- Complete Results & Meet Coverage
- Photo Album by Mike Leary (973 Photos)
Photo Album by User Dustys_Mom (212Photos)
The Ponte Vedra High School cross country course was a "tad' muddy this weekend for the Sharks Invitational. The boys varsity race started the festivities and the duo of Rayford James and Dominic Williams from Robert E. Lee leading most of the way. After a slow start the pace picked up once the runners hit the track with everyone taking full advantage of any dry footing they could get. James pulled away from Williams in the final stage of the race to get the win in 16:27.40. His teammate finished eight seconds back in 16:35.40. Bartram Trail had a very impressive showing on the team side with a strong pack finishing 7th, 8th, 9th, 12th, and 20th for a total of 56 points. Host Ponte Vedra High School paced by Crisman Jones (5th) and Dustyn Johnson (6th) finished second with 90 points,
Bartram Trail senior Hannah Giangaspro picked up her first win of the year at the Ponte Vedra XC Invitational. After the boys ran through the mud, the course conditions for the girls race was even worse. Giangsapro lead a majority of the race and crossed the line in a very impressive time of 18:53.90. She was followed by a slew of Providence runners. Eden Meyer came in sixteen seconds later at 19:09.50 in front of Fletcher's Kayley Delay. Meyer's teammates Emily Stallings and Sloan Sylvan rounded out the top five and finished under twenty minutes. The Stallions won the team title with 66 points. Ponte Vedra and Nease tied with 84 points, but the home team had the advantage as it came down to their number seven runner.
In JV action Bishop Kenny's Ben Hutchins nipped past Andrew Wernick of John's Creek 18:34.60 to 18:35.50. Bishop Kenny won the team trophy with an outstanding 23 points; placing their top five in the top nine spots. On the girls side, it was Danielle Corbin of Episcopal picking up the win in 21:41.10. The home team Sharks were victorious in the team competition posting a score 51 points.
* Special thanks to Crisman Jones and Ashley Carpenter for help on the recap.
- 5,000 Meter Run - Hannah Giangaspro (Bartram Trail HS) 18:53.90 SB; Eden Meyer (Providence School) 19:09.50; Kayley Delay (Fletcher HS) 19:14.80 SB; Emily Stallings (Providence School) 19:39.60; Sloan Sylvan (Providence School) 19:44.70 SB; Isabella Poole (Ponte Vedra HS) 20:02.60; Ashley Carpenter (Ponte Vedra HS) 20:10.00 SB; Meagan Giddens (Taylor County HS) 20:13.30;Katie Lyerly (St. Johns Country Day School) 20:18.20 SB; Isabella Pantano (Nease HS) 20:23.50; Kathryn Eifert (Fleming Island HS) 20:29.80 SB; Caitlyn Shepherd (Fletcher HS) 20:33.00 SB; Alyssa Rodale (Nease HS) 20:35.90; Olivia Pigg (Fletcher HS) 20:46.30; Yaranel Abreu (Nease HS) 20:53.00; Grace Meyer (Providence School) 20:55.10; Sophia Singletary (Episcopal School of Jacksonville) 21:02.50 SB; Abby Reimer (Ponte Vedra HS) 21:07.10 SB; Olivia Sanchez (Buchholz HS) 21:23.50 SB; Rachel Wozniak (Johns Creek HS) 21:26.40 SB; Gabriel Payne (Fleming Island HS) 21:27.10 SB;
- 5,000 Meter Run - Rayford James (Robert E. Lee HS) 16:27.40; Dominic Williams (Robert E. Lee HS) 16:35.30 SB; Blake Lowery (Gainesville HS) 16:48.80; James Gehret (Bishop John J. Snyder HS) 16:54.00; Crisman Jones (Ponte Vedra HS) 16:58.00 SB; Dustyn Johnson (Ponte Vedra HS) 17:03.00; Ryan Stellhorn (Bartram Trail HS) 17:06.40 SB; Jordan Bubar (Bartram Trail HS) 17:15.00 SB;Brad Dixon (Bartram Trail HS) 17:17.80; Aren Biala (Bishop John J. Snyder HS) 17:18.80 SB; Justin Andrilenas (Nease HS) 17:22.00 SB; Michael Kerr (Bartram Trail HS) 17:22.60 SB; Jonah Wilamowski (Bishop John J. Snyder HS) 17:23.10 SB; Andrew Ward (Gainesville HS) 17:26.20 SB; Erik Olsen (Johns Creek HS) 17:29.50 SB; Eliot Chalfin-Smith (Gainesville HS) 17:30.70 SB; Sam Jaramillo (Bishop Kenny HS) 17:31.60 SB; Juan Felipe Herrera (Bolles HS) 17:32.00 SB; devin lawhorne (Fletcher HS) 17:32.90 SB; Michael Francesconi (Johns Creek HS) 17:34.00 SB; Connor Irish(Bartram Trail HS) 17:34.60 SB; John Paul Mauriello (Ponte Vedra HS) 17:38.40; Connor Schramm (Ponte Vedra HS) 17:41.30 SB; Kyle Dean (Bartram Trail HS) 17:41.30; Jonathan Jackson (Nease HS) 17:44.60 SB;