Hurricane Irma Postponements/Cancellations

• Todd Grasley
    Site Admin
    PRO
    TGrasley
    Hey all, I know this storm looks like a monster and could potentially impact a majority of Florida. With that being said there are a full slate of cross country meets for this week/weekend. I am in the process of creating a headquarters article with info on meet postponements/cancellations. Best case scenario it doesn't impact us, but you never know with mother nature.

PLEASE if anyone has any information on meets (timers, meet directors, coaches, etc.) please post here as well with any updates.

Thanks so much and most importantly stay safe!
  • Site Admin
    CoachRaposo
    @TGrasley Miami-Dade County Public Schools are closed for Thursday and Friday.

The King of the Hill meet at Tropical Park on Friday afternoon has been cancelled for now (hopefully postponed to a later date). I believe the UM Duals at Tropical Park on Friday morning are cancelled as well.
  • Coach
    JupCoach
    Suncoast home meet at Dyer park is cancelled today
    Boca Raton Invite is cancelled this Saturday at South County Regional Park. It
    might be rescheduled.
  • Todd Grasley
    Site Admin
    PRO
    TGrasley
    I have updated the article on the home page if you know of any other updates that are not on there please notify me and we'll get them up asap. Todd.Grasley@flosports.tv
  • Lisa K. Valentine
    User
    PRO
    Gebresellassie
    Pinellas County Schools will be closed Thursday and Friday. This affects the Green Devil Invitational tomorrow (St Pete,Crescent Lake)which will then have to be cancelled/postponed. We will help Coach Cuff any way we can.
  • Herb Wills
    User
    squareroot Edited
    Saint John Paul II Catholic High School's Panther Invitational in Tallahassee is canceled, according to the school's athletic website:

"We have decided to cancel all sporting events for this weekend, Friday- Monday. This includes tonight's football game at Jefferson County and tomorrow's Cross Country meet. This will give families adequate time to prepare for home prep and travel if they are choosing to evacuate."

[via jpiipanthers.org/]
  • Coach
    PRO
    CMA75
    The western Hillsborough meet has been cancelled. I am checking on if and when I can reschedule.