Parking instructions for spectators:
Instructions for buses:
Please enter campus off of Colonial through the main entrance and follow the signs. Buses will be allowed to drop off near the baseball field. Buses must stay around the loop, drop off runners, and then follow the parking attendant's instruction. Buses are not to park on the side of the road around the loop.
Form for coaches to fill out to receive their packet regarding COVID 19 safety protocol: //assets.sp.milesplit.com/meets/387910/files/covid-19_monitoring_form.pdf
TBD on Coaches' meeting (You will be receiving most everything digitally)
RACES: (Note: Start times were adjusted as of 9/11)
Girls' varsity race: 7:20 am
Boys' varsity race: 8:00 am
Girls' JV race: 8:30 am
Boys' JV race: 9:10 am
*AWARDS: Top ten athletes in the varsity girls' and boys' races will receive a t shirt.
*Cost: $75.00 per gender / boys and girls= $150.00
*Number of runners for the varsity races: maximum of 7 athletes per gender
*Number of runners for JV races: maximum of 10 athletes per gender
Parking: $5.00 per vehicle
Please make checks out to: Southwest Florida Christian Academy
Payment address: Southwest Florida Christian Academy (attn: Mike Marciano)
3750 Colonial Blvd, Fort Myers, FL 33966
Contact information: Coach Katie Abbott (239-357-2198) / email: email@example.com
Safety precautions/other details:
1. Spectators will be required to have their temperatures checked in their vehicles while entering the gated spectator entrance area. A temperature of 100.4 and higher will not be allowed in the meet. Spectators will receive a wrist band indicating they have paid the parking fee and have had their temperatures checked. Spectators will then be allowed to park and enter the race area.
2. Parking for spectators will be $5.00 per vehicle.
3. Coaches will be responsible for taking the temperatures of their athletes and filling out a form before teams enter the race area (This form will be sent out prior to the meet). Athletes that have a temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be allowed to compete. Note: If teams are traveling separately, then the athlete will have to get his or her temperature taken by the coach upon arrival at the meet. The coach will NOT be able to receive the packet until EVERY athlete has had his or her temperature checked and the form is filled out completely by the coach vouching for his or her athletes. Coaches will give the filled out form to the volunteers at the gate when the team enters/once all of the temperatures are checked. Then, the coaches will receive their team packet once they have turned the filled out sheet in to the volunteer.
4. Teams will find their marked out team tent area on the baseball field distanced from other teams.
5. If spectators and athletes are unable to social distance at the meet, we recommend a face mask to be worn.
6. Runners will be starting in starting boxes that are 6 feet wide. Between each 6 ft wide box will be a 2-3 ft extra gap space for further social distancing precautions. Runners will all start at the same time in their respective races due to the number of teams and runners for varsity and JV races. Runners will be allowed to the starting line 5 min prior to the start.
7. Teams will only be allowed to enter a max of 7 varsity boys, 7 varsity girls, 10 JV boys, and 10 JV girls. Many teams will not have JV participants so this will help even things out for the larger schools.
8. Each team will receive two wrist bands for two designated coaches to be allowed at the finish line to help athletes. We will have individual bottled water being passed out by volunteers.
9. We will be having an awards ceremony that will be social distanced after the last race. Top 10 varsity boys and top 10 varsity girls will receive a t shirt.