WALLY KELLER INVITATIONAL -
*CRITICAL INFORMATON - PLEASE READ*
Head Coaches may EMAIL Coach Jacob Scott (Jacob.Scott@yourcharlotteschools.net) with intent to compete.
Invites for meet registration on DirectAthletics will be distributed upon receipt of meet payment fee. Once payment is received ($250 per school), your school will be locked in and able to register.
All entries will be entered through DirectAthletics by March 29th 2021 by 11:59 pm. (A late fee of $50 will be assessed for re-opening registration on www.directathletics.com)
***Javelin Competition (TOP 16 SEEDS G & B) will begin at 1pm. Javelin throwers will be allowed to enter Tarpon Stadium at 12noon. Coaches, please have your Javelin throwers arrive by van or similar transportation that is separate from your main team and ready to compete. Tarpon Stadium will not open for entry to main teams until 1:30pm ***
*Limit 4 athletes per running event and 4 athletes per field event / 1 RELAY *
*TEAM Champion Trophy, Medals are awarded to TOP 3 Place Winners in each Event*
*Coaches Hospitality Intermission between Prelim - Finals / Meal Tickets will be Provided*
*Team Packet, Heat Sheets and Results will be posted throughout the meet and online through halfmiletiming.com*
*Meet is sanctioned by the FHSAA and all FHSAA rules will be Enforced*
Buses arriving will need to access the track via Henry Street Entrance on the South perimeter of CHS Campus (near Deep Creek Community Church).
All buses will need to drop off athletes and proceed to parking lot adjacent to Brian Nolan Soccer Field.
Please have your TEAM Bus Arrive No Earlier than 1:30pm.
MEET TIME SCHEDULE:
1:00pm Javelin Competition - TOP 16 SEEDS (G & B)
2:30pm Main Coaches Meeting and Officials (Wally Keller Field House Awning -Turn 1)
3:00pm Field Events (will be run as Finals - 3 Attempts Only)
(*10th Place Will Be Established. Everyone Will Get a Mark and Any Remaining Attempts Must Pass Marker for Measurement)
Immediately Followed By
Long Jump Both Triple Jump Both
High Jump Girls High Jump Boys
Discus Girls Discus Boys
Shot Put Boys Shot Put Girls
Pole Vault Girls Pole Vault Boys
Opening Heights - Girls HJ 1.27 (4'2), Boys HJ 1.57 (5'2), Girls PV 2.02 (6'6) Boys PV 2.63 (8'6)
3:15pm 4 x 800m RELAY
3:45pm 3200m CONSOLATION (Any Runner not in the Top 16. Combined G & B if necessary)
4:30 PRELIMINARIES (TOP 8 TO FINALS, except 8,16)
1600m CONSOLATION (Any Runner not in the Top 16. Combined G & B if necessary)
800m CONSOLATION(Any Runner not in the Top 16. Combined G & B if necessary )
6:55pm NATIONAL ANTHEM
7:00pm FINALS (or 30 MINUTES AFTER PRELIMS- Rolling Schedule)
1600 (Top 16)
800 (Top 16)
(800) (Adaptive - If Needed)
(200m) (Adaptive - If Needed)
3200m (Top 16)
i*AWARDS TO FINISH - WALLY KELLER INVITATIONAL *
- Team tent areas are allowed on the visitor's side stands and the backfield areas. No tents will be allowed on the home side or near the concessions.
- We will have trash bags for your team areas, please use these to help us keep Tarpon Stadium clean. If your team area is deemed unsatisfactory following the meet, you run the risk of not returning to future meets.
- PLEASE ensure your athletes carry Javelins in tubes or carrying cases until competition/ warm up permits. This is for everyone's SAFETY.
- PLEASE do not allow your Javelin athletes to travel around CHS campus while school is in session prior to 2:15pm, security will pick them up.
- The entrance to the track will be at the CLERK at the northwest end of the track by the 100m start and through an alleyway leading to the start.
- Athletes will be able to walk back down the infield alleyway and exit from the CLERK area at the northwest corner of the track.
- Infield will be OPEN to event warm ups ONLY, athletes or teams camping out or "congregating" on the infield will be removed and risk DQ.
If you plan to register and attend this meet, you must mail, fax or email your intent to:
Charlotte High School
1250 Cooper Street
Punta Gorda, FL 33950
Call Coach Jacob Scott (724) 316-0005
WALLY KELLER INVITATIONAL
Track and Field
Thursday, April 1st 2021
ENTRY FEE - $250 per School (G & B)
- No discussions yet. Be the first!