Does anyone have an update on the XC State venue location?
- I think they are going to go with Larry & Penny (Miami).. LOL
- Likely venue
That's Ed Radice.
Just making an observation
- The FHSAA website still says TBA.
When: Saturday, Nov. 17, 2012
- I am curious to see if Alligator Lake Park is puting in a bid to host. I know they hosted 3 regions in one day for cc last year. Anyone have any thoughts on that venue? I do not know the course or if it is spectator friendly, parking, etc.?
aholmes80I am curious to see if Alligator Lake Park is puting in a bid to host. I know they hosted 3 regions in one day for cc last year. Anyone have any thoughts on that venue? I do not know the course or if it is spectator friendly, parking, etc.?
@aholmes80 SHORT COURSE.
(Yes, I'll be THAT GUY once again.)
Short course not withstanding (if it is). If it was measured accurately would it be a suitable venue?
- @aholmes80 No clue. Never been there. LOL!
I just can't believe we're almost in April and we don't have a friggin' clue as to who is really bidding and/or has the best shot at getting it. This will surely shift the way the CC season's schedule is played out. I'm sure most people want to know if there is a viable Pre-State meet and what weekend it would be.
- Alligator Lake will not put in a bid, we do not have the parking and it is not spectator friendly enough to host the state meet. However I can assure you the length of the course is accurate regardless of what a certain individual may think! When I get dates worked out I will let everyone know when the home meet will be for the Alligator Lake Invitational.
Looks like a beautiful course based on the pictures i have seen
It blows my mind as well but when I think about it the last time the bid was put out it was April as well so I guess it is roughly the same time line.
Thank you! I think it is a really nice course but the most we can hold is 3 maybe 4 regions. It just is not in my opinion what the FHSAA would want out of a venue.
- Sounds like Chain of Lakes or Ed Radice may be the best options at this point
- @aholmes80 Chain of Lakes is not bidding on it to my knowledge
- Nor is anyone submitting a bid to hold it at Ed Radice, as far as I know.
- And so what are we left with? Are we not hearing anything because no on is bidding? What are the most viable options if not LER, Ed Radice, Chain of Lakes, Larry & Penny, FSU? What's left?
- Anyone know what sites put in a bid last time LER's contract was up?
- @CoachHoward @aholmes80
I have no idea officially who is bidding this time. But in the past other venues that have been rumored to be interested are: FSU, Daytona Beach Speedway, Disney Wide World of Sports, and I once heard there was a group down in South Florida maybe Coral Springs who was interested.... but I never even heard what that course was.
I doubt Clermont/National Training Center is putting in a bid.
There is one other potential place rumored... Polk County has a spot (in the boonies) between Lake Wales and the Kissimmee River at a "Ranch" where they host mud bog races and such. I was supposed to tour it a few months ago but forgot that day and never made it down so I have no idea what it looks like other than satellite. Parking would be plentiful, but hotels would be a hike.
- @CoachHoward @aholmes80
Also toured Barnett Park in Orlando back in December or so as a potential cross country venue. The county is willing to make some changes to the property make it more suitable and we wheeled out a cross country course there.
I think that course is great for a regional meet...... maybe could host a state meet, but would be a little tight. Not sure if they are putting in a bid though but there was interest.
Knew about the Speedway. Thought FSU was a no because of shifting football game day schedule. Would hope we wouldn't be back into the same "money problem" if Disney got it. Talked to a leading figure in Polk county and he wasn't aware of anything at this time. Didn't know about the Orlando park, but love the central location.
If I remember correctly, I pointed out the place in Lake Whales (Triple Canopy Ranch) on the last state venue thread. It really is in the middle of the boonies, but hotels should not be too big of an issue, as Winter Haven and Lakeland are within 45 Min. Hotels were not too plentiful in Dade City. Many teams stayed in Lakeland and drove up. Parking is not an issue either, as it hosted thousands for the Warrior Dash the past few years. I really think it should be looked into, because as of the options now, Disney would probably win the bid and you know that means big bucks for the spectators.
- I thought FSU would not be an option because it is not centrally located. Daytona Speedway does sound intriguing. Disney does not- would be back with the money problem. I know a few years ago Ernie Wever Youth Park near Brooksville put in a bid to host. I think there is plenty of property there, not sure about parking. Our school played our Spring Football game at the complex 2 years ago. I don't see them putting it somewhere that is not in the proximity of the I-4 corridor. Most of the FHSAA State Series events are in central Florida. I know baseball was in Port St. Lucie for a while and football was at the Orange Bowl for a while, so i guess anything is possible
jasonand I once heard there was a group down in South Florida maybe Coral Springs who was interested.... but I never even heard what that course was.
@jason Markham Park was one, South County Regional (Spanish River and Coach Rothman) is the other. Not sure if he's still thinking about it though.
- I know the revolving football schedule is always a concern in Tally but from what I understood they were the 2nd place bid last year so I think they must have had a solution of some kind.