- Complete Resulst & Coverage
- Photo Album by Mike Leary (655 Photos)
There were a lot of great performances on Friday evening at Bolles School in Jacksonville, including 37 national elite and 141 state elite performances, especially on the distance side of things. However, the brightest of them all was towards the end of the night with up-and-comer Sukhi Khosla. The sophomore from Leon blasted a new personal best with a big personal best of 9:16.73.
The time came against some strong competition including 2A XC state runner-up, David Yarborough of Bishop Kenny (9:34), Noah Kemp of St. Augustine (9:35), the Trinity Prep duo of Daniel Salas and Sam Milson (9:47), and a host of others. Despite the loaded field--which ended up seeing no less than 18 go under the ten-minute mark (!!)--Khosla gained separation early and never really looked back. It certainly makes you wonder what he will be capable of later in the season at a meet like FSU Relays with some national level competition who should be pushing for the nine-minute mark.
The girls 3200 battle was no slouch either, with 15 girls dipping under 12-minutes. Eden Meyer of Providence kept ahead of strong pushes from Mackenzie Wilson of Bolles and Brittney Olinger of Oak Hall. The duo kept kept the pace honest, as Meyer could hear footsteps much of the race as they traded off the runner-up position. The Providence junior took leadership early and never let it go, leading to a 11:18.41 victory with Wilson and Olinger in 11:22 and 11:23.
Earlier in the day, Meyer also helped anchor her 4x800 relay team to a fifth in the state 9:38.85. That Providence four-some also included Danielle Dunn, Camille Jackson and Katherine Messer.
The boys 4x800 saw a new state leader emerge with Ridgeview taking it by four seconds over Robert E. Lee with an 8:09.01. It's impressive for Ridgeview's team made up of four seniors who are eager to go out on a high note. They improved by ten seconds over last week's performance and are already knocking on the door of the 8:08 at last year's state meet that earned them tenth. They'll look be in the hunt for a podium spot come May.
Samantha Cook, the senior from Bradford, equaled her personal best from last week at the UNF Spring Break Open, to tie (herself) for fifth in the state in that event. Hey it takes skill to be that consistent down to the inch! The toss went a very respectable 41-feet and five inches.
Larry Donald of Bartram Trail looked mighty impressive in the hurdles. He swept both the highs and the intermediates. His 14.47 at the 110s is easily a new personal best and the 38.67 victory in the 300 hurdles is just off his season best from last year at districts. Depending on the rest of the results from the weekend, he could find himself top three in the state in both or at least top five.
Trevor Touchton was another guy with an impressive double on the night. He is not one of the super well-known names in the Florida distance scene, but I suppose he is trying to change that in his senior year! He went a long way toward making that happen on Friday with wins in both the 1600 and 800. With seven under 4:30 the 1600 was another stacked distance field in a night of great distance races! Daniel Salas of Trinity Prep led the race early on, but Touchton stayed patient and waited for his chance. He took the lead and pulled away to best Salas (4:24) and Noah Kemp of St. Augustine (4:25) for the very nice season best of 4:20.42. But he wasn't done! He came back for another fight in the 800 meters. This time it was fellow Tallahasseean (Tallahasseeite?) Will Spiers of Chiles who pushed Touchton to a new state leading outdoor time of 1:55.58.
The Lincoln senior did post some solid times early last track season including a 4:20.32 at Bob Hayes and a 4:21.76 at the FSU Relays. After that point he went down with an injury that knocked him out of the post-season. He returned in the fall after injury-impacted training in the summer, and afterh a slow start to cross country he pinnacled with a 16:47 at the FSU Invitational. So it's very impressive to see him come back out with a vengence and that kind of double here. He'll definitely be on the radar now and should be a threat at the state meet.
- 100 Meter Hurdles - Deja Hackshaw (Raines HS) 15.23; Emily Myslinski (Bishop Kenny HS) 15.32; Te'Aira Singleton (Bartram Trail HS) 15.40; Olivia West (Mandarin HS) 15.59; Nikki Vandervelde (Episcopal School of Jacksonville) 15.79; Tiana Sheffield (Bradford HS) 15.96;
- 100 Meter Dash - Kayla Heard (Stanton Prep) 12.24; Chelsea Francis (Atlantic Coast HS) 12.31; Sitia Martinez (Fort White HS) 12.47;
- 1,600 Meter Run - Rachel Givens (Chiles HS) 5:09.76; Kristin Sweeney (Maclay School) 5:13.35; Emily Stallings (Providence School) 5:13.63; Karen Xiang (Nease HS) 5:14.35; Sarah Heisner (Creekside HS) 5:15.00; Mackenzie Wilson (Bolles HS) 5:17.77; Ally Hajda (Bolles HS) 5:19.35; Brittney Olinger (Oak Hall School) 5:20.00; Danielle Dunn (Providence School) 5:21.48; Rachel Shapiro (Bolles HS) 5:21.62; Rachael Ingoldsby (Bartram Trail HS) 5:21.99;
- 200 Meter Dash - Taralyn Heard (Stanton Prep) 25.37; Chelsea Francis (Atlantic Coast HS) 25.78;
- 300 Meter Hurdles - Sitia Martinez (Fort White HS) 45.10; Alexandria Acree (Bolles HS) 47.90;
- 3,200 Meter Run - Eden Meyer (Providence School) 11:18.41; Mackenzie Wilson (Bolles HS) 11:22.43; Brittney Olinger (Oak Hall School) 11:23.63; Alyssa Rodale (Nease HS) 11:29.98; Lauren Perry (Oak Hall School) 11:33.26; Hannah Giangaspro(Bartram Trail HS) 11:34.67; Sara Lane (Chiles HS) 11:41.29; Autumn Wable (Leon HS) 11:41.58; Isabella Poole (Ponte Vedra HS) 11:43.91; Mary Kate Thyfault (Bishop Kenny HS) 11:45.36; Kaitlin Rocker (Creekside HS) 11:46.15; Jessica Taylor(Creekside HS) 11:46.47; Colleen Openshaw (Creekside HS) 11:50.10; Ashton Mcmurray (Chiles HS) 11:50.31; Talia Carlson (Oak Hall School) 11:56.96;
- 400 Meter Dash - Tamani Wilson (Maclay School) 58.33; Jordan Fields (Creekside HS) 59.99;
- 4x100 Meter Relay - Stanton Prep 48.47; Atlantic Coast HS 49.86;
- 4x400 Meter Relay - Stanton Prep 3:57.56;
- 4x800 Meter Relay - Providence School 9:38.85; Bolles HS 9:50.87; Bartram Trail HS 9:57.33; Bishop Kenny HS 9:57.55; Oak Hall School 9:59.29; Maclay School 10:04.13; Ponte Vedra HS 10:05.75;
- 800 Meter Run - Emily Stallings (Providence School) 2:22.13; Rachel Givens (Chiles HS) 2:23.71; Kaitlin King (Bartram Trail HS) 2:23.73;
- Discus - Angel Alston (Fleming Island HS) 121-0; Jordan Steinmetz (Ridgeview HS) 120-11;
- High Jump - Nicole Greene (Ponte Vedra HS) 5-6; Breyanne Dobbs (Atlantic Coast HS) 5-2; Kirby Powers (St. Johns Country Day School) 5-2;
- Long Jump - Jazmine Bowser (Mandarin HS) 18-11; Tiana Sheffield (Bradford HS) 17-4.75; Brittany Bowald (Atlantic Coast HS) 17-2;
- Pole Vault - Frances Rice (Bolles HS) 10-8; Molly Beckman (Creekside HS) 10-4; Nikki Vandervelde (Episcopal School of Jacksonville) 10-0; Bailey Ranson (Creekside HS) 9-6; Chelsi Forrester (Mandarin HS) 9-0;
- Shot Put - Samantha Cook (Bradford HS) 41-5; Shontielle Johnson (Chiles HS) 36-2;
- Triple Jump - Tiana Sheffield (Bradford HS) 36-2; Kadeejah Danzy (Buchholz HS) 35-8.25; Emily Myslinski (Bishop Kenny HS) 35-5;
- 100 Meter Dash - Joshua Johnson (Providence School) 10.95; Marquis Haynes (University Christian School) 10.97;
- 110 Meter Hurdles - Larry Donald (Bartram Trail HS) 14.47; Kamrin Solomon (Mandarin HS) 14.60;
- 1,600 Meter Run - Trevor Touchton (Lincoln HS) 4:20.42; Daniel Salas (Trinity Prep) 4:24.46; Noah Kemp (St. Augustine HS) 4:25.10; Rayford James (Robert E. Lee HS) 4:25.56; David Yarborough (Bishop Kenny HS) 4:25.57; Andrew Smith(Ridgeview HS) 4:27.44; Thomas Carroll (Flagler Palm Coast HS) 4:27.68; Tyler Jowers (Mandarin HS) 4:32.28; James Connor Daughton (Maclay School) 4:32.46; Wesley Norton (Stanton Prep) 4:33.29; Gordon Pace (Trinity Prep) 4:33.42; Sam Mack(Mandarin HS) 4:34.03; Lucas Shannon (Mandarin HS) 4:34.40; Eric Tallbacka (Stanton Prep) 4:34.73;
- 200 Meter Dash - Nick Uruburu (Bartram Trail HS) 21.70;
- 300 Meter Hurdles - Larry Donald (Bartram Trail HS) 38.67; Kadeem Williams (Flagler Palm Coast HS) 39.52;
- 3,200 Meter Run - Sukhi Khosla (Leon HS) 9:16.73; David Yarborough (Bishop Kenny HS) 9:34.63; Noah Kemp (St. Augustine HS) 9:35.97; Daniel Salas (Trinity Prep) 9:43.44; Sam Millson (Trinity Prep) 9:43.58; Wil Luca (Leon HS) 9:47.47; Will Henderson (Leon HS) 9:47.68; Cade Zimmerman (Chiles HS) 9:48.94; Jesse Millson (Trinity Prep) 9:50.16; Sean Turner (Chiles HS) 9:50.39; Sam Mack (Mandarin HS) 9:51.53; Dominic Williams (Robert E. Lee HS) 9:51.99; Cory Sayyeau (Cocoa Beach HS) 9:52.22; Brad Walbert (Flagler Palm Coast HS) 9:54.75; Zack Bias (Creekside HS) 9:55.75; John Weaver (Mandarin HS) 9:56.20; Austin Decker (Bolles HS) 9:57.51; Albert Gubitz (Creekside HS) 9:59.43;
- 400 Meter Dash - Joshua Johnson (Providence School) 49.15; Andrew Folk (Flagler Palm Coast HS) 50.01; Jontue McDowell (Raines HS) 50.20; Kenneth Dinkins (Bradford HS) 50.29; Oshawn Smith (Raines HS) 50.43; Eric Mejias (Flagler Palm Coast HS) 50.50; Jamel Davis (Atlantic Coast HS) 50.62;
- 4x400 Meter Relay - Bartram Trail HS 3:19.10; Flagler Palm Coast HS 3:21.07;
- 4x800 Meter Relay - Ridgeview HS 8:09.01; Robert E. Lee HS 8:13.50; Maclay School 8:15.67; Mandarin HS 8:15.86;
- 800 Meter Run - Trevor Touchton (Lincoln HS) 1:55.58; Will Spiers (Chiles HS) 1:56.89;
- Discus - Tyler Davidson (Ponte Vedra HS) 164-2; Jeremiah Theus (Bolles HS) 148-8;
- High Jump - Connor Ebanks (Creekside HS) 6-4;
- Long Jump - Ashton Butler (Bolles HS) 22-7.5; Michael Tillman (Buchholz HS) 22-6.25; Marquis Haynes (University Christian School) 22-3;
- Pole Vault - Ryan Hazouri (Creekside HS) 14-0; Nathan Jeffers (Bolles HS) 14-0; Kyle Weaver (Maclay School) 13-6; Seth Young (Creekside HS) 13-6; Benjamin Horowitz (Benjamin School) 13-0; David Bell (Bishop Kenny HS) 13-0; Mitchell Barton(Bishop John J. Snyder HS) 12-6;
- Shot Put - Tylar Reagan (Bartram Trail HS) 51-0;
- Triple Jump - Ashton Butler (Bolles HS) 45-10;