Hurricane Irma's Impact On Florida XC Weekend

Hurricanes are nothing new to Florida. Last year, we felt the impact of both Hermine and Matthew. This weekend the Sunshine State will be bracing for Hurricane Irma. As of Friday morning, Irma was a Category 4  hurricane and is expected to reach South Florida by Saturday morning and heading directly up the center of the state. Governor Rick Scott has already declared Florida in a state of emergency in advance of the storm.

We at are concerned first and foremost about the safety of our athletes, fans, and the running community. With a slate of meets across the state for this week and weekend we want to give you the latest on what events are still going on, postponements, and cancellations.

NOTE: Meet directors if you have any updates please let us know by either emailing myself or posting on the discussion linked with this page.


Jupiter Invitational - Scheduled For 9/12 - CANCELLED

At this time, we do not plan to reschedule this meet. I will return schools entry fees. Please stay safe!!

Astronaut Invitational - POSTPONED - TBD

Florida Tech Invitational (College) - POSTPONED - TBD

West Florida XC Classic - POSTPONED Until 9/12

Saint John Paul II Catholic High School's Panther Invitational - CANCELLED

Soaring Eagle Invitational - POSTPONED Until 9/30

Green Devil Invitational - POSTPONED  UNTIL 9/12 - 5:00 P.M.

Suncoast Home Meet @ Dyer Park - CANCELLED

Venice Invitational - CANCELLED

Boca Raton Invite - CANCELLED (Might be rescheduled)

UNF Invitational - NOW THURSDAY (9/7)

Due to the impending Hurricane this weekend, we will have to move our meet to tomorrow (Thursday) evening. The schedule is as follows:

Thursday, September 7th
5:00 College/Open Mens 5k
5:30 College/Open Women's 5k
6:00 HS Boys 5k - Unlimited Entries
6:30 HS Girls 5k - Unlimited Entries

ALL ENTRIES ARE DUE AT NOON TODAY. Please ensure all your entries are submitted if you plan on attending, and if you no longer plan to attend please delete your entries. 

Due to the heavy amount of rain we have had in Northeast Florida over the past few weeks, parts of our golf course is under water. We will have a course map for you tomorrow but please be aware that the first 400 or so will be on pavement. 

I will send out further details this afternoon in regards to parking, course maps etc. We hope you can still attend and if not we look forward to hosting you next year. 

Stay safe during the Hurricane. 

UNF Track and Field/Cross Country Staff

Astronaut Invitational - POSTPONED - TBD

Pre-HEAT Meet - POSTPONED Until 10/20

Seffner Christian Invitational - POSTPONED Until 10/21

King Of The Hill - CANCELLED (From Coach Eric Pino)

King of the Hill is cancelled. We are going to do our best to reschedule but need to assess the park once the storm passes. We will be in communication with the teams that already paid to issue reimbursement if the race is not rescheduled. Stay tuned. 

UM Duals At Tropical Park  (College)- CANCELLED

Kings Academy Invitational - CANCELLED

Meet hosts will inform registered schools via email regarding rescheduling.

Fort Myers Invite sponsored by Run Florida Saucony - CANCELLED

The meet was originally moved from Saturday to Thursday, but has since been cancelled by the county. There are no plans to reschedule the meet at this time.

Florida Horse Park Invitational - POSTPONED Until September16th

After watching the weather forecast and weighting out all options we have decided to postpone the Florida Horse Park Invitational. With the evacuations that will be happening and most schools not being allowed to attend because of county policies we will move the Florida Horse Park Invitational to September 16th. 

We would like everyone to come join us next week September 16th if possible as we will still make the event an enjoyable experience. We understand that not everyone will be able to do so. Since not everyone will be able to join us I would like to extend these three options to those schools. 

Option 1: You come and run on September 16th and everything stays the same as if we were able to run it on September 9th. 

Option 2: You cannot make it due to scheduling conflicts but you will have free entry into the 2018 Florida Horse Park Invitational.

Option 3: You cannot make it due to scheduling conflicts but you would like to attend the Alligator Lake Invitational on September 30th. You can use your entry for the Horse Park for Alligator Lake. If you are already scheduled to run Alligator Lake please revert back to option 2. 

If you were not one of the schools planning to attend but would now like to attend now due to other meets being cancelled please e-mail me asap 

I will re-open online entries and it will now end on Wednesday September 13th at midnight. 

For any questions please e-mail and thank you everyone for understanding and working with us on this. A huge thank you to the Florida Horse Park and the Vanguard parents for helping in this last-minute change.