The 2014 Florida Relays lived up to it's name as one of the premier track adn field meets in the state and around the country. On day one, we saw new state leaders and nationally ranked times from the likes of Javon Patterson (pictured above), and Terry Jernigan, just to name a few. Our team was on-site with thousands of photos by Jeff Adams and Darrell Laxton as well as interviews and race videos from Dean Headley and our friends at Flotrack. Coverage will be uploaded throughout the weekend so check back and check back often!
- Complete Results & Meet Coverage
- Day One Featured Photo Album by Jeff Adams (1511 Photos)
- Race Videos/Interviews by Dean Headley/Flotrack
DAY ONE TRACK HIGHLIGHTS
FSU signee Maddie Harris leads a very quick 800 meter final and hangs on for the win in in 2:13.33, the fastest time in Florida for 2014, beating her personal best of 2:13.64... Harris, Sinclaire Johnson, (2:13.74), Emily Harding (2:14.74), and Ricardia Cooper (2:15.20) are 1,2,3, and 4 of the top 800 times this season.
Boys 110m Hurdles (Prelims)
If the 100m hurdle prelims are any indicator of what is to come in the finals, it should be a three way battle between Kelvin Williams, Jonathan Hayden, and Terrance Adams who clocked times of 14.15, 14.20, and 14.25 respectively. Don't count out John Battle IV of Hallandale. His prelim time was 14.45, but he has gone 14.10 this year and comes from a strong hurdling group.
Girls 100m Dash (Prelims)
Teahna Daniels, Kaylin Whitney, and Deanna Hill all win their heats in under 11 seconds; 11.76, 11.78, 11.78. Three of the fastest girls in the state and nationally heading to the finals. Interesting note Whitney has not lost in regular season high school competition in her time as a high schooler. The group has met several times including all three at Lake Highland Prep and Whitney and Daniels most recently at Bob Hayes.
Girls 100m Hurdles (Prelims)
Hallandale's Kimani Rushing set a new personal best on day one of the Florida Relays in the 100 meter hurdles. Rushing improved on her 13.87 set at the Hallandale Invitational going 13.81, the best on the day by a good ammount and the third fastest so far in the state and seventh best in the country. Lake Mary's Domonique Turner won her heat in 14.14 while Jones' senior and University of Miami signee Stefani Kerrison was a winner out of heat three in 14.16. Brittany McGee of Admiral Farragut has the fourth fastest time at 14.51.
Boys 100m Dash (Prelims)
Terry Jernigan has posted times of 10.35 and 10.36 already this season. Friday afternoon the East Ridge standout clocked 10.43 in the prelims; not too shabby! That sets the tone for a highly anticipated final tomorrow afternoon. It's the third fastest in Florida this season and tied for 7th nationally! Levi Cadogan of the Barbados national team was the second fastest qualifier on the day with a time of 10.49 to win heat six. Deltron Hopkins and Nigel Bethel of Miami Booker T. Washington both advanced to the finals winning their heat in times of 10.57 and 10.61.
Boys 1600m Run (Non-Invitational)
Joseph Janson and Brandon Bejarano battled it out in the non-invite 1600... with Janson edging him out 4:23.63 to 4:24.05. Lake Mary sophomore Christian Aman third in 4:24.65 and Adam Sommer of Estero rounding out the top four in 4:25.06.
Girls 1600m Run (Non-Invitational)
Junior Morgan Lucy of Episcopal wins the 1600m in a very impressive 5:15.05. Seven girls under 5:30. Not bad for the non-invite 1600's! Way to go ladies!
DAY TWO FIELD EVENT HIGHLIGHTS
Boys Pole Vault
For the fourth time this season Harry Glasser of Bolles hit 16 feet or better. The University of Florida signee hit 16-0 on the dot to win the boys pole vault by a foot and a half over Nick Catchur of Tampa Jesuit and Carson Waters of Osceola (Seminole).
Fredrick Jones set a new personal best and state leading throw in the shot put of 62-10.5, beating his old PR by over a foot, and moving him up to number four on the national rankings! Apopka's Jamal Whitaker was four feet back with a throw of 58-02 to finish second.
Girls Long Jump
Boys Long Jump
Girls High Jump
Day One Race Videos/Interviews
- 100 Meter Hurdles - Kimani Rushing (Hallandale HS) 13.81; Domonique Turner (Lake Mary HS) 14.14; Stefani Kerrison (Jones HS) 14.16; Brittany McGee (Admiral Farragut Academy) 14.51; Lamisha Simmons (Hallandale HS) 14.67; Charlease Rodgers (Miami Northwestern HS) 14.75; Bianca Joseph (Suncoast HS) 14.82; Gina Louis (Palm Beach Lakes HS) 14.88; Alexis Santiago (Palmetto Ridge HS) 14.88; Cassidy Smith (Jones HS) 14.92; Danielle Scantlebury (Barbados National Team) 14.96; Gillian Morrison (Douglas HS) 14.98; Michelle Atherley (Port Charlotte HS) 15.19; Kristen Laidlaw (St. Thomas Aquinas HS) 15.20; Devonne Friday (Flagler Palm Coast HS) 15.43; De'Andreah Young (Miami Northwestern HS) 15.46; Juliette Smith (Gainesville HS) 15.78; Jenny Herard (Golden Gate HS) 15.78; Assita Toure (Charlotte HS) 15.87; Daja Clayton (Gateway HS (Kissimmee)) 15.93; Kirsten Chambers (St. Cloud HS) 15.98;
- 100 Meter Dash - Teahna Daniels (First Academy (Orlando)) 11.76; Kaylin Whitney (East Ridge HS) 11.76; Deanna Hill (Lake Highland Prep HS) 11.78; BeJai Fray (Lake Weir HS) 12.08; Jadzia Beasley (Lincoln HS) 12.15; Robyn Jones (Miami Northwestern HS) 12.15; Valencia Rolle (Miami Northwestern HS) 12.16; Kayla Heard (Stanton Prep) 12.16; Kiwani Chandler (Miramar HS) 12.18;Tymiah Montgomery (Oak Hall School) 12.35; Kara Young (Zephyrhills HS) 12.41; Nia Flagg (Gainesville HS) 12.42; Kiana Davis (Buchholz HS) 12.43; Kyrstlei Everett (Coral Glades HS) 12.47; Teresa Ehigou (Winter Park HS) 12.48;
- 1,600 Meter Run - Morgan Lucey (Episcopal School of Jacksonville) 5:15.05; Alyssa Bayliff (Seabreeze HS) 5:21.10; Morgan Feldt (South Sumter HS) 5:22.45; Audrey Carpenter (Ocala Vanguard HS) 5:23.18;
- 3,200 Meter Run - Julia Montgomery (Pine Crest HS) 10:44.06; Alexa Cruz (St. Thomas Aquinas HS) 10:49.73; Elizabeth Mulford (Ocala Vanguard HS) 11:02.97; Autumn Bartlett (University HS) 11:04.93; Tsion Yared (Pine Crest HS) 11:08.02; Fatema Jaffer (Lake Mary HS) 11:08.90; Lourdes Brea (Our Lady of Lourdes Academy) 11:16.09; Emily Kerns (Mitchell HS) 11:16.32; Brittney Olinger(Oak Hall School) 11:20.52; Margaret Schloss (St. Thomas Aquinas HS) 11:21.66; Bethany Jenkins (Estero HS) 11:24.13; Elizabeth Dawson (Daniel) 11:25.01; Adair Lyden (Lake Nona HS) 11:26.59;Angelina Grebe (Sarasota HS) 11:26.94; Hana Herndon (Winter Park HS) 11:28.34; Maria Isabella Poole (Ponte Vedra HS) 11:29.16; Emily Nix (Winter Park HS) 11:29.56; Claire Farnsworth (Lecanto HS) 11:33.05; Devin Molloy (Barron Collier HS) 11:33.94; Lindsay Tomaini (Community School of Naples) 11:34.37; Talia Carlson (Oak Hall School) 11:34.45; Alyssa Bayliff (Seabreeze HS) 11:43.46;Audrey Carpenter (Ocala Vanguard HS) 11:51.87; Nicole Morse (Columbia HS) 11:52.86; Karissa Solorzano (St. Cloud HS) 11:53.63; Sarah Edens (Buchholz HS) 11:53.70; Shannon Grace (Lake Brantley HS) 11:53.90; Michelle Wolff (DeLand HS) 11:55.32; Johanna Freeman (Lake Mary HS) 11:55.54; Kara Funke (Leesburg HS) 11:56.62; Emily Headley (Olympia HS) 11:57.15;
- 800 Meter Run - Madison Harris (Wakulla HS) 2:13.33; Sinclaire Johnson (Lake Brantley HS) 2:13.94; Emily Harding (Sarasota HS) 2:14.74; Ricardia Cooper (Miami Northwestern HS) 2:15.20;Christina Kalis (St. Thomas Aquinas HS) 2:16.04; Katie Slater (Estero HS) 2:16.05; Alon Lewis (St. Thomas Aquinas HS) 2:16.65; Breeana Salcedo (Cypress Lake HS) 2:18.89; Megan Slater (Estero HS) 2:19.04; Grace Blair (Oak Hall School) 2:19.25; Tania White (Winter Park HS) 2:19.32; Katherine Jovanovic (Pine Crest HS) 2:19.50; Jennifer Burns (Spruce Creek HS) 2:20.61; Mackenzie Brown(Sarasota HS) 2:20.90; Bobbi LaBrant (Indian Rocks Christian) 2:21.02; Sabrina Quijano (Our Lady of Lourdes Academy) 2:22.08; Elizabeth Jenkins (Winter Park HS) 2:23.41; Savannah Torres (Alonso HS) 2:23.76; Beckwith Stokes (Olympia HS) 2:23.94; Emily Castella (Our Lady of Lourdes Academy) 2:23.95; Summer Johnson (Freedom HS (Orlando)) 2:24.01; Hallie Grimes (Land O Lakes HS) 2:24.62; Kali Clemmer (Bloomingdale HS) 2:24.68; Forever Young (Seabreeze HS) 2:24.86; Isabella McCloskey (Seabreeze HS) 2:24.94;
- Discus - Jontavia Dykes (Miami Northwestern HS) 143-2; Akassja White (Miami Northwestern HS) 143-1; Phoebe Gustely (American Heritage MS/HS (Plantation)) 138-5; Stephanie Paul (Community School of Naples) 134-10; Shadayz Bullock (Eastside HS) 117-6; Jessie Hiteshew (Mount Dora Bible School) 112-3; Janae Taplin (West Orange HS) 111-7; Rachel Lightsey (Ocala Forest HS) 111-0;
- High Jump - Nicole Greene (Ponte Vedra HS) 5-10; Logan Boss (Suwannee HS) 5-6; Taylor Dames (Coral Reef HS) 5-6; Gillian Morrison (Douglas HS) 5-4; Domonique Turner (Lake Mary HS) 5-4;Briana Eskridge (Miami Northwestern HS) 5-4; Michelle Atherley (Port Charlotte HS) 5-4; Nyla Lindo (Pine Crest HS) 5-2; Kenflore Atilus (Naples HS) 5-2;
- Long Jump - Darrielle McQueen (North Florida Christian) 18-9; BeJai Fray (Lake Weir HS) 18-6; Brittany McGee (Admiral Farragut Academy) 18-3.5; Kailya Jackson (P.K. Yonge School) 17-11;Makeda Elliott (Hallandale HS) 17-6; Taranique Aexander (Miami Northwestern HS) 17-5; Darlene Charles (Golden Gate HS) 17-4.75; Ebony Luster (Lake Mary HS) 17-0;
- 100 Meter Dash - Terry Jernigan (East Ridge HS) 10.43; Levi Cadogan (Barbados National Team) 10.49; Deltron Hopkins (Miami Booker T. Washington HS) 10.57w; Nigel Bethel (Miami Booker T. Washington HS) 10.61; Charles Nelson (Seabreeze HS) 10.62; Antonio Howard (Miami Northwestern HS) 10.67; Xavier Atkins (Spruce Creek HS) 10.76w; Jimmie Robinson (Flagler Palm Coast HS) 10.79; Kylan Oates (Gainesville HS) 10.84; Michael Timpson Jr. (First Academy (Orlando)) 10.90; DeShawn Applewhite (Lyman HS) 10.92; Jahquez Durham (First Academy (Orlando)) 10.94; Tamal Atwell (Barbados-Unattached) 10.99; Jaquez President (Gibbs HS) 10.99;
- 110 Meter Hurdles - Kelvin Williams (Palm Bay HS) 14.15; Jonathan Hayden (Palm Beach Lakes HS) 14.20; Terrance Adams (Dunbar HS) 14.25; Rasheed Tatham (St. Thomas Aquinas HS) 14.47;John Battle (Hallandale HS) 14.49; Antwuan Musgrove (Hallandale HS) 14.58; John Burt (Lincoln HS) 14.64; Raj Fanroy (Dunbar HS) 14.64; Jordan A. Washington (St. Thomas Aquinas HS) 14.68;Michael Taylor (First Academy (Orlando)) 14.79; Markivous Brown (Palm Beach Lakes HS) 15.00; Tyshawn Lytle (Lake Brantley HS) 15.00;
- 1,600 Meter Run - Joseph Janson (P.K. Yonge School) 4:23.63; Brandon Bejarano (Westminster Academy) 4:24.06; William Christian Aman (Lake Mary HS) 4:24.65; Adam Sommer (Estero HS) 4:25.06; Jadon Long (Lowndes High School) 4:27.94; Tyler O'brien (Martin County HS) 4:28.91; Sam Geha (Benedictine Military School) 4:29.58; Sergio Santiago (Olympia HS) 4:31.71; Jared Levine(Lake Brantley HS) 4:32.02; Kenneth Hernandez (Ida S. Baker HS) 4:32.55;
- 3,200 Meter Run - Kurt Convey (Coral Reef HS) 9:13.36; Keneth Pineiro (DeLand HS) 9:22.78; Adam Bradtmueller (Sarasota HS) 9:26.44; Joshua Jacques (Lyman HS) 9:27.17; Alejandro Pedraza(Golden Gate HS) 9:27.55; Tyler Fisher (Port Charlotte HS) 9:27.76; Ronny Greenup (Miami Sunset HS) 9:31.97; Charles Shackelford (Fort Walton Beach HS) 9:33.34; Andrew Iglesias (Pembroke Pines Charter HS) 9:34.16; Manuel Velasquez (St. Thomas Aquinas HS) 9:37.36; Dillion Vallette (Estero HS) 9:37.89; Jared Levine (Lake Brantley HS) 9:43.09; Sean Barricklow (Martin County HS) 9:46.69;Christian Beauchemin (Flanagan HS) 9:49.25; Anthony Deleva (Coral Glades HS) 9:50.10; Crisman Jones (Ponte Vedra HS) 9:51.04; Austin Perry (Oak Hall School) 9:51.51; John Bryant (Bloomingdale HS) 9:53.00; Anthony Sayers O'Neill (University HS) 9:53.43; William Christian Aman (Lake Mary HS) 9:54.99; Tyler Skidelsky (Lake Highland Prep HS) 9:55.35; Michael Kennedy (Pine Crest HS) 9:55.87; Ryan Welch (Pine Crest HS) 9:56.90; Cameron McCutcheon (Lyman HS) 9:57.78; Brandon Roa (Flagler Palm Coast HS) 9:58.37;
- 800 Meter Run - Javon Patterson (Boyd Anderson HS) 1:52.04; Matthew Butler (St. Thomas Aquinas HS) 1:53.12; Kyren Hollis (Olympia HS) 1:53.31; Kolin Ashbacher (Palmetto Ridge HS) 1:54.01;Zackery Summerall (Sarasota HS) 1:55.00; John Decker (Pine Crest HS) 1:55.36; Jesse Wear (Montverde Academy) 1:55.51; Jack Rogers (Robinson HS) 1:55.68; Kevin Heron (Bloomingdale HS) 1:55.69; Matt Butler (Bloomingdale HS) 1:55.98; Max Robinson (Lake Brantley HS) 1:56.37; Chris Robin (Calvary Christian (Clearwater)) 1:56.78; Bryce Statham (St. Thomas Aquinas HS) 1:57.48;Andres Magliano (Doral Academy Charter HS) 1:57.52; Alex Strickland (North Florida Christian) 1:57.86; Zach Garland (Martin County HS) 1:58.03; Connor Ferrentino (Freedom HS (Orlando)) 1:58.11;Alex Boucher (Winter Park HS) 1:58.19; Ishmael Goyco (Olympia HS) 1:58.23; Angel Alvarez (Lake Nona HS) 1:58.27; Marshall Dillon (Charlotte HS) 1:58.52; Josh Rodriguez (Lake Weir HS) 1:58.91;John Toussaint (Boyd Anderson HS) 1:59.48; Carlos Penaranda (Pembroke Pines Charter HS) 1:59.60; Jacob Dorn (Estero HS) 1:59.90;
- Long Jump - Charles Nelson (Seabreeze HS) 23-11; Corey Williams (Sarasota HS) 23-5.5; Laron James (Buchholz HS) 23-0.25; Tyler Byrd (Naples HS) 22-9; Jeffrey Spence (Spruce Creek HS) 22-3.25;
- Pole Vault - Harry Glasser (Bolles HS) 16-0; Carson Waters (Osceola HS (Seminole)) 14-6; Nick Catchur (Tampa Jesuit HS) 14-6; Sean Clarke (Lyman HS) 14-0; David Kornitzer (Newsome HS) 13-6;Gabriel Charles (Crystal River HS) 13-6; Eric Vinson (Key West HS) 13-6; Prince Logan (Fort Lauderdale HS) 13-6; Jonathan Griffin-Heard (Oak Ridge HS) 13-0; Jack Hughes (Tampa Jesuit HS) 13-0;Armand Woodley (First Academy (Orlando)) 12-6; Zachary Lightfoot (Key West HS) 12-6; Luke Blosser (Florida Christian School) 12-6;
- Shot Put - Fredrick Jones (Miami Central HS) 62-10.5; Jamal Whittaker (Apopka HS) 58-2; Aaron Hanna (Miami Central HS) 55-5.5; Zachary Mathurin (Douglas HS) 52-10.5; William Gordon (Miami Norland HS) 52-9.5; David May (Fleming Island HS) 52-7; Ryan Crozier (St. Thomas Aquinas HS) 50-8; Chris Miller (First Academy (Orlando)) 50-4.5; Dylan Stoner (Lecanto HS) 49-0.5; Joshua Robinson (Hallandale HS) 48-10.5; Herman Howard (Miami Northwestern HS) 48-9;