Jimmy Carnes Indoor Youth Meet 2012

• Jack Hughes
    User
    GvilleSptsCom
    Please note that the meet is hosted by the Gainesville Sports Commission, Half Mile Timing and the Gainesville Striders. flrunners.com has it listed as being hosted by the University of Florida. While we work closely with UF and the Stephen C. O'Connell Center, it's incorrect to list UF as the host.

Thanks for the great coverage of the Jimmy Carnes Indoor Collegiate, Open, and Masters meet held January 14. More than 430 participants competed well and now we look forward to the age groups (youth meet) on January 29.
  • Gary Droze
    Coach
    GaryDroze
    Is a general schedule of events posted somewhere? I found the contested events on CoachO, but cannot locate a time schedule anywhere.

I don't need exact details, but packet pick-up & meet start time info would be very helpful as we plan our team transportation.

I have the same question about the Feb 25 AAU Meet at UF (realizing it may be directed by another organization).

Thanks,

Gary Droze
    More Otters Track Club
    Tallahassee
  • Gary Droze
    Coach
    GaryDroze
    This is a bump of Coach Butler's question. If we have nobody running before about 10am, do we still need to be there by 7:45am for packet pick-up?

VERY pertinent question for teams traveling for more than 2 hours to get there and wondering if we need to be on the road at 5:00am!
  • Scott Peters
    Site Admin
    Halfmiletiming
    As with every year we have had this event, packet pickup is the night prior to competition. In this case that is Saturday night from 6-8pm. We allow late packet pickup at the event site from 6:30-7:45 as well. After that time staff is assigned to other areas and it may be a longer process to get packets at the ticket window. The main reason is for corrections. No corrections will be made Sunday. As with many large youth meets across the country, packets need to be collected the day prior so we can be accurate on field sizes and seeding.
  • Coach
    Insider
    yaudie
    Just looking at some of the entries and noticing some extremely fast times entered. Since everything is a timed final, how will the seedings be done for the meet?
  • User
    luv2run49
    I am confused about the 1500/mile. On the FLRunners article, it says that it will be the mile, but the online performance list says 1500. Does anyone know which one they are actually running?
  • Coach
    Insider
    bhs11
    luv2run49
    I am confused about the 1500/mile. On the FLRunners article, it says that it will be the mile, but the online performance list says 1500. Does anyone know which one they are actually running?

@luv2run49 I was wondering the same thing!
  • Gary Evans
    Coach
    Insider
    CoachGE
    luv2run49

@luv2run49

Mile
  • Gary Evans
    Coach
    Insider
    CoachGE
    yaudie
    Just looking at some of the entries and noticing some extremely fast times entered. Since everything is a timed final, how will the seedings be done for the meet?

@yaudie

I have looked at the performance list and we have some world record holders on their SMH. We will make sure that the top athletes are in the fast heats. So please disreguard the performance list.