Forcing XC to DA is Total BS
07/19/2021 9:39:56 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
If other coaches are unaware. We are being required to put our results on DA for the entire season. This is ridiculous. Not only will it cost us more in timing fees from timers, but why is it being used to verify athlete participation when we were told that being in uniform at the meet counts as participation. This does nothing to verify the participation rule. All it does is put money in Direct Athletics Pocket and for what reason? We have to have our XC accounts set up by Aug 9th and rosters by Aug 23rd...but they don't even have the new district assignments to find your team yet.. I was always told follow the money when you think something is fishy. Here is the new XC manual with the changes for the season. [url=https://fhsaa.com/documents/2020/10/9//2021_cross_country_manual_sport_only.pdf?id=318]FHSAA XC Manual[/url]
If other coaches are unaware. We are being required to put our results on DA for the entire season. This is ridiculous. Not only will it cost us more in timing fees from timers, but why is it being used to verify athlete participation when we were told that being in uniform at the meet counts as participation. This does nothing to verify the participation rule. All it does is put money in Direct Athletics Pocket and for what reason? We have to have our XC accounts set up by Aug 9th and rosters by Aug 23rd...but they don't even have the new district assignments to find your team yet..
I was always told follow the money when you think something is fishy.

Here is the new XC manual with the changes for the season.
FHSAA XC Manual
07/19/2021 9:47:25 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@raycer131 In case everyone is wondering….NONE of this was voted on OR DISCUSSED with the Advisory Committee.
@raycer131

In case everyone is wondering….NONE of this was voted on OR DISCUSSED with the Advisory Committee.
07/19/2021 11:15:29 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
Sending these to Alex also, but curious as to the answers: 4.5.1.1.2 Reporting Results (a) Reporting Results. Meets hosts shall report initial meet results to DirectAthletics within 24 hours of the meet’s conclusion. CSV files may not be used in results reporting. [i]So does this mean we [b]can[/b] send html files and plain text documents? Does the software used to score the meet have to be a certain program/type or is it just don't send csv files?[/i] (b) TFRRS Numbers. Results must include athlete TFRRS numbers for marks/performances to be considered for seeding purposes in the Florida High School State Championship Series. [i]Where does seeding exist in XC? Does this mean I cannot get box 8 and will be placed in box 1 or 32?[/i] 4.5.2.2 Team and Season Administration (b) Rosters. Rosters must be entered into DirectAthletics by August 23, 2021. All roster names must be identical to those submitted to Home Campus. Rosters shall be maintained throughout the season. [i]What is this deadline for? Are coaches not allowed to add kids after that date? If we can add after that date, then why is this listed?[/i] (c) Minimum Contest Requirement. Athletes must participate in at least five meets during the regular season in order to be eligible to be entered into the state series (Policy 10.3.1.4). Eligibility will be verified via DirectAthletics. [i]I believe this is where the biggest problem comes from, what is participation? Is it only DNF or a time? Who is out there verifying the DNF as opposed to the DNS? All of this crap with verifying participation is pointless if a coach can just enter their entire roster every meet and claim kids DNFed. What is stopping a coach from entering the entire school every meet? On top of all this, kids can transfer from out of state the day before districts and be allowed to compete, so why are current residents held to a different standard?[/i] 4.5.2.3.2 Regional Meets (c) Sites. Please visit the cross country page on FHSAA.com for region sites. [i]Bidding for Regionals ends August 27th. District planning meetings are August 9th through the 27th. Does anyone else hate having to vote on districts without knowing where we are going for regionals? When do we look at FHSAA.com to find out region locations? August 28th, August 29th, September 30th, October 30th???[/i] (d) Invitations to Host. Criteria to be used in the selection of regional meet hosts includes: (4) Accurately measured 5K cross country course. [i]This is just funny. Who determines if they are accurately measured? Will there actually be any penalty? Are short courses the only concern or is there a problem with long courses too?[/i]
Sending these to Alex also, but curious as to the answers:

4.5.1.1.2 Reporting Results
(a) Reporting Results. Meets hosts shall report initial meet results to DirectAthletics within 24 hours of the meet's conclusion. CSV files may not be used in results reporting.
So does this mean we can send html files and plain text documents? Does the software used to score the meet have to be a certain program/type or is it just don't send csv files?

(b) TFRRS Numbers. Results must include athlete TFRRS numbers for marks/performances to be considered for seeding purposes in the Florida High School State Championship Series.
Where does seeding exist in XC? Does this mean I cannot get box 8 and will be placed in box 1 or 32?

4.5.2.2 Team and Season Administration
(b) Rosters. Rosters must be entered into DirectAthletics by August 23, 2021. All roster names must be identical to those submitted to Home Campus. Rosters shall be maintained throughout the season.
What is this deadline for? Are coaches not allowed to add kids after that date? If we can add after that date, then why is this listed?

(c) Minimum Contest Requirement. Athletes must participate in at least five meets during the regular season in order to be eligible to be entered into the state series (Policy 10.3.1.4). Eligibility will be verified via DirectAthletics.
I believe this is where the biggest problem comes from, what is participation? Is it only DNF or a time? Who is out there verifying the DNF as opposed to the DNS? All of this crap with verifying participation is pointless if a coach can just enter their entire roster every meet and claim kids DNFed. What is stopping a coach from entering the entire school every meet? On top of all this, kids can transfer from out of state the day before districts and be allowed to compete, so why are current residents held to a different standard?

4.5.2.3.2 Regional Meets
(c) Sites. Please visit the cross country page on FHSAA.com for region sites.
Bidding for Regionals ends August 27th. District planning meetings are August 9th through the 27th. Does anyone else hate having to vote on districts without knowing where we are going for regionals? When do we look at FHSAA.com to find out region locations? August 28th, August 29th, September 30th, October 30th???

(d) Invitations to Host. Criteria to be used in the selection of regional meet hosts includes:
(4) Accurately measured 5K cross country course.
This is just funny. Who determines if they are accurately measured? Will there actually be any penalty? Are short courses the only concern or is there a problem with long courses too?
07/20/2021 1:46:26 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Hopefully they bring back the wave starts, those were really productive. Between wave starts, noon start times, live incredibly productive summer meetings and $50 per parent to watch their kid run at the state meet I believe the FHSAA is one of the best groups to lead by example. I also enjoy watching how they never discuss anything with the “advisory committee”. Any word if we get to watch any of those summer meetings this year?
Hopefully they bring back the wave starts, those were really productive. Between wave starts, noon start times, live incredibly productive summer meetings and $50 per parent to watch their kid run at the state meet I believe the FHSAA is one of the best groups to lead by example.

I also enjoy watching how they never discuss anything with the "advisory committee".

Any word if we get to watch any of those summer meetings this year?
07/20/2021 2:29:30 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
MileSplit registration and team rosters can handle adding, making mandatory, and importing TFFRS numbers for each athlete. For example, if you go into enter flrunners.com Invite or edit your high school race entries there...it will prompt you to add your athlete's TFFRS # if it is not already listed. Also if coaches want to send me over their TFFRS numbers of their 2021 XC roster, email me at brandon.miles@flosports.tv and I'll work on importing them in or double-checking they are matched correctly. Timers then would be able to upload the meet results into TFFRS post-event.
MileSplit registration and team rosters can handle adding, making mandatory, and importing TFFRS numbers for each athlete. For example, if you go into enter flrunners.com Invite or edit your high school race entries there...it will prompt you to add your athlete's TFFRS # if it is not already listed.

Also if coaches want to send me over their TFFRS numbers of their 2021 XC roster, email me at brandon.miles@flosports.tv and I'll work on importing them in or double-checking they are matched correctly.

Timers then would be able to upload the meet results into TFFRS post-event.
07/20/2021 3:20:35 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@ERYRC1 Here is a video of that meeting: [url=https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Funsplash.com%2Fphotos%2FIPYvuq5svNA&psig=AOvVaw0BD9dOP0uYA_FS0zifOiwC&ust=1626895286573000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAsQjRxqFwoTCNDf8K6v8vECFQAAAAAdAAAAABAR]FHSAA Summer Meeting[/url]
@ERYRC1

Here is a video of that meeting:
FHSAA Summer Meeting
07/20/2021 9:05:29 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@lfcsumner3 Hahaha well played!
@lfcsumner3

Hahaha well played!
07/22/2021 1:00:01 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
FYI. I'm going thru and setting up all the meets today that are currently using MileSplit registration for the 2021 XC season to require TFFRS numbers be added when coaches enter their roster if not already assigned to any athletes entered in high school divisions. In theory, after the first week or two of meets, each team should and will be set for the rest of the season. I will be also actively reaching out to coaches as well to send me their TFFRS numbers for their XC roster over the next 4 weeks, so can be even taken care of before they register for their first meet. My email is brandon.miles@flosports.tv. Just make sure you create or update your full roster on DA then download the information with the unique TFFRS numbers for each athlete before sending to me. Also would be helpful too if any new additions to your squad that you have added their names to the MileSplit roster as well. Timers will have all the TFFRS information downloaded from the MileSplit registration system to submit their results report to TFFRS post-event to be FHSAA compliant and save them the $ or bill they pass onto the host school they would have to spend using DA for registration.
FYI. I'm going thru and setting up all the meets today that are currently using MileSplit registration for the 2021 XC season to require TFFRS numbers be added when coaches enter their roster if not already assigned to any athletes entered in high school divisions.

In theory, after the first week or two of meets, each team should and will be set for the rest of the season.

I will be also actively reaching out to coaches as well to send me their TFFRS numbers for their XC roster over the next 4 weeks, so can be even taken care of before they register for their first meet. My email is brandon.miles@flosports.tv.

Just make sure you create or update your full roster on DA then download the information with the unique TFFRS numbers for each athlete before sending to me. Also would be helpful too if any new additions to your squad that you have added their names to the MileSplit roster as well.

Timers will have all the TFFRS information downloaded from the MileSplit registration system to submit their results report to TFFRS post-event to be FHSAA compliant and save them the $ or bill they pass onto the host school they would have to spend using DA for registration.
07/23/2021 11:46:32 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
How do we download the rosters after we've added the xc kids on directathletics?
How do we download the rosters after we've added the xc kids on directathletics?
07/26/2021 2:16:49 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
Just got word that TFRRS results reporting will not be required for XC in Florida, so meets are free to use MileSplit for their regular season and invitational meet registration. Just as was discussed at coaches clinic by Alex Ozuna that district meets will be required to submit entries on DA and do auto advancement from there.
Just got word that TFRRS results reporting will not be required for XC in Florida, so meets are free to use MileSplit for their regular season and invitational meet registration.

Just as was discussed at coaches clinic by Alex Ozuna that district meets will be required to submit entries on DA and do auto advancement from there.
07/26/2021 5:04:55 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@milesplitus Thanks for the update!
@milesplitus
Thanks for the update!
07/26/2021 5:30:12 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@milesplitus Will the handbook/manual be updated? Word of mouth and written rules are different.
@milesplitus Will the handbook/manual be updated? Word of mouth and written rules are different.
07/29/2021 10:07:47 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Any updates?
Any updates?
07/29/2021 10:50:13 AM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@Coach__K TFRRS numbers and results reporting not required according to Alex Ozuna at FHSAA. Direct Athletics isn't built right now to handle it currently, so can just enter meets as normal during the regular season on MileSplit. District meets will be required to enter on DA only.
@Coach__K TFRRS numbers and results reporting not required according to Alex Ozuna at FHSAA. Direct Athletics isn't built right now to handle it currently, so can just enter meets as normal during the regular season on MileSplit. District meets will be required to enter on DA only.
09/06/2021 6:14:43 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@milesplitus So do we not have to have all 5 races in by 10/18 on DA? Our conference race is 10/21. Will conference count towards the 5 or not?
@milesplitus So do we not have to have all 5 races in by 10/18 on DA? Our conference race is 10/21. Will conference count towards the 5 or not?
09/06/2021 6:15:11 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
09/07/2021 11:18:21 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Any idea on how the five meets are determined? If a kid takes the line but DNFs due to injury, does that count as participating?
Any idea on how the five meets are determined? If a kid takes the line but DNFs due to injury, does that count as participating?
09/07/2021 11:31:11 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@Coach__K I think as long as you guys send them their money they have no idea what’s going on or what they want :)
@Coach__K

I think as long as you guys send them their money they have no idea what's going on or what they want :)
09/07/2021 11:43:35 AM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@Coach__K According to ALEX at FACA summer clinic. 5 means in uniform at the event. The do not have to start a race, finish a race, or anything. They must be present at the event and in uniform for 5 races that is all. SO if you have someone that you know will question you. Take pictures of said student athlete at each event in uniform and you are good according to the rule.
@Coach__K

According to ALEX at FACA summer clinic. 5 means in uniform at the event. The do not have to start a race, finish a race, or anything. They must be present at the event and in uniform for 5 races that is all.

SO if you have someone that you know will question you. Take pictures of said student athlete at each event in uniform and you are good according to the rule.
09/08/2021 11:30:47 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=raycer131]@Coach__K According to ALEX at FACA summer clinic. 5 means in uniform at the event. The do not have to start a race, finish a race, or anything. They must be present at the event and in uniform for 5 races that is all. SO if you have someone that you know will question you. Take pictures of said student athlete at each event in uniform and you are good according to the rule.[/quote] Ok just so i am clear, hanging out at the tent and eating cheetos on race day fulfills the requirement of "participating", as stated below in the official fhsaa manual?.... "Minimum Contest Requirement. Athletes must participate in at least five meets during the regular season in order to be eligible to be entered into the state series (Policy 10.3.1.4)."
raycer131 wrote:
@Coach__K

According to ALEX at FACA summer clinic. 5 means in uniform at the event. The do not have to start a race, finish a race, or anything. They must be present at the event and in uniform for 5 races that is all.

SO if you have someone that you know will question you. Take pictures of said student athlete at each event in uniform and you are good according to the rule.

Ok just so i am clear, hanging out at the tent and eating cheetos on race day fulfills the requirement of "participating", as stated below in the official fhsaa manual?....

"Minimum Contest Requirement. Athletes must participate in at least five meets during the regular season in order
to be eligible to be entered into the state series (Policy 10.3.1.4)."

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.