THIS MEET IS FULL.
The 2nd annual GJ Invitational event will take place on February 17th, 2018. We are looking forward to hosting this event and we are looking forward to great competition. The entry fee will be $75 per team or $120 per school. Checks need to be made out to George Jenkins. If mailed ahead of time please send to George Jenkins High School, Attn: Dale Meskimen, 6000 Lakeland Highlands Road, Lakeland, FL 33813.
This meet will be limited to the first 24 schools that respond. Please contact Coach Dale Meskimen @ 863-370-8796 or email email@example.com.
All teams will be limited to 3 individuals per event, and one relay team per event except for the 800m, 1600m and 3200m races which will have unlimited entries, but only the top 3 finishers will have the chance to score. We have a brand new synthetic track with great facilities! There will be a full concession stand for convenience. All venues are located in or right next to the track facility.
Awards will be given to the top 8 athletes and trophies will be given to the championship and runner-up teams.
Entries: Due by 11:59pm, Wednesday, February 14th.
Admission: $5.00; 5 and under-Free
Concessions will be available.
1. All FHSAA rules will be in effect. We will have a certified FHSAA Official on hand.
2. All athletes are to sit on the visitors side. The home side will be kept open for spectators. No athletes will be allowed on the field unless they are participating in an event. Athletes not in compliance will be disqualified. This includes coaches. Head Coaches make sure any assistant coaches you have understand this. Athletes will report ready to compete. This will be strictly enforced! Warm-ups are to take place behind the visitor stands.
3. With the new order of events the infield will be closed to ALL except the competing athletes. Coaches, make sure your athletes, friends and family know this. If an athlete not competing is caught on the infield they will be disqualified. Anyone else on the infield who is not supposed to be will be escorted out of the facility.
4. The track surface is rubber. 1/4 Pyramid Spikes Only.
5. I will have people already lined up to run the field events so coaches will not be needed to help.
The meet will be scored by the following point system
Individual Scoring/Relay Scoring 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
Coaches Meeting in front of the Press Box. This will be a scratch meeting only. Please try to be there by this time. The meet will start at 9:00 a.m.
Field Events (Finals only, 4 attempts only, with exception of the HJ and PV. After we have established a 10th place then all others will have their first legal attempt measured and then will have to pass the marker for measurement. All field events will be measured in metric.
MEET SCHEDULE: We will be running the events in the same order as Region with a slight adjustment since we are doing straight running finals no prelims.
Opening Heights: Girls HJ 1.27 (4' 2"); Boys HJ 1.57 (5' 2"); Girls PV 1.82 (6'); Boys PV 2.43 (8')
3200m Finals (Multiple Heats if needed, will run up to 24 in a heat, fast to slow)
Long Jump Both
High Jump Girls
Pole Vault Girls
Shot Put Boys
11:00am (Or sooner; each event will follow immediately at conclusion of the 9am events)
Triple Jump Both
High Jump Boys
Pole Vault Boys
Shot Put - Girls
4x800 Relay Finals (Multiple Heats if needed, will run up to 16 in a heat; slow to fast)
12:00pm Running Finals Straight Finals with a rolling schedule
200m Adaptive if needed (If not, we will go right into the 800)
800m Finals (Multiple Heats if needed, will run up to 16 in a heat; slow to fast)
800m adaptive if needed (If not, we will go right into the 300H)
1600m (Multiple Heats if needed, will run up to 24 in a heat; slow to fast)
4x400m (Multiple Heats if needed, slow to fast)
- No discussions yet. Be the first!