Thank you to everyone
09/29/2018 5:29:17 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
I am not even going to attempt to thank everyone by name. Far too tired right now. But really want to thank Polk County's Central Florida Sports Marketing, George Jenkins High School, and of course everyone at Holloway Park for working us to put on our 19th Annual event. The meet has renewed energy and such a fantastic and centralized venue in Lakeland. And it just keeps getting better and better every single year. That will only continue. It will be the best venue in the Southeast at some point, count on it! Not far off! Our numbers last year really rebounded and this year we were approaching record high numbers with 400-500 more athletes than FLR 18. Next year is the big 20 and we want to really blow it out to celebrate 20 years of this meet that is so steeped in tradition. Thank you to each and every one of the athletes, coaches, parents, athletic directors, fans, and journalists who came out there today. We really love our teams and we do everything we can to create a good experience for the kids. Today we saw two dip under the tough course record. On Friday we saw another course record. Raposo wheeled Holloway for the first time and the "strictest wheel in the state" says it is long by his count. So that's a first for me. THANK YOU TEAMS! WE LOVE YOU! WE HOPE YOUR KIDS HAD A BLAST. WE CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU NEXT YEAR. TELL YOUR FRIENDS. LET'S BLOW IT UP FOR FLR 20. BIGGER AND BETTER, FASTER, AND MORE FUN!!
I am not even going to attempt to thank everyone by name. Far too tired right now. But really want to thank Polk County's Central Florida Sports Marketing, George Jenkins High School, and of course everyone at Holloway Park for working us to put on our 19th Annual event.

The meet has renewed energy and such a fantastic and centralized venue in Lakeland. And it just keeps getting better and better every single year. That will only continue. It will be the best venue in the Southeast at some point, count on it! Not far off!

Our numbers last year really rebounded and this year we were approaching record high numbers with 400-500 more athletes than FLR 18. Next year is the big 20 and we want to really blow it out to celebrate 20 years of this meet that is so steeped in tradition.

Thank you to each and every one of the athletes, coaches, parents, athletic directors, fans, and journalists who came out there today. We really love our teams and we do everything we can to create a good experience for the kids.

Today we saw two dip under the tough course record. On Friday we saw another course record. Raposo wheeled Holloway for the first time and the "strictest wheel in the state" says it is long by his count. So that's a first for me.

THANK YOU TEAMS! WE LOVE YOU! WE HOPE YOUR KIDS HAD A BLAST. WE CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU NEXT YEAR. TELL YOUR FRIENDS. LET'S BLOW IT UP FOR FLR 20. BIGGER AND BETTER, FASTER, AND MORE FUN!!
09/29/2018 6:23:29 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@jason Thank YOU! Loved the meet as we always do and really love it at Holloway. Thanks again.
@jason Thank YOU! Loved the meet as we always do and really love it at Holloway. Thanks again.
09/30/2018 1:21:48 PM
Power User
[quote=jason]Today we saw two dip under the tough course record. On Friday we saw another course record. Raposo wheeled Holloway for the first time and the "strictest wheel in the state" says it is long by his count. So that's a first for me.[/quote] We went from 76.5 meters short at COL, to 28 meters (92 feet) long at Holloway Park; at least by my wheel (12 inches off the inside course boundary). So definitely a legitimate and tough course! Great job to J, Dale, Elitetiming, and everyone else on such a great event!
jason wrote:
Today we saw two dip under the tough course record. On Friday we saw another course record. Raposo wheeled Holloway for the first time and the "strictest wheel in the state" says it is long by his count. So that's a first for me.

We went from 76.5 meters short at COL, to 28 meters (92 feet) long at Holloway Park; at least by my wheel (12 inches off the inside course boundary). So definitely a legitimate and tough course!

Great job to J, Dale, Elitetiming, and everyone else on such a great event!
10/01/2018 8:48:34 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Congrats to the FlRunners Team for putting on a great meet. Also a huge thank you to Dale for answering each and every email & question we had regarding the meet. You truly put on a great show. Hope to see everyone back next year. I do have one final question: What will happen to the award medals for places 21-30 in the ROC? Thanks Alex
Congrats to the FlRunners Team for putting on a great meet. Also a huge thank you to Dale for answering each and every email & question we had regarding the meet. You truly put on a great show. Hope to see everyone back next year.

I do have one final question: What will happen to the award medals for places 21-30 in the ROC?

Thanks

Alex
10/01/2018 9:45:51 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@Gooch7 We are trying to find them. We will get those out to those deserving athletes. Dale
@Gooch7

We are trying to find them. We will get those out to those deserving athletes.

Dale
10/01/2018 5:36:58 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@Gooch7 The awards vendor mistakenly gave us extra 1-15 medals and not 21-30 for the ROC. We emailed the vendor today to notify them of the problem and seek a quick resolution. Hope to get new medals made and mailed out as soon as possible.
@Gooch7 The awards vendor mistakenly gave us extra 1-15 medals and not 21-30 for the ROC. We emailed the vendor today to notify them of the problem and seek a quick resolution. Hope to get new medals made and mailed out as soon as possible.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.