Boys High Jump

• Christopher Nehr
    Coach
    cnehr
    Last year opening jump for boys high jump was 5-0, then 5-03, then 5-06, then 5-08, then 5-10.
    This year the qualifier changed to 5-02
    Do you know what the jump heights will be so that my boys can get their practices in?
  • Site Admin
    jaxtrack
    @coacheppa I know, yet entries on milesplit must be done in metric, but the qualifying standards (and progressions) are in imperial. Maybe next year we can make it standard? One way or the other?
  • Site Admin
    PRO
    coacheppa
    lots of entries have gone in as imperial but some have had trouble entering them as such. Mike hill and I are trying to convert times and measurements so seeding is even and fair.
  • Edward Thompson
    Coach
    PRO
    edwardjthompson
    jaxtrack
    @coacheppa I know, yet entries on milesplit must be done in metric, but the qualifying standards (and progressions) are in imperial. Maybe next year we can make it standard? One way or the other?

@jaxtrack Metric will be required for all events in 2018 throughout the season as the standard of measurement. We expected the vertical jumps to be a particularly challenging change for schools as their standards need to be re-marked. However, according the NFHS Rule Book, vertical jumps events judges should be measuring the bar at every increment any way with a tape measure to ensure accuracy. So there's that, too. We'll all be on the same page soon.