Ponte Vedra XC Invitational 2011

• User
    cghswift
    results cannot be up quicker!!!! Got home, and we live close, took a shower and ate. Then opened up flrunners just to see what results were up. the ponte vedra results were up before the first football game at noon!. the rain gods were really nice to all of us today and it did not rain. A dry course, but slow times and accurate. I got 3.14 on my garmin.

I ran behind the boys varsity and really enjoyed the course. If you are wiling to run a little, you can see almost the entire race. In the stands, though, you cannot see much. Very good help, could not get lost as entire course limed and taped. Clocks at mile and two. Good footing for 99.6%. Only 20 yards of water around the tennis courts. So surprised as this part of the state has been drowned by rain.

So good job PV!!! And please think about an open race next year--a fifth race for anyone--$10 for adults and $2 for kids--middle schoolers would enjoy this course. And this old guy did enjoy it this year.
  • User
    cghswift
    i ran behind the boys varsity and a lot slower and I didn't feel the wind except around the track. I think the trees were so big and thick for most of the race that the wind didn't hurt. In the stands, I though that it might be a hurricane, but out on the course it was really a nice day.
  • User
    whatever246
    Seems to be a slow course every year. Not one of my favorites. Always overcast, hot, and humid. Times are about 30 seconds slow.