Change
08/23/2019 7:55:48 AM
Coach
Why the change in location. Veterans park was a great location and would be used for a pre-district race as that is where districts are? Along with transportation on a friday and fighting against all the county teams traveling for football.
Why the change in location. Veterans park was a great location and would be used for a pre-district race as that is where districts are? Along with transportation on a friday and fighting against all the county teams traveling for football.
08/23/2019 9:38:51 AM
Power User
To piggyback... will this be the new site for the District meet? or will it stay at Veterans Park?
To piggyback... will this be the new site for the District meet? or will it stay at Veterans Park?
08/23/2019 9:39:39 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@Joshuace Course had been tampered with several times after it was set up at Veterans Park, night time races are always more exciting as an athlete I think, transportation is transportation, I would think it would be better on a school day vs the weekend hands down. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the school district can even help bus during the week for schools? The location also has been moved from Buckingham, Hammond Stadium, Civic Center as well as several other locations over the years.
@Joshuace

Course had been tampered with several times after it was set up at Veterans Park, night time races are always more exciting as an athlete I think, transportation is transportation, I would think it would be better on a school day vs the weekend hands down. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the school district can even help bus during the week for schools?

The location also has been moved from Buckingham, Hammond Stadium, Civic Center as well as several other locations over the years.
08/23/2019 9:40:16 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@raycer131 Can't you email or text Palmer...haha
@raycer131

Can't you email or text Palmer...haha
08/23/2019 9:42:18 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@Joshuace Fort Myers High School wanted to have the meet in Fort Myers, rather than Lehigh, main purpose. Secondly, a night race is unique and fun considering the meet is so early in the season. The football conflict shouldn't affect many athletes :-) Furthermore, we could not have the meet on Saturday due to the location. Kelly Rd is a soccer complex first, I am thankful they let us use it for this purpose. (I will use my rare Saturday off to watch some college football) I hope you enjoy the meet. I know we will work hard to make it a great event. If you have constructive suggests, I would love to hear them, pre or post meet. Yancey Palmer
@Joshuace
Fort Myers High School wanted to have the meet in Fort Myers, rather than Lehigh, main purpose.
Secondly, a night race is unique and fun considering the meet is so early in the season.
The football conflict shouldn't affect many athletes Furthermore, we could not have the meet on Saturday due to the location. Kelly Rd is a soccer complex first, I am thankful they let us use it for this purpose. (I will use my rare Saturday off to watch some college football)
I hope you enjoy the meet. I know we will work hard to make it a great event. If you have constructive suggests, I would love to hear them, pre or post meet.

Yancey Palmer
08/23/2019 9:46:39 AM
Coach
@fmrunner The issue with football is not the athletes, its the transportation. I am checking with my AD as far as getting a bus, but with the shortage of bus drivers in the EAST zone as well as getting there on a friday night will be a challenge.
@fmrunner
The issue with football is not the athletes, its the transportation. I am checking with my AD as far as getting a bus, but with the shortage of bus drivers in the EAST zone as well as getting there on a friday night will be a challenge.
08/23/2019 9:47:52 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@raycer131 In late June when I changed the venue and date. I contacted Palmetto Ridge (Carlos Miranda) to see if they wanted the District meet, but never heard back. They showed interest at the District planning meeting. I also don't want to change the venue of the district meet before competing on our new course. (if it stinks, we don't want double stink). So...I still have Veterans Park reserved, but will change if the majority wants to change. (not even sure if the state will allow us to change) Yancey Palmer
@raycer131
In late June when I changed the venue and date. I contacted Palmetto Ridge (Carlos Miranda) to see if they wanted the District meet, but never heard back. They showed interest at the District planning meeting.
I also don't want to change the venue of the district meet before competing on our new course. (if it stinks, we don't want double stink).
So...I still have Veterans Park reserved, but will change if the majority wants to change. (not even sure if the state will allow us to change)

Yancey Palmer
08/23/2019 9:49:43 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@Joshuace The image that didn't come through was a smile face. I assumed the issue was not the athletes.
@Joshuace
The image that didn't come through was a smile face.
I assumed the issue was not the athletes.
08/23/2019 11:25:35 PM
Power User
@fmrunner Understandable was just asking...look forward to the nightime race also as a Saturday off is welcomed...though he is correct about the busses issue we were told no bus would be on campus till after 5pm "if we are lucky"...but the start time should be fine as long as the bus is there at a reasonable time.
@fmrunner
Understandable was just asking...look forward to the nightime race also as a Saturday off is welcomed...though he is correct about the busses issue we were told no bus would be on campus till after 5pm "if we are lucky"...but the start time should be fine as long as the bus is there at a reasonable time.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.