed it up with a 17:12 at Dolphin Dash this weekend - on a slower course
10. (7) Ethan Tank, 10 - Southwest Florida Christian - 17:10 season best at DDD Sommer
Other individuals to watch for:
(9) Jonathan Pitchford - 10 -- Marathon HS
(10) Julian Rashid - 12 - Florida Christian School
Tanner Rosolino - 12 - Father Lopez
Steven Cartwright - 9 - Providence
Zach Rohrbough - 12 - John Carroll
2A Boys Rankings
By: Carlos Maymi, St. Brendan / St. Thomas University, firstname.lastname@example.org
Rank. (Previous Rank) Team- Comments
1. (1) Bolles HS- the best team by far, with or without their top runners on the varsity team they would still be easily ranked in the top 3.
2. (2) Satellite High School- with an impressive run at horse park, still impressive even at third place only falling behind two state #1 teams.
3. (3) Bishop Kenny- with a pack 1-5 split of 40 secs if this team continues improve together we are looking at a solid 3rd place separating them along with the top two teams.
4. (5) Lake Highland Prep- solid pack and great one point win at buffalo this team moves up one spot.
5. (4) Astronaut- not their best race, but at an extremely difficult race at Embry Riddle. I think this team could rebound at their next race.
6. (7) Lakes Wales
7. (9) Ransom Everglades School
8. (10) Pine Crest
9. (6) Key West- I'd like to see them in more races
10. (NR) LaBelle
11. (11) Titusville
12. (12) Cocoa Beach
13. (NR) Dunbar
14. (14) Bishop Moore
15. (NR) Port Orange Atlantic
Dropped from rankings:
(8) Fernandina Beach, (13) Rockledge, (15) South Walton
Rank. (Previous Rank) Name, Team
1. (1) Charles Hicks, Bolles
2. (2) Benjamin Foltz, Bolles
3. (4) Chase Rivera, Bolles
4. (3) Gabriel Montague, Satellite
5. (5) Troy Smith, Rockledge
6. (14) John Sorensen, Fernandina Beach
7. (6) Robert Pedroza, Key West
8. (7) Jacob Hensley, Citrus
9. (8) Andreson Denton, Lake Wales
10. (9) Alexander Hastings, Bolles
11. (10) Justin Wilson, Satellite
12. (11) Gaven O'brien, Astronaut
13. (NR) John Jessup, Gulf HS
14. (13) Josh Stern- Satellite HS
15. (15) Matthew Cummings, Cocoa Beach
Others to look out for:
(12) Owen Allen, Key West
3A Boys Rankings as of 9/18/19
4A Boys Rankings as of 9/18/18
by 4A Pollster - email@example.com
Commentary: The anticipated showdown at B3R between #'s 1 & 2 never materialized as Sarasota chose to tempo the event rather than race. Please send your comments or input to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rank. (Previous Rank) School, Region # = Top 5 avg. s.b. / Recent Finish(es)
1. (T-1) Steinbrenner HS, R2 = 16:51 / 4th @ Horse Park & 1st @ B3R
2. (T-1) Sarasota HS, R2 = 17:04 / 1st @ Seffner Christian & Tempo @ B3R
3. (3) Oviedo HS, R1 = 16:51 / 1st Place @ Astronaut & 2nd @ Embry Riddle (w/o Mamush)
4. (5) Windermere, R1 = 17:13 / 5th @ Horse Park & 1st @ Embry Riddle
5. (7) Spanish River, R3 = 17:11 / & 1st @ Spanish River
6. (11) Plant, R2 = 17:18 / 3rd @ Seffner & 2nd @ B3R
7. (4) Newsome, R2 = 17:14 / & 4th @B3R
8. (9) Wharton, R2 = 17:19 / & 5th @ B3R
9. (12) Fleming Island, R1 = 17:23 / & 1st Bale & Trail
10. (6) Columbus, R4 = 17:30 / & 2nd @ Spanish River
11. (10) St. Thomas Aquinas, R3 = 17:17 / & 3rd @ Spanish River
12. (8) Coral Park, R4 = 17:33 / & 4th @ Spanish River
13. (13) Bucholz, R1 = 17:38 / 7th @ Bale & Trail & 7th & Horse Park
14. (NR) Lake Mary, R1 = 17:39 / 1st @ Lake Mary
15. (14) Olympia, R1 = 17:47 / 1st @ Early Hawk
Other teams to watch for:
(15) West Orange, R1 = 17:42 / 2nd @ Early Hawk
(NR) Dr. Phillips, R1 = 18:03 / 3rd @ Deland
(NR) Deland, R1 = 17:56 / 4th @ Deland
(NR) Mandarin, R1 = 18:06 / 3rd @ Bob Hans
(NR) Martin County, R3 = 18:00 / 2nd @ Park Vista
Rank. (Previous Rank) Name, Grade -- School = Season Best / Recent
1. (3) Jonathan Reid, 12 - Lakewood Ranch HS = 15:58 / 15:58 (1st @ B3R)
2. (5) Angel Vicioso, 12, - Oviedo HS = 15:59 / 16:49 (1st @ Embry Riddle)
3. (NR) Aidan Breslin, 11 - St. Thomas Aquinas HS = 15:53 (1st @ Spanish River)
4. (1) Ben Hartvigsen, 12 -- Sarasota HS = 16:05 (1st @ Seffner) / 17:06 (12th @ B3R)
5. (NR) Michael Fiore, 10 - Ft. Lauderdale HS = 16:15 (2nd @ Spanish River)
6. (5) Kayamo Galloway, 11 - Oviedo HS = 16:19 / 17:28 (3rd @ Embry Riddle)
7. (4) Brady Zimmerman, 12 - George Jenkins HS = 16:22 / 16:40 (2nd @ Whitmire)
8. (NR) Nehemiah Rivers, 12 - Wharton HS = 16:21 (3rd # B3R)
9. (9) Zachary Cloud, 11 - St. Cloud HS = 16:23 (3rd @ Astronaut / 18:13 (22n @ St. Cloud)
10. (10) Caden Monk, 12 - Bucholz HS = 16:27 / 16:35 (3rd @ Bale & Trail)
11. (2) Isaias De La Puente, 12 -- Forrest Hill HS = 16:31 (1st @ Park Vista)
12. (7) Yonas Sauers, 11 - Alonso HS = 16:32 / 16:58 (3rd @ Seffner)
13. (8) Davis Bly, 12 - Steinbrenner HS = 16:27 / 16:52 (9th @ B3R)
14. (11) Nick Miller 12 West Orange HS - 16:39 / 16:45 (1st @ Early Hawk)
15. (14) Dominic Acosta, 11 - Newsome HS = 16:39 (5th @ B3R) / 16:47 (4th @ Lecanto)
Other individuals to watch:
(NR) Kameron Wallizada, 10 - Fleming Island HS = 16:39 / 16:40 (4th @ Bale & Trail)
(NR) Samuel Munera, 12 - Jupiter HS = 16:38 (3rd @ Spanish River)
(15) Zac Vincenni, 11- Spanish River HS = 16:41 (4th @ Park Vista) / 16:57 (8th @ Spanish River)
(12) Mamush Galloway, 11 - Oviedo HS = 16:42 (7th @ Astronaut) / DNR @ Embry Riddle
(NR) Ryan Gorman, 12 - Steinbrenner HS - 16:39 / 16:50 (8th @ B3R)
- Please remember that all of these rankings are done by volunteer coaches and are meant to increase the overall enjoyment of the sport for athletes, coaches, parents, and fans. They are just for fun and should not have a lot of weight put on them. But if you have issues (such as a missed athlete or team), please email the individual pollster for your classification & gender.
- Please direct any major concerns to Flrunners Power User / FACA Rankings Representative: Ryan Raposo @ email@example.com