YES 58 64%
NO 33 36%
91 Votes

Vote!
We want TODD GRASLEY back!
01/07/2019 1:32:42 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Todd has great in-depth articles making the site exciting kept you wanting to more BRUNG TODD back
Todd has great in-depth articles making the site exciting kept you wanting to more BRUNG TODD back
01/07/2019 9:56:46 PM
Power User
To me the 3, Flrunners, Jason, and Todd, are synonymous. Todd is infectious to the sport. He was always on the lookout for a story to be written about that one kid no one heard of even if that kid was just locally dominant. Flrunners is where it all truly started and we are in my opinion noticeably short with articles as of late. Granted tons of stats and pictures which are great also, but I can look up stats in the database anytime...How about content stories, they are just not there...getting students to journal or write like Adair did when she was in school as did many others...Not sure what happened behind the scenes, but all I know is there is a gaping whole in Florida with him not part of FLrunners.
To me the 3, Flrunners, Jason, and Todd, are synonymous. Todd is infectious to the sport. He was always on the lookout for a story to be written about that one kid no one heard of even if that kid was just locally dominant. Flrunners is where it all truly started and we are in my opinion noticeably short with articles as of late. Granted tons of stats and pictures which are great also, but I can look up stats in the database anytime...How about content stories, they are just not there...getting students to journal or write like Adair did when she was in school as did many others...Not sure what happened behind the scenes, but all I know is there is a gaping whole in Florida with him not part of FLrunners.
01/08/2019 12:35:14 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I agree. i am not sure what happened, but there is definitely something missing without him. Whether it be youth athletes from Club teams or High School teams, Todd had been a phenomenal job of getting to know athletes and coaches personally. Thus providing a more indepth perspective when covering our youth. I am not sure who's making the decisions, but you can feel absence of Todd's influence. To be honest-- Todd is Flrunners in South Florida. We miss you Todd. Hopefully you resurface soon.
I agree. i am not sure what happened, but there is definitely something missing without him. Whether it be youth athletes from Club teams or High School teams, Todd had been a phenomenal job of getting to know athletes and coaches personally. Thus providing a more indepth perspective when covering our youth. I am not sure who's making the decisions, but you can feel absence of Todd's influence. To be honest-- Todd is Flrunners in South Florida. We miss you Todd. Hopefully you resurface soon.
01/08/2019 8:50:54 AM
User
Bring Todd back!!!!! I really enjoyed the fact that he made it his business to cover as many athletes as possible. He doesn’t just focus on the kids that are already on top, he also covers kids that are on the rise or will have some impactin the sport. Bring him back! It’s good for the sport!!
Bring Todd back!!!!! I really enjoyed the fact that he made it his business to cover as many athletes as possible. He doesn't just focus on the kids that are already on top, he also covers kids that are on the rise or will have some impactin the sport. Bring him back! It's good for the sport!!
01/08/2019 9:20:45 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Todd for 2019
Todd for 2019
01/08/2019 9:47:56 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Todd brought a ton if good content to both the sport if track and field and your site. You were fish to let him go! He is a great ambassador for track and field. Do the right thing and bring him bsck!
Todd brought a ton if good content to both the sport if track and field and your site. You were fish to let him go! He is a great ambassador for track and field. Do the right thing and bring him bsck!
01/08/2019 9:53:16 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Todd came down to my meet this year and gave great coverage, interviews, and put together an amazing video. i'm very appreciative of him and what he did during his time with Flrunners, but to come down and cover my meet while not with Flrunners is very impressive. Thank you Todd. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucWc_z-z0Io]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucWc_z-z0Io[/url]
Todd came down to my meet this year and gave great coverage, interviews, and put together an amazing video. i'm very appreciative of him and what he did during his time with Flrunners, but to come down and cover my meet while not with Flrunners is very impressive. Thank you Todd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucWc_z-z0Io
01/08/2019 9:58:59 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
WE WANT TODD!!
WE WANT TODD!!
01/08/2019 10:22:12 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I am in total agreement. Todd's articles were interesting and made you want to log into flrunners to read what he had to say about athletes we know about and most importantly athletes we may not of heard anything about. There has been so many missed opportunities regarding athletes that are under the radar. I personally know a few athletes that have made a impact in XC and track and there has never been any mention of their names.
I am in total agreement. Todd's articles were interesting and made you want to log into flrunners to read what he had to say about athletes we know about and most importantly athletes we may not of heard anything about. There has been so many missed opportunities regarding athletes that are under the radar. I personally know a few athletes that have made a impact in XC and track and there has never been any mention of their names.
01/08/2019 10:53:23 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I'm playing devil's advocate: Does everyone feel as if Todd was that good at the very BEGINNING of his tenure? Or did he develop into such a great reporter as he grew into his position?
I'm playing devil's advocate:

Does everyone feel as if Todd was that good at the very BEGINNING of his tenure? Or did he develop into such a great reporter as he grew into his position?
01/08/2019 1:08:07 PM
Power User
@RayRodriguez When he began he was awful...but he was everywhere and smart enough to listen to what people wanted and attach himself to people he deemed in the know. He immersed himself in the culture and took his lumps when they came and rarely made the same mistake twice. Plus when he began FLrunners was just for the most part a database. Todd created the desire for articles we didn't know we craved. Lately to me at least it has felt like just a database again.
@RayRodriguez
When he began he was awful...but he was everywhere and smart enough to listen to what people wanted and attach himself to people he deemed in the know. He immersed himself in the culture and took his lumps when they came and rarely made the same mistake twice.

Plus when he began FLrunners was just for the most part a database. Todd created the desire for articles we didn't know we craved. Lately to me at least it has felt like just a database again.
01/09/2019 9:09:08 AM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
Thank you all for your constructive feedback. As always if you have specific story ideas or would like to share a meet you are hosting and were wondering about coverage, please email me at adair.lyden@flosports.tv. Best of luck in this upcoming season. Hope to see some of you all at the FACA clinic this weekend. Best, Adair Lyden Flrunners Editor
Thank you all for your constructive feedback.

As always if you have specific story ideas or would like to share a meet you are hosting and were wondering about coverage, please email me at adair.lyden@flosports.tv.

Best of luck in this upcoming season.

Hope to see some of you all at the FACA clinic this weekend.

Best,
Adair Lyden
Flrunners Editor
01/09/2019 10:39:16 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Todd is the one that made a lot of people step up their game. There are a lot of things missing since his absence. We are now in crucial track years (worlds/olympics/worlds)and FLRUNNERS has lost it’s identity that has been built up over time.
Todd is the one that made a lot of people step up their game. There are a lot of things missing since his absence. We are now in crucial track years (worlds/olympics/worlds)and FLRUNNERS has lost it's identity that has been built up over time.
01/09/2019 11:12:43 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Todd was the best for all reasons stated, and he was unceremoniously dumped. I lost a great deal of respect for the powers that be, apparently putting profit over content.
Todd was the best for all reasons stated, and he was unceremoniously dumped. I lost a great deal of respect for the powers that be, apparently putting profit over content.
01/09/2019 6:36:51 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Wow, Adair. That was a textbook administrative non-answer. No insight, no explanation. I say this as a completely neutral observer. I literally have no opinion on whether Todd should be back or not. I am not that involved on FLrunners. That said...sheesh!
Wow, Adair.

That was a textbook administrative non-answer. No insight, no explanation.

I say this as a completely neutral observer. I literally have no opinion on whether Todd should be back or not. I am not that involved on FLrunners.

That said...sheesh!
01/09/2019 9:07:37 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
Hi Everyone, I hear you. I know I have big shoes to fill. I grew up with the FLRunners community and these past few months have been nothing short of challenging and yet simultaneously rewarding -- to watch you and your athletes succeed. This is a huge learning curve and I appreciate your feedback as I look at how I can improve week after week, day after day. The FLRunners legacy means so much to me as I know it does to you. This network inspired me to share my story years ago and helped me find my purpose -- my passion. I want to write your stories and your athlete's stories, cover your events, and elevate the coverage of our sport. To do this I also need your support. I like to compare this journey to a really difficult 16x400m workout. The first repetition is difficult -- its hard to breath, you're overwhelmed by the reps ahead. Yet, repetition after repetition things start to click -- your cadence and breathing start to seem effortless. I'm in that first half of this workout right now and your feedback is essential for me to move forward. Change is very difficult and I know that I have a long way to go to win you all over. Please know that I will get back on that line, week after week, listening to you and working on improving. I hope to see you all at the FACA Clinic this weekend. Adair
Hi Everyone,

I hear you. I know I have big shoes to fill. I grew up with the FLRunners community and these past few months have been nothing short of challenging and yet simultaneously rewarding -- to watch you and your athletes succeed.

This is a huge learning curve and I appreciate your feedback as I look at how I can improve week after week, day after day.

The FLRunners legacy means so much to me as I know it does to you. This network inspired me to share my story years ago and helped me find my purpose -- my passion. I want to write your stories and your athlete's stories, cover your events, and elevate the coverage of our sport.

To do this I also need your support.

I like to compare this journey to a really difficult 16x400m workout. The first repetition is difficult -- its hard to breath, you're overwhelmed by the reps ahead. Yet, repetition after repetition things start to click -- your cadence and breathing start to seem effortless.

I'm in that first half of this workout right now and your feedback is essential for me to move forward.

Change is very difficult and I know that I have a long way to go to win you all over.

Please know that I will get back on that line, week after week, listening to you and working on improving.

I hope to see you all at the FACA Clinic this weekend.

Adair
01/09/2019 9:57:12 PM
Coach
Change is not easy neither is seeing someone who became so dear to many in the Florida Coaching Community just to be removed the way he was and no explanation to those who were his extended family. I believe that is where some feel wronged. What Todd built took years and he is beyond missed. Our frustrations shouldn't be so much to Adair as she does have huge shoes to fill but to whomever removed him. Yes, I believe Adair should have responded a bit better than she initially did but honestly no matter who the replacement would have been most of us would feel the same. Todd should be brought back in some capacity as that I believe is deserved and Adair needs to work some connections and bring back some of the flair that brought FlRunners to be one of the top track and field sites. Our site set the base for many other states to follow and it has fell off. Is there a possibility for Todd to return? Is there a way they both could exist together? We deserve more content. We deserve better stories... Florida is a large state with a ton of talent, covering one area isn't enough and covering stories of athletes no one has ever had interest in is not going to work either. Bowerman preseason list has South Florida's own Andre Ewers Road to 2020 - there are at least 4 training groups throughout Florida that have Olympic hopefuls and Olympic Alumnis More detailed stories about 2019 signees and as many signed out of state maybe asking why? Changes to FHSAA registration and what that means, switching to Direct Athletics is a bigger move than many may understand. Even though they are undercutting FL.Milesplit your users should still be aware. This seasons top meets throughout the state. So many stories so many ideas.
Change is not easy neither is seeing someone who became so dear to many in the Florida Coaching Community just to be removed the way he was and no explanation to those who were his extended family. I believe that is where some feel wronged. What Todd built took years and he is beyond missed. Our frustrations shouldn't be so much to Adair as she does have huge shoes to fill but to whomever removed him. Yes, I believe Adair should have responded a bit better than she initially did but honestly no matter who the replacement would have been most of us would feel the same. Todd should be brought back in some capacity as that I believe is deserved and Adair needs to work some connections and bring back some of the flair that brought FlRunners to be one of the top track and field sites. Our site set the base for many other states to follow and it has fell off. Is there a possibility for Todd to return? Is there a way they both could exist together? We deserve more content. We deserve better stories... Florida is a large state with a ton of talent, covering one area isn't enough and covering stories of athletes no one has ever had interest in is not going to work either.

Bowerman preseason list has South Florida's own Andre Ewers

Road to 2020 - there are at least 4 training groups throughout Florida that have Olympic hopefuls and Olympic Alumnis

More detailed stories about 2019 signees and as many signed out of state maybe asking why?

Changes to FHSAA registration and what that means, switching to Direct Athletics is a bigger move than many may understand. Even though they are undercutting FL.Milesplit your users should still be aware.

This seasons top meets throughout the state.

So many stories so many ideas.
01/09/2019 10:03:18 PM
Power User
@Adair Lyden I think you misunderstand... no one at least let me speak for myself is not inditing you and saying you are terrible or anything personal. I expect a learning curve, this has more to do with someone doing a good job and not even being acknowledged of his time by his employer to the customer base, which is a family in this state of FL. He was here doing great work and then he was gone. I do not blame you nor have Ill will toward you and hope you live upto what we expect and have come accustomed to. When someone does good work and loses their job it resonates with people who also do good work for a good cause it hits home, makes us feel like it could happen to anyone without cause. Which happens sometimes, but that doesn't mean if we have a voice we should remain silent about it.
@Adair Lyden
I think you misunderstand... no one at least let me speak for myself is not inditing you and saying you are terrible or anything personal. I expect a learning curve, this has more to do with someone doing a good job and not even being acknowledged of his time by his employer to the customer base, which is a family in this state of FL. He was here doing great work and then he was gone. I do not blame you nor have Ill will toward you and hope you live upto what we expect and have come accustomed to. When someone does good work and loses their job it resonates with people who also do good work for a good cause it hits home, makes us feel like it could happen to anyone without cause. Which happens sometimes, but that doesn't mean if we have a voice we should remain silent about it.
01/10/2019 8:20:30 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@raycer131 what he said #imisstodd
@raycer131
what he said

#imisstodd
01/10/2019 9:38:35 AM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
I have a lot to say on the matter, but I can't say most of it. First of all, to be clear, I was not part of the decision to dismiss Todd. Despite being the founder, my senior management capacity with the company today is purely in the Product/Engineering department. In some ways I was surprised by the decision, in some ways I wasn't. And I respect the decision that was made. I understand some of you might want more explanation, but as I'm sure any of you who have worked in a professional situation can understand... you don't go out and publicly talk about personnel decisions or air dirty laundry. Todd has a lot of amazing qualities, but also has some weaknesses (as we all do) and, unfortunately, the sum of those eventually led to a tough decision. Todd continues to be a good personal friend of mine: I often liken him to being my annoying little brother. He is talented and will continue to do great things and continues to do work for FloSports as a contractor even today. This site, this sport, you all, these kids continue and will forever be near and dear to my heart. I am sad when you are sad and happy when you are thrilled with the product we bring. I will personally continue to use my influence, for whatever its worth, to build a brighter future for the site and the sport. I am also personally giving all of the support that I can to Adair. And I ask that you all do the same. She is young, hungry and talented. She loves this sport. She grew up with this site and has a ton of passion for it. She yearns to earn your trust and live up to the great legacy we have built together here. Please give her that love back and encourage her. The professional advice always give is a running analogy: every day you just go out and try to set a new PR. That means that you may not be world class from day one, but you try to improve every single day. It also means that even once you get to a high level you don't say "yes, this is it! I've done it!" but you keep pressing for higher and higher goals. Every. Single. Day. This is something I told Todd countless times over the years. Adair will do that, as long as we don't run her off before she gets there. Give her that time and courtesy to build those relationships and get her endurance up. Few probably realize how hard this job is! Believe me! I lived it for 15 years!!! There was an Flrunners before the previous administration -- for those of you old enough to remember when I ran the show solo! And there will continue to be one after. When Todd came on board, he worked with directly me in our office for a few years to help the transition and show him the ropes. I pushed him and taught him what the expectations are, introduced him to folks, and could point out where the land mines were. I wish I had that with Adair, but she's in Gainesville wearing those hideous Gator colors all the time. (just kidding) So she's having to figure out how to navigate this largely on her own. Thank you in advance for supporting her, lifting her up, providing constructive feedback, and helping her grow this site to even higher heights that make us all so proud.
I have a lot to say on the matter, but I can't say most of it. First of all, to be clear, I was not part of the decision to dismiss Todd. Despite being the founder, my senior management capacity with the company today is purely in the Product/Engineering department. In some ways I was surprised by the decision, in some ways I wasn't. And I respect the decision that was made.

I understand some of you might want more explanation, but as I'm sure any of you who have worked in a professional situation can understand... you don't go out and publicly talk about personnel decisions or air dirty laundry. Todd has a lot of amazing qualities, but also has some weaknesses (as we all do) and, unfortunately, the sum of those eventually led to a tough decision. Todd continues to be a good personal friend of mine: I often liken him to being my annoying little brother. He is talented and will continue to do great things and continues to do work for FloSports as a contractor even today.

This site, this sport, you all, these kids continue and will forever be near and dear to my heart. I am sad when you are sad and happy when you are thrilled with the product we bring. I will personally continue to use my influence, for whatever its worth, to build a brighter future for the site and the sport.

I am also personally giving all of the support that I can to Adair. And I ask that you all do the same.

She is young, hungry and talented. She loves this sport. She grew up with this site and has a ton of passion for it. She yearns to earn your trust and live up to the great legacy we have built together here. Please give her that love back and encourage her.

The professional advice always give is a running analogy: every day you just go out and try to set a new PR. That means that you may not be world class from day one, but you try to improve every single day. It also means that even once you get to a high level you don't say "yes, this is it! I've done it!" but you keep pressing for higher and higher goals. Every. Single. Day. This is something I told Todd countless times over the years.

Adair will do that, as long as we don't run her off before she gets there. Give her that time and courtesy to build those relationships and get her endurance up. Few probably realize how hard this job is! Believe me! I lived it for 15 years!!!

There was an Flrunners before the previous administration -- for those of you old enough to remember when I ran the show solo! And there will continue to be one after. When Todd came on board, he worked with directly me in our office for a few years to help the transition and show him the ropes. I pushed him and taught him what the expectations are, introduced him to folks, and could point out where the land mines were.

I wish I had that with Adair, but she's in Gainesville wearing those hideous Gator colors all the time. (just kidding) So she's having to figure out how to navigate this largely on her own. Thank you in advance for supporting her, lifting her up, providing constructive feedback, and helping her grow this site to even higher heights that make us all so proud.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.