FHSAA 1A Region 1 2011
09/14/2011 10:02:18 AM
User
I hope that you will consider an open race--like your community race in October. When Scott Gowen put on the regionals, he always had an open race. A few parents and a few coaches and quite a few JV runners who were not in the top seven, but wanted to compete. It was a great way to run the same course as your kid. Scott's race was also free and no posted results--just shoot the gun, turn the clock on and you read your time at the finish. I hope that you will consider this, please.
I hope that you will consider an open race--like your community race in October. When Scott Gowen put on the regionals, he always had an open race. A few parents and a few coaches and quite a few JV runners who were not in the top seven, but wanted to compete. It was a great way to run the same course as your kid. Scott's race was also free and no posted results--just shoot the gun, turn the clock on and you read your time at the finish. I hope that you will consider this, please.
09/14/2011 11:33:39 AM
Power User
We can look into that possibility, but we have to be out of the park by a certain time. I will see if we can extend our hours at the park.
We can look into that possibility, but we have to be out of the park by a certain time. I will see if we can extend our hours at the park.
09/14/2011 3:14:23 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Why are the 3A boys going before the 2A girls in the region meet schedule?
Why are the 3A boys going before the 2A girls in the region meet schedule?
09/15/2011 6:46:09 AM
Power User
We were following the spirit of the State Meet schedule where no class runs Girls and Boysback to back. Also we wanted to keep each class from having to be there from start to finish of the entire event. This was the best we could come up with. We also have been extended by the park to noon so we can offer a clock only free run to immediately follow the last race of the day. We will still do awards as planned so they may overlap some, but that is the only way to get both in before we need to have the course down and the park re-opened. Information will be posted as we get closer on www.halfmiletiming.com including the PDF substitute for the 6am coach's meeting. If you read and bring in the PDF to the event, you do not have to attend the meeting according to FHSAA.
We were following the spirit of the State Meet schedule where no class runs Girls and Boysback to back. Also we wanted to keep each class from having to be there from start to finish of the entire event. This was the best we could come up with. We also have been extended by the park to noon so we can offer a clock only free run to immediately follow the last race of the day. We will still do awards as planned so they may overlap some, but that is the only way to get both in before we need to have the course down and the park re-opened. Information will be posted as we get closer on www.halfmiletiming.com including the PDF substitute for the 6am coach's meeting. If you read and bring in the PDF to the event, you do not have to attend the meeting according to FHSAA.
09/15/2011 10:32:40 AM
User
i am very excited about the possibility of an open race. Since it is very possible to not have to record times and thus no chips and no mess on your part--just fire the gun, start the clock, put the clock at the finish line and we can record our times ourselves. Splits can be self recorded and with Garmins, we know the distance (pretty close) And if the open race is advertised, I would think a lot of JVs would come to cheer their team on in the big races and then get to run a race of their own. I think it would be great!!! Thanks for working on it!.
i am very excited about the possibility of an open race. Since it is very possible to not have to record times and thus no chips and no mess on your part--just fire the gun, start the clock, put the clock at the finish line and we can record our times ourselves. Splits can be self recorded and with Garmins, we know the distance (pretty close) And if the open race is advertised, I would think a lot of JVs would come to cheer their team on in the big races and then get to run a race of their own. I think it would be great!!! Thanks for working on it!.
11/01/2011 4:17:23 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I am glad to see you will be marking the kilometers as well as mile markers. I wish all meets would have kilometers instead of mile markers.
I am glad to see you will be marking the kilometers as well as mile markers. I wish all meets would have kilometers instead of mile markers.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.