flrunners.com Invitational 18 2017

• Juan Ayala
    Coach
    PRO
    jayala33
    Hello, I want to ask a question why they charge $50 for single runner in High school and only $15 for college single runner. I ask because I have 4 boys HS and 1 girl HS. So they are not a team but is going to cost the school the same amount of a team. How I do this then?
  • Jason Byrne
    Site Admin
    PRO
    jason Edited
    @jayala33 Actually the reason is this...

1) If it is more cost effective then you should just enter as a team, even though you might only have four kids.

2) The reason is because the FHSAA fees for us are so high. We have to pay something like $40 per team to the FHSAA, even if it's just one kid it still counts to them as a team because it's one of their schools represented. We used to charge only $15 for individual high school students (and less for our team fees) but then the FHSAA raised the sanction fees on us substantially a couple of years ago. This is because we are a "third party" meet host.
  • Jason Byrne
    Site Admin
    PRO
    jason Edited
    @uwfrunner I'm not as involved anymore. So I don't know all the details like I used to. Looks like it was lowered for cross country since I was involved in the conversation. They have per sport fees now. But it is per gender.

https://www.fhsaa.org/sites/default/files/orig_upl....

So $25 per team... so if both genders that is $50 per school we pay in sanction fee.

So yeah it is around that $6K range. Previously it was going to be $40 per team... or $80 per school. And was going to cost us between $10-12K for the sanction fee alone. But I know we pushed back on that and negotiated it down. Looks like they lowered the fee somewhat since then.
  • Tyler Stowell
    Site Admin
    uwfrunner
    Have they provided you anything in the 15+ years?

What do they provide? Has this been brought up before? Outside of a state series, I don't see where Cross Country benefits having them?

Between B3R, FLYRA and FLRunners, how can things change to make this not ok?