Article Comment: FSU Invitational Meet Summary
10/10/2010 1:19:31 PM
Admin
Thanks for the article and photos Rese, but please tell me where you saw large roots on the course.
Thanks for the article and photos Rese, but please tell me where you saw large roots on the course.
10/10/2010 1:59:51 PM
Admin
Coaches, Thanks to all the teams who came to Tallahassee this year for the FSU Invitational. As many of you know, I put a lot of work into making the FSU Relays one of the top track meets of the season. However I feel I have dropped the ball on our XC meet. We have some very wonderful people who have put tons of work into making the ARP one of the best courses in the south. And whether you are a FSU fan or not, we want teams to come experience this course and meet. I would like to receive feedback from schools who attended and from those who thought about coming but didn't. My goal for next year is to have 50 to 60 teams in attendance. We have already discussed scoring the JV races with chip timing and that change will happen next year. Whether it is good or bad feedback please let me know. Thanks again, and I look forward to seeing many of you next year. Coach Sumner Godby High School LFCSumner3@aol.com
Coaches,

Thanks to all the teams who came to Tallahassee this year for the FSU Invitational. As many of you know, I put a lot of work into making the FSU Relays one of the top track meets of the season. However I feel I have dropped the ball on our XC meet. We have some very wonderful people who have put tons of work into making the ARP one of the best courses in the south. And whether you are a FSU fan or not, we want teams to come experience this course and meet. I would like to receive feedback from schools who attended and from those who thought about coming but didn't. My goal for next year is to have 50 to 60 teams in attendance. We have already discussed scoring the JV races with chip timing and that change will happen next year. Whether it is good or bad feedback please let me know. Thanks again, and I look forward to seeing many of you next year.

Coach Sumner
Godby High School
LFCSumner3@aol.com
10/10/2010 2:36:25 PM
Coach
@LFCSumner3 One of the other coaches and myself were actually trying to figure out why more teams didn't attend and I really can't wrap my head around it. This was a great meet all around. The course was absolutely gorgeous and the meet was run very efficiently. I'll be bringing my team back next year. Great meet all around!
@LFCSumner3

One of the other coaches and myself were actually trying to figure out why more teams didn't attend and I really can't wrap my head around it. This was a great meet all around. The course was absolutely gorgeous and the meet was run very efficiently.

I'll be bringing my team back next year. Great meet all around!
10/10/2010 2:54:49 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
Maybe because it's between flrunners and Prestate? Teams may not want to go back to back to back on the road. Just a thought. Could go earlier or later?
Maybe because it's between flrunners and Prestate? Teams may not want to go back to back to back on the road. Just a thought. Could go earlier or later?
10/10/2010 3:37:59 PM
Admin
The date is usually the main thing that we can not control because of the FSU football schedule. But even with it being between those two races, we should still be able to get the numbers up. There are plenty of teams that do not always go that directions.
The date is usually the main thing that we can not control because of the FSU football schedule. But even with it being between those two races, we should still be able to get the numbers up. There are plenty of teams that do not always go that directions.
10/10/2010 3:54:58 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
SAT day as well
SAT day as well
10/10/2010 5:11:10 PM
User
SAT probably made a difference, and in the case my school we couldn't go because our bus miles were cut :/
SAT probably made a difference, and in the case my school we couldn't go because our bus miles were cut :/
10/10/2010 5:51:28 PM
Coach
This without a doubt the best course in the state!
This without a doubt the best course in the state!
10/10/2010 6:42:38 PM
User
The course was awesome, hope our coach will take us again next year
The course was awesome, hope our coach will take us again next year
10/10/2010 8:52:26 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I saw this course for the first time last December for the FACA all star meet. It quickly shot up to my favorite XC course in Florida! I had every intention of bringing my team up this year but SATs and homecoming caused me to reconsider. I'm hoping next year we will be able to attend!
I saw this course for the first time last December for the FACA all star meet. It quickly shot up to my favorite XC course in Florida!

I had every intention of bringing my team up this year but SATs and homecoming caused me to reconsider.

I'm hoping next year we will be able to attend!
10/10/2010 8:53:33 PM
User
This is definitely the best CC course in the state. Parking and distance from South Florida are the only things keeping it out of serious consideration for the home of the state CC meet.
This is definitely the best CC course in the state. Parking and distance from South Florida are the only things keeping it out of serious consideration for the home of the state CC meet.
10/10/2010 10:20:48 PM
User
I have to back Coach Sumner's challenge here. I walked the entire course twice on Friday afternoon prior to the college races. I saw no problems on the course at all - unless you were expecting it to be a road course! Indeed, I was impressed by how many roots were marked that I felt were inconsequential. Great job, Coach Sumner, Coach Brahman, Leon County Parks and Rec and GulfWinds Track Club!
I have to back Coach Sumner's challenge here. I walked the entire course twice on Friday afternoon prior to the college races. I saw no problems on the course at all - unless you were expecting it to be a road course!
Indeed, I was impressed by how many roots were marked that I felt were inconsequential. Great job, Coach Sumner, Coach Brahman, Leon County Parks and Rec and GulfWinds Track Club!
10/11/2010 1:10:20 PM
Admin
I really can't take any credit this year to the condition of the course. That is all from the awesome FSU athletes and GWTC volunteers. Brian Corbin and Coach Braman spend a lot of time keeping the course ready to go.
I really can't take any credit this year to the condition of the course. That is all from the awesome FSU athletes and GWTC volunteers. Brian Corbin and Coach Braman spend a lot of time keeping the course ready to go.
10/11/2010 1:50:13 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Just watched Doctor Bob's post-meet interview with Coach Braman at distancepreps.com - the dude is a little bit excited about the course and the future planned improvements. Its gonna be even more specialer than it already is... yes, I meant specialer! Bob's other videos of the races give a real sense of the ability of the crowd to flow to the runners at multiple points and of the various aspects of the course itself - really nice job, Bob.
Just watched Doctor Bob's post-meet interview with Coach Braman at distancepreps.com - the dude is a little bit excited about the course and the future planned improvements. Its gonna be even more specialer than it already is... yes, I meant specialer!

Bob's other videos of the races give a real sense of the ability of the crowd to flow to the runners at multiple points and of the various aspects of the course itself - really nice job, Bob.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.