Online registration for this event is on Direct Athletics:
The 1st annual Thunder Invitational will take place on Wednesday, April 1, 2020. We are looking forward to hosting this event and we are looking forward to great competition. The entry fee will be $100 per team or $175 per school. Checks need to be made out to The Out of Door Academy. If mailed ahead of time please send to The Out of Door Academy, Attn: Kippie Crouch, 5950 Deer Drive, Sarasota, FL 34240.
This meet will be limited to the first 12 schools that respond. Please contact Coach Sam Pederson by email at email@example.com with questions.
All teams will be limited to 3 individuals per event, and one relay team per event except for the 800m, 1600m and 3200m races which will have unlimited entries, but only the top 3 finishers will have the chance to score. We have a outstanding new synthetic track with great facilities! There will be a full concession stand for convenience. All venues are located in or right next to the track facility.
Awards will be given to the top 8 athletes and trophies will be given to the champion teams.
Entries: Due by 11:00pm, Monday, March 30th.
Admission: $5.00; 5 and under-Free
1. The infield will be closed to ALL except the competing athletes. Coaches, make sure your athletes, friends and family know this. If an athlete not competing is caught on the infield they will be disqualified. Anyone else on the infield who is not supposed to be will be escorted out of the facility.
2. The track surface is rubber. 1/4 Pyramid Spikes Only.
3. Any coaches willing to help with field events, please let me know.
4. For help with registration, please contact: Chris Sumner@ LFCSumner3@aol.com or (850) 567-6175
5. The meet will be scored by the following point system:
Individual Scoring/Relay Scoring 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
Coaches Meeting on the infield by the finish line
3:30 pm - 3200m, Field Events, and 4 x 800m Relay (girls then boys)
Field Events (Finals only, 3 attempts only, with exception of the HJ and PV.) After we have established a 10th place, then all others will have their first legal attempt measured and then will have to pass the marker for measurement. All field events will be measured in metric.
Opening Heights: Girls HJ 1.27 (4'2"); Boys HJ 1.57 (5'2"); Girls PV 1.82 (6'); Boys PV 2.43 (8')
3200m Finals (Multiple Heats if needed, will run up to 24 in a heat, fast to slow)
4 x 800m Relay Finals (Multiple Heats if needed, will run up to 16 in a heat; slow to fast)
4:30 pm - Running Events (rolling schedule, no prelims only finals, girls then boys)
800m Finals (Multiple Heats if needed, will run up to 16 in a heat; slow to fast)
4 x 100m Relay
1600m (Multiple Heats if needed, will run up to 24 in a heat; slow to fast)
4 x 400m (Multiple Heats if needed; slow to fast)
Any questions please let me know.
Coach Sam Pederson
The Out of Door Academy
5950 Deer Drive
Sarasota, FL 34240
- No discussions yet. Be the first!