the sunglasses rule?
03/19/2006 12:13:26 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I wear contacts when I run. I need sunglasses to help with the glare from the sun and to prevent my contacts from drying out and falling out. So, does anyone know the true ruling regarding the use of sunglasses during track and cross country competition? Some meets allow it and others do not.
I wear contacts when I run. I need sunglasses to help with the glare from the sun and to prevent my contacts from drying out and falling out. So, does anyone know the true ruling regarding the use of sunglasses during track and cross country competition? Some meets allow it and others do not.
03/19/2006 2:02:04 PM
Coach
Since many athletes wear prescription sunglasses there is no rule against it, but some meet referees could construe non-prescription shades as an \'accessory\' and ban them. A simple note from a doctor saying he recommends you wear them for the reasons given, will stop a referee from making you take them off.
Since many athletes wear prescription sunglasses there is no rule against it, but some meet referees could construe non-prescription shades as an \'accessory\' and ban them. A simple note from a doctor saying he recommends you wear them for the reasons given, will stop a referee from making you take them off.
03/19/2006 9:10:43 PM
User
Seems like Floriday is more reasonable than Georgia. Here, you can\'t wear prescription sunglasses, and, if you have glasses that tint according to the glare, you are in trouble. I just think that those making the rules were never \"glasses kids.\"
Seems like Floriday is more reasonable than Georgia. Here, you can\'t wear prescription sunglasses, and, if you have glasses that tint according to the glare, you are in trouble. I just think that those making the rules were never \"glasses kids.\"
03/20/2006 9:21:05 AM
User
I can find nothing in the FHSAA writings relating to c.c. or t.& f. that would prohibit wearing glasses of either kind...prescription or sun.
I can find nothing in the FHSAA writings relating to c.c. or t.& f. that would prohibit wearing glasses of either kind...prescription or sun.
03/22/2006 4:47:41 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Keywestcoach is correct. There is no rule forbidding the use of sunglasses in the national or Florida rulebooks.

Coach crandall is correct also that a games committee (or meet director in lieu of a games committee) could rule sunglasses were illegal if he/she or they chose to declare it so before a meet began. A games committee or meet director has that power. It would have to be announced to the coaches before the event began. It would be unlikely that anyone would do this but it is always a good idea to check with the meet referee or meet director before the meet begins if you are unsure.

Everett Morris
Matanzas CC & Track
Keywestcoach is correct. There is no rule forbidding the use of sunglasses in the national or Florida rulebooks.

Coach crandall is correct also that a games committee (or meet director in lieu of a games committee) could rule sunglasses were illegal if he/she or they chose to declare it so before a meet began. A games committee or meet director has that power. It would have to be announced to the coaches before the event began. It would be unlikely that anyone would do this but it is always a good idea to check with the meet referee or meet director before the meet begins if you are unsure.

Everett Morris
Matanzas CC & Track
03/26/2006 12:14:26 AM
User
The rule reads that jj blackburn can not wear sunglass but yoder can if he feels like it.
The rule reads that jj blackburn can not wear sunglass but yoder can if he feels like it.
03/10/2007 11:38:14 PM
User
hey j, i gotta profile
hey j, i gotta profile

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.