Caitlin Collier is only a sophomore. The 2016 Adidas Boost Boston Games girls Dream Mile (1500) field consisted of nine runners, six seniors, two juniors, and Collier. The 2A state champion in the 800, 1600, and 3,200 proved she belonged with the best runners in the nation Friday night pushing the pace with the likes of Kate Murphy, Katie Rainsberger, and Nevada Mareno of North Carolina. With splits around 68 seconds for each of her first three laps, and a last 300m around 50 seconds, Collier finished with a US#6 time of 4:19.05.
The mark converts to converts to 4:38.09 for 1600m and 4:39.7 for 1 mile for a race that saw four of the top ten high school times in the country including an Olympic Trials qualifying standard of 4:07.21 and seven second personal best for champion Kate Murphy of Virginia. Murphy's time was the THIRD BEST ALL-TIME at that distance as well behind only Alexa Efraimson (4:07.02) and Mary Caiin (4:04.65).
Collier plans on spending Saturday exploring Boston and taking in the sights before it is back to Florida Sunday and back to training. She will be attending 2016 USATF Junior Outdoor Track & Field Championships in Clovis, California June 24-26 where she hopes to land a spot on Team USA.
- Caitlin's Athlete Profile
- Caitlin Collier's Postseason Prep: 2x600 13 Minutes Rest
- 2016 Adidas Boost Boston Games Featured Photo Album By Chuck Martin (403 Photos)
- Watch: All Adidas Boost Boston Games Post-Race Interviews
- Watch: Adidas Boost Boston Games Day 1 Recap
- 2016 Adidas Boost Boston Games Meet Page